[FS] $200 itunes gift card for half the value [NOT SPAM]

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hi guys I don't know if its the right place to post here but I got a $200 itunes gift card from a friend who knew I had an iPhone, but I need the money more than the music and videos so I thought here might be the right place to sell the gift card for half the price since we all have an apple product and please have paypal if you're interested in buying.

the card only works in iTunes US store so if you're in Canada, UK or anywhere else it wont work, only US.

remember I only send the card if you have PayPal, and I only send the code to your paypal email, thats safe for both me and the buyer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Spam or not, you'd be better off selling this on eBay. We don't know you, you don't know us, but with eBay at least there is a modicum of protection for both parties.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    sedjavsedjav Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Spam or not, you'd be better off selling this on eBay. We don't know you, you don't know us, but with eBay at least there is a modicum of protection for both parties.

yeah that true but I'll have to wait for three days for some one to come and bid and hopefully if everything goes smoothly it will take 4-5 days. I thought its easier and faster to find a buyer here because we have apple products. its also safe because with paypal you can charge back your money so its safe.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    no one interested? this is a hell of a deal
  • Reply 4 of 10
    old-wizold-wiz Posts: 194member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sedjav View Post

why should anyone trust you? There are plenty of scams out there offering

stuff at "hell of a deal". If you're legit go to a site such as ebay or craigslist.

PayPal isn't really that good at preventing fraud.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    bobertoqbobertoq Posts: 172member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post

stuff at "hell of a deal". If you're legit go to a site such as ebay or craigslist.

Yeah.... like that $40 Corvette I saw once hahah lol
  • Reply 6 of 10
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sedjav View Post

PM me.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post

thats because I don't buy or sell on ebay so if I wanted to sell this thing on ebay then I would have needed feedback so no one would trust me ob ebay too. If some guy buys the card from me and send the money to me and I send the code and the buyer opens a dispute with PayPal then he'll get he's money back and I'll lose my card, so the buyer is safer. I just want to get rid of the card to save money for the upcoming iPhone.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    old-wiz is right.

The only way I would do this is if I lived in your area then met you in person, put the code into my itunes account and it worked, then I'd give you the cash.

No way I'd do this on Paypal. This is a scam.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    "no one interested? this is a hell of a deal"

If it's so good, you take it!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I took the bait. Seems legit. He actually ended up giving me the code first. Risky business, this, but so far so good. At the end of the day, as weird as it sounds, I need to stop downloading pirated TV shows... at least reduce my activities...

Again, certainly I wouldn't advise people to do this, with all the crazy spam going around, but... to be fair to sedjav it checks out and the PayPal is on the way.

Unless the code is stolen/hax in which case we'll see if the account gets deactivated suddenly over the next few days/ weeks/ months... In which case I'll inform you all. Peace.