Rumor: Apple's new iPad Pros could debut next week, with or without an event

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    Say, I am wondering about something. Why do they shut down the store? Can't the update the store without shutting it down? They are saying "ok, no info about Apple products for some hours", it seems odd. Is there some technical reason, or is it just a kind of publicity?
  • Reply 42 of 43
    misa said:
    I would buy it if it comes with 4K resolution OLED display. If OLED is impossible for now at least give us 4K. That would be great.
    In an iPad? It's as close to 4K as it's going to be able to get without changing the aspect ratio. The iPad Pro has 2732 x 2048, which a 4K screen is 3840x2160. You're literately asking for 5.2% more screen real estate. But no 4K content is produced in a 4:3 ratio. 4K is not really usable in a sub 30" screen anyway. I have a 24" 4K and it's the same difference between a non-retina and a retina display when upgrading from 1080p. The pixel density at 4K in a roughly 10"-12" screen is 4x denser than a 1080p screen.

Now if you're talking about MBP, same issue. The 15" is 2880x1800 which would still require 33% more screen real estate. Once you go beyond 1080HD, you are in the realm of UI scaling instead of native resolution, so you need a more powerful GPU, and Intel's iGPU's are rubbish.
    I agree that screen ratio (both MBP and iPad Pro) should be changed. The ratio of 5K iMac 16:9 or 16:10  could be great on an iPad Pro.