First look: Logitech Create is first third-party Smart Connector keyboard for iPad Pro

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    thanks for letting us know that, twice.

how about one more time?
    Thanks for thanking the guy for letting us know about his purchasing plans twice, which has now been pointed out twice! ;-)
  • Reply 22 of 27
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I don't think the perfect keyboard is out yet, but I like options! Smart Connector-powered backlighting is pretty awesome.

For my needs I would want super-easy one-handed removal/insertion (not trying to connect the two halves firmly like a laptop). Because most of the time I'll just use the onscreen keyboard and keep it slim.

So, a rigid "keyboard cover" might be the right choice. You know... like the Logitech ones Microsoft copied to make the first Surface. (Although I hear Logitech's latest keyboard covers are not up the quality of earlier models. Hope to see that change with the Pro, and I might actually buy one.)
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Here's my review (typing on the new Logitech).

It is awesome. Not too heavy, not too light. The keyboard shortcuts are VERY handt. Brings a bit of OS X feel to the iPad Pro. I must say, this is by far the best iPad I've ever owned (I've owned 4).

Backlight works as designed, flipping through apps via command tab is great. Home button is nice as well. Love the media and volume controls, and the screen brightness. Getting used to not having a trackpad, but it really does feel like a MacBook Air and an iPad got freaky. Love it.

Brendon
  • Reply 24 of 27
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    How about a smart connector Apple pencil charger/ magnet holder?
  • Reply 25 of 27
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

Thanks for thanking the guy for letting us know about his purchasing plans twice, which has now been pointed out twice! ;-)

You're welcome, but please note I was the first to thank AppeX (and I only did it once) for letting us know twice that he/she is not purchasing an iPad Pro.  :-D

• Reply 26 of 27
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    AI you really deleted that lighthearted bit of fun? Really?

Wow, so there's no room for humour. Got it. /sigh
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I have to imagine that despite the problems associated with touchscreen laptops, Apple will eventually make all of their laptops multitouch at some point.

We can imagine all kinds of things, but so far, whenever asked, Apple has said no.  They believe (and I agree) that a touch-screen is not a good user experience for a laptop.

I concur.  I've done some work with desktops and laptops that have touch screens, and light-pens before that.  With the screen perpendicular to the desk surface, you have to hold your hand in an uncomfortable position.  Your wrists start hurting after more than a little usage.  With a tablet or phone, the display's surface is mostly parallel to your desk - your wrists are in a more natural orientation and the entire experience is far more comfortable.  (Ditto for desktop systems where the display is flat on the desk's surface, but who can afford to give up that much desk space?)