A 25 year old Steve Jobs would never be an employee of Apple today

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
If Steve Jobs was born around 30 years later he would never become an employee of the Apple of today. Steve would be creating something to take down the dominate secrective Corporation of his time, not join it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member

Gee, that was dumb.  A place based on everything that aligns with his personality and he wouldn't see the value in that?  Yeah, right.

Maybe you should leave the pot hoc shrink-work to the actual shrinks.

• Reply 2 of 21
    Ha! Steve would never be an 'employee' of any company because that's for tools. If he wasn't in charge of running it, he wouldn't do it.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commodification View Post

Ha! Steve would never be an 'employee' of any company because that's for tools. If he wasn't in charge of running it, he wouldn't do it.

He worked for Atari just fine.

• Reply 4 of 21

Just fine before he left and never came back. I think he rightfully figured out that if you are going to work tirelessly on something it might as we be your own company and not someone else's.
  • Reply 5 of 21

All purely speculative bunk.  Can you please go emulate what you think of Steve,  maybe tirelessly go start you own website to annoy and not somebody else's?

• Reply 6 of 21
    No, I think it's fun but you're obviously wound up a little too tight.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    tony12tony12 Posts: 31member

Well, if he didn't join Atari and Apple, then how did he get Apple Inc. come to the heights of wealth, power, and influence~ 

• Reply 8 of 21
    tony12 wrote: »
    Well, if he didn't join <span style="line-height:normal;">Atari and Apple, then how did he get Apple Inc. come to the </span>
    heights of wealth, power, and influence~ 

My point is that no way a young 25 year old anti-establishment Steve Jobs (of today) would become a long term employee of a large corporation that's run by a 50 something year old guy who's into logistics. Steve would be thinking of the next big thing and try to beat the monopolistic Apple Co. to it with a rag-tag group of scrappy optimists who have nothing to lose but their digital chains.
  • Reply 9 of 21

Facepalm.jpg

• Reply 10 of 21
    Ha! Jesus wouldn't work for Apple either.
  • Reply 11 of 21

You say of a carpenter that worked for others and is part of what some call the largest, stodgiest, and most dogmatic corporation in existence?  

I guess that sums up your ability to prognosticate.  

Our work is done here.  There is no recovery.

• Reply 12 of 21
    hiro wrote: »
    You say of a carpenter that worked for others and is part of what some call the largest, stodgiest, and most dogmatic corporation in existence?  

I guess that sums up your ability to prognosticate.  

Our work is done here.  There is no recovery.

Jesus started the most caring and charitable organization based on forgiveness and grace the world has ever seen, but even he would be disappointed to see what many people claim in his name.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

Quote:

If Steve Jobs was born around 30 years later he would never become an employee of the Apple of today. Steve would be creating something to take down the dominate secrective Corporation of his time, not join it.

Civilisations, Empires and Corporations all rise and fall. Not saying Apple is going to fall anytime soon, but it is the nature of humanity to challenge what we know, what we feel, what we think.

I'm glad that Apple is out there in a big way and I look forward to the next Steve Jobs challenging Apple Inc.

• Reply 14 of 21
    caldencalden Posts: 13member

Yea but who wouldn't want to work for a computer game company in the 70's. Talk about being at the birth of something.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    caldencalden Posts: 13member

Yea but who wouldn't want to work for a computer game company in the 70's. Talk about being at the birth of something.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    user23user23 Posts: 199member

You might want to consider reading this book:

http://www.stevenlevy.com/index.php/books/hackers

there were _plenty_ of people who didn't want to work for Atari back then. Plenty. It was people of Steve Jobs' ilk who went on to become pioneers and legends. The sort who was inclined to stay with a company like Atari..well, who the hell remembers any of them aside from themselves?

• Reply 17 of 21
    user23user23 Posts: 199member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Civilisations, Empires and Corporations all rise and fall. Not saying Apple is going to fall anytime soon, but it is the nature of humanity to challenge what we know, what we feel, what we think.

I'm glad that Apple is out there in a big way and I look forward to the next Steve Jobs challenging Apple Inc.

Exactly!

The King is Dead.

Long live the King.

• Reply 18 of 21

Quote:

If Steve jobs was born 30 years later there would be no Apple!(or at least not as well known) because Steve is the person that bought Apple back from the verge of bankruptcy.

So therefore your argument is invalid. 

• Reply 19 of 21

Entrepreneurs like to create their own companies/structures, not work for someone else. In the late 1990's Jobs went back to the company he co-founded (via Apple purchasing Next) and then systemically took it over from the idiots who were running his company into the ground. 

• Reply 20 of 21
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member

Exactly right. He would never get passed the gate keepers (Human Resources)...