Apple's AirPods grabbed 26% of wireless headphone sales after launch, report claims

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    danvmdanvm Posts: 1,409member
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    sog35 said:
    but,but,but,but

they ugly
    they will get lost
    sound quality is horrible
    they will fall out of your ear
    they are too expensive
    did i mention they ugly?

WRONG.

Dumb ass tech media is wrong again.
    What surprise.

Bought my Airpods and loving it. Tim cook totally nailed it.

They are ugly - Yes, they are.
    They will get lost - Yes, they are very small.  So it will happen.
    Sound quality is horrible - I haven't tried them yet, but most review agree that sound quality is similar, maybe a little better than earbuds.  So I suppose they sound bad.
    They will fall out of your ear - I suppose for many people, since they have no option for different sizes. 
    They are too expensive - Yes, they are.
    Did i mention they ugly? - Yes, already did.

So maybe media ir right.  Still, their opinions have no relation on how well or bad they sell.
    What nonsense. You need to get a pair, bro. 

They arent ugly.
    I haven't lost mine. (and do diamond earrings suck because they can be lost?)
    Sound quality is not horrible, it's pretty good. 
    They don't fall out of my ears. 
    They aren't too expensive (more than free?)
    They aren't ugly. 

See how opinions work? Only diff is, i've actually used a pair. With such a post i have to wonder if you even have an iphone. 
    I don't think that AirPods look that good, specially when people compare them to an electric tootbrush. 
    I didn't say that they suck because can get lost.  I just pointed out that the media was right when they point out they could get lost because of their size.
    Again, my comment was based in reviews I read in the internet.  To say that sound quality is similar to Earbuds is not something to be proud of. 
    Good for you that they don't fall.  But not everyone will have the same experience.  Jaybird and other brands have different sizes, which is a better option than a single size, like Apple did.
    Yes, at USD$169.00 they are expensive.
    See my first line. 

And yes, I have an iPhone 7. 

They're 159, which is not as premium a price as Beats and others. 

I dont know WTF your electric toothbrush comment is even supposed to mean. 

Is the media right that earrings can also be lost? They're pretty small. 

Sound quality is pretty good. 

Pro tip: actually try a product before you try to review it. Reeks of less BS when you do it that way. 
    USD$159.00 for wireless EarPods is expensive. 

Here is the link of people comparing the electric toothbrush with the AirPods style,
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37306404/you-think-apples-new-airpods-look-like-toothbrushes-tiny-shower-heads-and-snoopy

Yes, earrings are small, and get lost frequently. 

Regarding sound, I read that they sound as good as EarPods.  If that's the case, then the sound is between average and good.  IMO, I don't like how EarPods sound.  But if you consider that they sound "pretty good", then I'm happy for you. 

If you notice, I made clear that I haven't tried them.  But, like I mentioned before, I don't need to own them to see that they are expensive, ugly and small.  BTW, I'm not saying they are a bad product, and looks like many people looks are happy with them, including you.  But for me, audio quality is first, and I haven't seen a review where it mentions sound quality as a strong feature in the AirPods.  Maybe I change my mind when I try them.  But even you consider them "pretty good", which don't sound convincing.

edited January 2017
  • Reply 42 of 48
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    sog35 said:
    but,but,but,but

they ugly
    they will get lost
    they are too expensive
    did i mention they ugly?

WRONG.

What surprise.

Sound quality is horrible - I haven't tried them yet, but most review agree that sound quality is similar, maybe a little better than earbuds.  So I suppose they sound bad.
    They will fall out of your ear - I suppose for many people, since they have no option for different sizes. 

So maybe media ir right.  Still, their opinions have no relation on how well or bad they sell.

They arent ugly.
    They aren't ugly. 

See how opinions work? Only diff is, i've actually used a pair. With such a post i have to wonder if you even have an iphone. 
    I don't think that AirPods look that good, specially when people compare them to an electric tootbrush. 
    I didn't say that they suck because can get lost.  I just pointed out that the media was right when they point out they could get lost because of their size.
    Again, my comment was based in reviews I read in the internet.  To say that sound quality is similar to Earbuds is not something to be proud of. 
    Good for you that they don't fall.  But not everyone will have the same experience.  Jaybird and other brands have different sizes, which is a better option than a single size, like Apple did.
    See my first line. 

Pro tip: actually try a product before you try to review it. Reeks of less BS when you do it that way. 

Here is the link of people comparing the electric toothbrush with the AirPods style,
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37306404/you-think-apples-new-airpods-look-like-toothbrushes-tiny-shower-heads-and-snoopy

Regarding sound, I read that they sound as good as EarPods.  If that's the case, then the sound is between average and good.  IMO, I don't like how EarPods sound.  But if you consider that they sound "pretty good", then I'm happy for you. 

