Spectrum debuts $15 cable streaming service for Apple TV, iPhone, iPad users

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    linkman said:
    Notably absent is ESPN. But with ESPN's restrictive licensing policies and high price there is no way Spectrum could offer this package at this price. Adding ESPN would probably raise it by $10-$15 per month.

My experience with Spectrum is that they advertise $14.99/month plus tax but there are always a bunch of fees that they tack on. I had their cable + internet for a while and the fees added up to something like $9/month. Franchise fees, broadcast subscriber fees, universal access fees, pork belly cleaning fees, blah blah blah. I'll look up one of my old bills later and detail the exact amounts.
    This is what Philo is doing and has done for a while now. No sports, just a set of networks. Anyone knowing the reality of the streaming industry would know this doesn't include ESPN. Without checking the list, I'd bet NBC Universal isn't represented here either, so no USA or Syfy.

To your other point, cable companies charge these fees and such, streaming services do not have them. I currently have DirecTV Now, and there are no extra fees, even though I'm sure regular DTV does.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    None of the NatGeo channels (because of Disney maybe?) or Discovery Science seem to be available with this package...that’s a shame.