Which to buy: AirPods, AirPods 2, or AirPods 2 with the wireless charging case

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,921member

mike1 said:
    "That's a lot of money for a pair of earphones."

That's a lot of editorializing in a review. I am sure many people to not think $159 is not a lot of money for a high-quality, wireless headphones.
    Everybody has their own value equation. There are hundreds of various headphone models that are a lot more than these. For some, they're worth it. For others not so much.
    Agreed. When released $159 for true wireless, long battery, quality headphones...was considered mid-range. Bose offerings were 200 as I recall.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    svanstrom said:
    bonobob said:
    Which to buy?  None of the above.  I'm waiting for the Powerbeats Pro.  All the benefits of the AirPods, plus an ear loop to keep it in place.
    Honestly, people that actually try the AirPods don't really complain about them not having anything "to keep it in place".

The few times that I've actually dropped one it's because it's been physically hit by something (like my hand, or me trying to slip in/out of a hoodie with them on).
    This is for those that have tried Powerbeats 2, and had ear pain with them.  When I bought my pair, I was looking forward to them staying on my ears with the clips, and what I got was, after about 2 hours of use, pain like someone was stabbing me in the ear (or an overly ripe ear pimple).  After checking for both (coming out negative on both possible causes), I tried to "get used to them", as I thought it was a new thing, so maybe I just had to develop callouses or something like that, to no avail.  They'd be fine, until I had to adjust them, and then the pain would recur.

Again, i've been wearing things on/in my ear for 40 years, and never had anything like this, and I'm perfectly willing to accept me as the reason why.  The reason I went with the PowerBeats with the ear loops is that earbuds seem to launch themselves from my ears, like it's a fire escape in a burning building.

So my questions are:  1.  Has anyone else had a similar experience with Beats;  2.  How did you get rid of it; 3:  Would you anticipate this from the Powerbeats Pro?
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Buy the old ones, save money as there is nothing worth upgrading for in the new ones. You get “hey Siri”. Big wow. You can get wireless recharging cases for €30 and a charging pad for the extra cash that Apple is ripping you off for. I like Apple products but they are taking advantage of their faithful. 
  • Reply 24 of 28
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    anome said:

Have to say mine are showing a vast improvement over my AirPods 1. Not sure if the clarity is due to a better design, or just comparison to the degradation over time of the old ones.

I thought the same, the new APs seemed 25% louder -- until I cleaned my original APs. I couldn't see it, but there was a layer of wax over the screens. Couldn't even see it (no discoloration) until I used a cleaning toothbrush to knock it away...then the two pairs sounded identical. 

I sound my original pair on eBay. I expected to get 50 bucks for them, but despite my description describing them as originals and having a degraded battery and needing to replace one pod, people bid them way up. I'm perplexed.

I've tried cleaning all the wax out of them, and it doesn't seem to help. In fact I thought at one point I'd damaged them by using the tip of a mechanical pencil, but I don't think that's it.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Buy the old ones, save money as there is nothing worth upgrading for in the new ones. You get “hey Siri”. Big wow. You can get wireless recharging cases for €30 and a charging pad for the extra cash that Apple is ripping you off for. I like Apple products but they are taking advantage of their faithful. 
    Nobody is ripping you off, that nonsense is in your head. Nobody is taking advantage of customers, that's also tinfoil hat nonsense. APs are a great product, but like expensive wearable running shoes they don't last forever (but longer than running shoes!) and the new version does the same job but slightly better -- better battery, better wireless range, and faster connections.
  • Reply 26 of 28

anome said:
    anome said:

Have to say mine are showing a vast improvement over my AirPods 1. Not sure if the clarity is due to a better design, or just comparison to the degradation over time of the old ones.

I thought the same, the new APs seemed 25% louder -- until I cleaned my original APs. I couldn't see it, but there was a layer of wax over the screens. Couldn't even see it (no discoloration) until I used a cleaning toothbrush to knock it away...then the two pairs sounded identical. 

I sound my original pair on eBay. I expected to get 50 bucks for them, but despite my description describing them as originals and having a degraded battery and needing to replace one pod, people bid them way up. I'm perplexed.

I've tried cleaning all the wax out of them, and it doesn't seem to help. In fact I thought at one point I'd damaged them by using the tip of a mechanical pencil, but I don't think that's it.
    I'd recommend using an old toothbrush -- soft enough not to damage the screen, bristly enough to clear the debris. It was a dramatic difference. If it's hard to see try using a hobbyist magnifying glass to assist. 
  • Reply 27 of 28
    I have a lame question but its important plz answer
    is Bingola pod 2 and airpod 2 is the same things??     
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,872administrator
    Kazi_3914 said:
    I have a lame question but its important plz answer
    is Bingola pod 2 and airpod 2 is the same things??     
    No.