Target denies reports of imminent Apple Pay addition to retail stores

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    macxpress said:

sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    Oh, fuck you, Target. What an anti-consumer move. You would think they'd jump on this after their hacking scandal. But nope, lesson not learned. I'm now actively avoiding big box stores that don't support Apple Pay, even though their terminals DO support it,  because why the hell should I give them business if they don't give a shit about my convenience? I've been to a shitload of small business that take Apple Pay, so why the hell can't target?
    easy solution?

Don't buy stuff at target. That's what I do
    What department store do you shop at then? I don't know of a major department store retailer other than Kohls that does allow Apple Pay. You can't honestly tell us that you don't go to any of them, ever. 
    Why shop at ANY major department store?   There are plenty of options.   I haven't been in a Target since my credit card was hacked from their servers years ago.   The fact that they rejected ApplePay confirms that they don't care about securing my personal financial information.   That's their right (or, at least they can get away with it!).   It's my right to shop elsewhere and I do.   And I will.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I am surprised at the number of comments that attribute ApplePay as simply an ease-of-use thing.

Yes, it is quick, and it is easy.   I just tap twice & hold up my wrist.  I love it.  The cashier loves it.  And all those people waiting in line love it.  But, for me, its the security.  My credit card stays secure behind the ApplePay wall...
  • Reply 43 of 46
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    lkrupp said:
    I have NEVER seen ANYONE use Walmart Pay at a Walmart. Yes, I shop there from time to time for expediency’s sake. I don’t think the demographics match.
    I did once while standing behind a lady in line. The employee replied "wow someone who actually uses that. You're the first I've seen." and remarked about it not being a complete waste after all 
  • Reply 44 of 46
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    macxpress said:
    slurpy said:
    Oh, fuck you, Target. What an anti-consumer move. You would think they'd jump on this after their hacking scandal. But nope, lesson not learned. I'm now actively avoiding big box stores that don't support Apple Pay, even though their terminals DO support it,  because why the hell should I give them business if they don't give a shit about my convenience? I've been to a shitload of small business that take Apple Pay, so why the hell can't target?
    I bet they're waiting to see if they can somehow interject the Target Red Card into ApplePay. I think this was a feature Apple was trailing with some places, yes? People wouldn't be able to save the extra 5% without it and Target really pushes the Red Card (Debit or Credit) so customers would expect to be able to use ApplePay with the Red Card. 

That's exactly what I was going to say.  I wouldn't use Apple Pay at Target if it cost me my 5% Target discount.
    Ditto this - we shop at Target all the time, and use the Target Red card solely for that reason. Even if they did start offering Apple Pay, the only time I would likely use it is when I forgot my wallet. Now if they offered Apple Pay on the Red Card...
  • Reply 45 of 46
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    mknelson said:
    lkrupp said:
    So once again, fake news.
    No, it was real news - just not entirely accurate 
    In other words, fake.
    No, fake news implies it was completely fictional - no basis in fact, no source for the news.

Somebody posted it on Target's social media account and that is what the original story covered. That is verifiable.
    No, this is still fake, and this is the problem with so called journalism today. Everything is real news, until its fake news.

Me thinks. you need to read Snively's reply and then look up the definition of Fake News...