CNN to compete with Apple News+ via own news subscription service

Comments

• Reply 41 of 84
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    MacPro said:
    I guess we can see who all the Fox Faux News aficionados are.
    Hey, if Fox tried the same thing they’d get the same treatment. All of the online news sources are biased either left or right. In my opinion there are no unbiased, objective news sources available today. Every one of them is hell bent on getting people to believe their side of the story. Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow are spinning in their graves.
  • Reply 42 of 84
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,308member
    Japhey said:
    Japhey said:
    razorpit said:
    Can I pay for CNN's fake news with fake money? 
    LOL...
    "Fake News" = Anything that accurately reports what Trump does or says. There's a reason why the one and only FauxNews is his favorite.  If it makes him look good, it's true.  If it makes him look bad it's "Fake" and Faux almost never makes him look anything but good.
    LOL, meanwhile the rest of Us are still waiting for one of CNN’s “blockbusters” to be true. What’s their record now over the last 3 years, 0-20?
    LOL...  If your blind enough to believe anything from Trump's private propaganda outlet, Faux...

To Trump:
    Fake = Anything bad about him -- particularly the truth
    Accurate = Anything good about him -- mostly or entirely lies and propaganda

Funny how intelligent people continue to fall for the con despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

As for CNN:  Trump and his supporters hate it only because they speak the truth about him.   They HATE the truth.  The truth is their enemy.
    Chill out man. Step back and look at the whole board...both sides are propaganda machines, not just the side you disagree with. “Intelligent people continue to fall for the con”? The only funny thing about that statement is that you are describing yourself as much as the people you detest. The fact that you don’t even realize it just makes me sad for you. 
    The "both sides ._______" argument is only used by those defending something that is wrong -- be it a propaganda outlet or a politician.
    Those sticking to the law, truth and reality have no need for such nonsense.
    Is it though? Could it be possible that it might be the argument of someone who is neither supporting nor condemning either side? Someone who recognizes that the whole fucking game is rigged and that the cattle on both sides of the fence are being whipped into a stampeding frenzy? Like i said, step back and look at the whole board...
    Ok, I’ll bite — rigged by who and for what purpose?
  • Reply 43 of 84
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    apple ][ said:
    CNN, garbage fake news, promoting hoaxes, lies and propaganda 24-7. Fanatical lunatics and vile, hateful trash.

I don't watch FOX News either these days. No major news network is reliable or trustworthy in 2019, imo.

Funny how people claiming any of the main stream media promote " hoaxes, lies and propaganda 24-7" only have claims -- but no actual examples.  (And, when they do report something incorrectly, they correct it rather than double down on it).
    On the other hand, Trump has told over 13,000 verified lies while in office -- and FauxNews has backed him on virtually every one.  So which is promoting "hoaxes, lies and propaganda 24-7"?
    Keep chugging that Kool-Aid, pal!
    I would, but it looks you already drained the jug.
  • Reply 44 of 84
    apple ][ said:
    CNN, garbage fake news, promoting hoaxes, lies and propaganda 24-7. Fanatical lunatics and vile, hateful trash.

I don't watch FOX News either these days. No major news network is reliable or trustworthy in 2019, imo.

Funny how people claiming any of the main stream media promote " hoaxes, lies and propaganda 24-7" only have claims -- but no actual examples.  (And, when they do report something incorrectly, they correct it rather than double down on it).
    On the other hand, Trump has told over 13,000 verified lies while in office -- and FauxNews has backed him on virtually every one.  So which is promoting "hoaxes, lies and propaganda 24-7"?
    You got there first. Looks like it was a 55 gallon drum too. 
  • Reply 45 of 84
    apple ][ said:

No, I don't drink that kind of Kool-Aid.  Like my news, I prefer real stuff.   So, Drink Up!  that FauxNews propaganda -- and its KoolAId -- is all yours.
  • Reply 46 of 84
    Japhey said:
    razorpit said:
    LOL...
    "Fake News" = Anything that accurately reports what Trump does or says. There's a reason why the one and only FauxNews is his favorite.  If it makes him look good, it's true.  If it makes him look bad it's "Fake" and Faux almost never makes him look anything but good.
    LOL, meanwhile the rest of Us are still waiting for one of CNN’s “blockbusters” to be true. What’s their record now over the last 3 years, 0-20?
    LOL...  If your blind enough to believe anything from Trump's private propaganda outlet, Faux...

