Dream laptop

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ok so Steve Jobs is about to be hit by a bus and you push him out of the way saving his life. As a thank you he says he will build you a one off personalized laptop. What do you ask for? It can be any configuration, any ports, any hardware. It has to be currently available, or at least coming out in the very near future (ie guaranteed tech coming out in a few months).

For me, I would have a 15 inch unibody macbook pro, done out in that sexy black finish you can get from colourware (http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-183-ste...cbook-pro.aspx).

I would move the ports from the left side to right, just for my own convenience; I tend to have my laptop set up on my desk/couch in such a way that having the ports on the right side would be easier. From the back to the front I would set them up, magsafe power, external display, two USB 2.0 (preferably 3.0 but its not quite here yet), one Firewire 800 (or 3200 if he?ll let me), gigabit ethernet, one express card. Since the expresscard can be adapted to other uses I?ll take it over standard SD.

While I don?t really care about the optical drive as I use it only rarely, I suppose I?ll throw in a Blu-ray if it will fit just for shits and giggles and to be extra awesome.

256GB Solid state drive. Or what ever the maximum possible GB range is at the time of build.

Nvidia GTS 250M

8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2x4GB).

I would keep the glossy option, but use a better quality glass, I?ve read of glossy screens that don?t have quite as much glare.

If possible I would replace the trackpad with a iTouch style touch screen, customizable to your preference of interface.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Strange Lulz View Post

Ok so Steve Jobs is about to be hit by a bus and you push him out of the way saving his life. As a thank you he says he will build you a one off personalized laptop. What do you ask for? It can be any configuration, any ports, any hardware. It has to be currently available, or at least coming out in the very near future (ie guaranteed tech coming out in a few months).

For me, I would have a 15 inch unibody macbook pro, done out in that sexy black finish you can get from colourware (http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-183-ste...cbook-pro.aspx).

I would move the ports from the left side to right, just for my own convenience; I tend to have my laptop set up on my desk/couch in such a way that having the ports on the right side would be easier. From the back to the front I would set them up, magsafe power, external display, two USB 2.0 (preferably 3.0 but its not quite here yet), one Firewire 800 (or 3200 if he?ll let me), gigabit ethernet, one express card. Since the expresscard can be adapted to other uses I?ll take it over standard SD.

While I don?t really care about the optical drive as I use it only rarely, I suppose I?ll throw in a Blu-ray if it will fit just for shits and giggles and to be extra awesome.

256GB Solid state drive. Or what ever the maximum possible GB range is at the time of build.

Nvidia GTS 250M

8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2x4GB).

I would keep the glossy option, but use a better quality glass, I?ve read of glossy screens that don?t have quite as much glare.

If possible I would replace the trackpad with a iTouch style touch screen, customizable to your preference of interface.

My congratulations to you.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    tenshitenshi Posts: 11member
    Now what about the processor, Dr Strange Lulz?