Automator / applescript guidance for a newb

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just need some conceptual guidance.

I have a few hundred Quicktime (Pro) movie files where I need to do the same thing to all of them: open file, open a certain window under a certain menu, uncheck a checked box, and close file.

I know that I can probably *record* these actions and replay them, but how would I make Automator (or Applescript, not sure which one applies here) repeat these actions going down a list of files in a folder?

As I say, I'm a newb, so forgive my ignorance. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by codonnell456 View Post

Just need some conceptual guidance.

I have a few hundred Quicktime (Pro) movie files where I need to do the same thing to all of them: open file, open a certain window under a certain menu, uncheck a checked box, and close file.

I know that I can probably *record* these actions and replay them, but how would I make Automator (or Applescript, not sure which one applies here) repeat these actions going down a list of files in a folder?

As I say, I'm a newb, so forgive my ignorance. Thanks.

Oh - I figured this out myself after doing some google searches.

In case anyone is interested in my solution, I found out that there is a free 3rd Party app that let's you take your saved Automator application (that contains just a few simple actions like mine above) and drag and drop it onto their "Multi-Item Processing Utility" which takes care of running your actions in a controlled way, individually, on any bunch of files thrown at it.

The Multi-Item Processing Utility can be found here:

http://www.automatedworkflows.com/so...tor_tools.html