Apple slips wireless Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad onto online store [u]

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,886member

dysamoria said:
    How do the firmware key commands work now? Is the Bluetooth connection to peripherals active prior to OS startup?

$129 for a disposable keyboard (with painfully sharp edges at the front, if it's like the prior "magic keyboard") is bad business. Can anyone confirm whether the keyboard can work via its cable in the event the battery dies (and once it no longer holds a charge)?
    How is it "disposable"? You do realize you have have your devices serviced for battery replacements, right? This is no more disposable than a wired plastic piece of junk. Everything is disposed of given enough time.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 405member
    I was hoping for touch bar for keyboard with the new iMac. With or without a wire.

• Reply 43 of 44
    john galtjohn galt Posts: 960member
    dysamoria said:

$129 for a disposable keyboard (with painfully sharp edges at the front, if it's like the prior "magic keyboard") is bad business. 

Disposable? Battery replacement is $29, same as the MTP2, and probably won't be required for years.

If that's too much for you perhaps you ought to buy something else.

• Reply 44 of 44
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    wozwoz said:
    I would avoid bluetooth devices (like wireless mice and keyboards) --- they needlessly radiate your body, when a clean simple wired version eliminates that health issue, and doesn't require the nuisance of charging etc. The Bluetooth gives me a headache, so I try to avoid using them in fixed work/home environments.
    Not watching too much Better Call Saul, are you???