If you notice, I made clear that I haven't tried them.  But, like I mentioned before, I don't need to own them to see that they are expensive, ugly and small.  BTW, I'm not saying they are a bad product, and looks like many people looks are happy with them, including you.  But for me, audio quality is first, and I haven't seen a review where it mentions sound quality as a strong feature in the AirPods.  Maybe I change my mind when I try them.  But even you consider them "pretty good", which don't sound convincing.

That article you linked is a typical media taking a jab on Apple regardless of their actual opinion for a clickbait or two. I wouldn't take their comments seriously. Most of the actual reviews never mentioned a toothbursh at all.

From my own experience (yes, I do own them), the sound quality is better than EarPods. It seems even MacRumourTechRadar, Gizmodo and The Verge (media who usually bash Apple) agreed with me.

And BTW, you do actually need to own and use them to tell us your opinion about them, because otherwise your words are just as empty as an air.
    edited January 2017 muppetry
  • Reply 43 of 48
    danvmdanvm Posts: 1,409member
    kevin kee said:
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    sog35 said:
    but,but,but,but

they ugly
    they will get lost
    they are too expensive
    did i mention they ugly?

WRONG.

What surprise.

They arent ugly.
    They aren't ugly. 

See my first line. 

That article you linked is a typical media taking a jab on Apple regardless of their actual opinion for a clickbait or two. I wouldn't take their comments seriously. Most of the actual reviews never mentioned a toothbursh at all.

From my own experience (yes, I do own them), the sound quality is better than EarPods. It seems even MacRumourTechRadar, Gizmodo and The Verge (media who usually bash Apple) agreed with me.

And BTW, you do actually need to own and use them to tell us your opinion about them, because otherwise your words are just as empty as an air.

You don't need to be a reviewer or from the media to see the similarities. 

First, any headphone/earbuds can be better then EarPods.  And in the same way you posted positive reviews, I can post some negatives too.  Like I mentioned before, most of the reviews, even positive ones, mention the similarities between EarPods and AirPods, and I don't like how they sound.  Let's see what happens when I try them.

Again, I don't need to own them to see that they are ugly, small and expensive.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    ronmgronmg Posts: 163member
    Love mine as well. They really are awesome, and it just makes you smile when you open the case and your iPhone gives you a pretty window showing the pairing, battery life of both airpods and case, and that wonderful sound when you put them in your ear and they indicate they are ready to play. Home run, Apple!!
  • Reply 45 of 48
    AppleBumAppleBum Posts: 37unconfirmed, member
    cali said:
    Soli said:

And you can't find them anywhere.
    Not sure if you're sarcastic but besides my pre order I bought a second pair in my local Apple Store at about 3pm the week after Christmas. 
    He's Not being sarcastic they're sold out until March last I read.
    February 28. I just ordered some a few days ago.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    A new study out today questions whether the Slice estimate of 26% of the market is greatly exaggerated.

"NPD suggests that Apple AirPods only had a presence of 2 percent by unit sales and 3 percent by value.

Regardless of Apple’s actual market share figures, Beats Electronics has managed to score a competitive position in the total market for wireless headphones. The report further suggests that even though Apple AirPods market share is pretty low, the company did enjoy a good start. It is also said that after about just a month of release, the company’s wireless headphones were on par with other brands like Jaybird and Plantronics.

Even though Apple had a good start, we also have to consider the fact that Apple AirPods were a little short in supply after the release. So with due considerations, sales figures could have potentially increased"

• Reply 47 of 48
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    gatorguy said:
    A new study out today questions whether the Slice estimate of 26% of the market is greatly exaggerated.

"NPD suggests that Apple AirPods only had a presence of 2 percent by unit sales and 3 percent by value.

Regardless of Apple’s actual market share figures, Beats Electronics has managed to score a competitive position in the total market for wireless headphones. The report further suggests that even though Apple AirPods market share is pretty low, the company did enjoy a good start. It is also said that after about just a month of release, the company’s wireless headphones were on par with other brands like Jaybird and Plantronics.

Even though Apple had a good start, we also have to consider the fact that Apple AirPods were a little short in supply after the release. So with due considerations, sales figures could have potentially increased"

How would their estimates be exaggerated unless they've done some massive up-rounding? When you take surveys and/or statistical analysis for a defined market you get a result. What I could see Slice does is having too narrow a scope which has resulted in an inflated value for the whole of the headphone market, but that wouldn't be an exaggeration.