What does this mean, please?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
What is a -43 error?

I have been trying to burn DVDs on a G5 Desktop, and every time I try I get this error message - which is hardly intuitive or informative.

Any idea what it means, or more importantly how I overcome it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aulton View Post

What is a -43 error?

I have been trying to burn DVDs on a G5 Desktop, and every time I try I get this error message - which is hardly intuitive or informative.

Any idea what it means, or more importantly how I overcome it?

G'day

This error is defined as...

-43\tfnfErr\tFile not found; Folder not found; Edition container not found; Target not found

The problem could be several things.

1. You have moved or deleted or renames a file or folder containg files, that are part of your movie.

2. Part of iDVD or the burning software is missing.

I would suspect the latter.

Open your project on iMovie (presumably you prepared it in iMovie). If an error comes up that a file or resource can't be found, there's your problem.

If no error, then re-send your project to iDVD, and re-build the menu.

If you still get an error, re-install iDVD.

Still an error, you might need to do an archive and install of the OS.

I'm presuming you are running a version of the OS that's compatible with your version of iDVD? and that you haven't just copied iDVD from an OS X.4 installation to a OS 10.3 install? or something equally out of whack?

Also, you you have the latest compatible version of Quicktime?

Regards

Santa
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks, Santa.

Nope, this was just burning a backup data DVD, not using iDVD. All the installations were kosher, nothing unauthentic anywhere, all latest versions AFAIK.

It's a poser, and no mistake.