To Trump:

Funny how intelligent people continue to fall for the con despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

As for CNN:  Trump and his supporters hate it only because they speak the truth about him.   They HATE the truth.  The truth is their enemy.
    Chill out man. Step back and look at the whole board...both sides are propaganda machines, not just the side you disagree with. “Intelligent people continue to fall for the con”? The only funny thing about that statement is that you are describing yourself as much as the people you detest. The fact that you don’t even realize it just makes me sad for you. 
    The "both sides ._______" argument is only used by those defending something that is wrong -- be it a propaganda outlet or a politician.
    Truth and reality?  😂😂😂
    You are one privileged  and privy individual...  maybe 1 in  7.7 billion id say...  ;) 

• Reply 47 of 84
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,127member
    MacPro said:
    Yes, I'm very surprised The AI editors didn't close the comments.

"Project Veritas released about exposing cnn. No thanks. They’re fakest news. I’d be happy to send them my fake money. "
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas

So, a biased group (with known false statements) calls another group biased and you're happy with that assessment? The echos in your chamber must be deafening!
  • Reply 48 of 84
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    apple ][ said:

No, I don't drink that kind of Kool-Aid.  Like my news, I prefer real stuff.   So, Drink Up!  that FauxNews propaganda -- and its KoolAId -- is all yours.
    Real? They’ve literally been wrong for the last 3 years. CNN couldn’t be more out of touch with reality. They’ve had to fire reporters because they’ve lied so bad.
    edited October 2019 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 49 of 84
    JWSC said: Generationally, the difference is stark.  The 40 and over crowd still clings to traditional media outlets.  But traditional media is rather limiting when you want to get into depth on any particular subject.
    Disagree with that. Traditional media included TV (less in depth) and newspapers/news magazines (more in depth). Digital has increased the number of options for both types of information while at the same time cutting the amount of $$ that people can make from it. 
    Or are the $$$ going elsewhere? like to independent alternative news channels who thrash fake legacy media channels in views. I bet when you tally up all the patreons and PayPal and SubscribeStar donations, it all works out the same.
  • Reply 50 of 84
    Japhey said:
    razorpit said:
    LOL...

To Trump:

Truth and reality?  😂😂😂
    You are one privileged  and privy individual...  maybe 1 in  7.7 billion id say...  ;) 

And, when the "Both Sides _______" argument fails the weak, those with no argument,  revert to personal attacks.  

• Reply 51 of 84
    razorpit said:
    apple ][ said:

Real? They’ve literally been wrong for the last 3 years. CNN couldn’t be more out of touch with reality. They’ve had to fire reporters because they’ve lied so bad.
    Funny, the attacks on CNN only began when they started reporting on Trump's lies and his unethical and often illegal behavior.  And they are usually led by his propaganda machine and those who follow it.   Could there be a connection?
  • Reply 52 of 84
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,308member
    lkrupp said:
    MacPro said:
    Hey, if Fox tried the same thing they’d get the same treatment. All of the online news sources are biased either left or right. In my opinion there are no unbiased, objective news sources available today. Every one of them is hell bent on getting people to believe their side of the story. Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow are spinning in their graves.
    The old network news divisions were money losers, provided as a public service. Modern “news” outlets must be profitable, which means giving customers what they want. Some customers do want unbiased information and analysis. But many others prefer hearing opinions, stated loudly and confidently, that match their own. And many others don’t have well formed opinions and prefer to be told what to think by a loud, confident authority figure. 

It’s much cheaper to provide opinions than to dig up facts. So the market speaks — you shall receive a large quantity of loud, confident opinions and only a small sprinkling of fact. 

Edit — 

one of the more interesting groups of people out there are those that voted twice for Obama and then for Trump. The only way that makes sense to me is that they are sheep following the most alpha male available.
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 53 of 84
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    MacPro said:
    The old network news divisions were money losers, provided as a public service. Modern “news” outlets must be profitable, which means giving customers what they want. Some customers do want unbiased information and analysis. But many others prefer hearing opinions, stated loudly and confidently, that match their own. And many others don’t have well formed opinions and prefer to be told what to think by a loud, confident authority figure. 

It’s much cheaper to provide opinions than to dig up facts. So the market speaks — you shall receive a large quantity of loud, confident opinions and only a small sprinkling of fact. 

Edit — 

one of the more interesting groups of people out there are those that voted twice for Obama and then for Trump. The only way that makes sense to me is that they are sheep following the most alpha male available.
    Yes, true.   All of that is true.
    But also, and increasingly, we have agenda based "news" services spreading distorted, disinformation to further some agenda that they have.  It started with talk shows and some cable news networks and is now proliferating on social media.   It has reached the point where we not only have foreign actors using it to influence public opinion but otherwise intelligent people defending it with the "But they all do it!" mantra.
    blastdoor
  • Reply 54 of 84
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    MacPro said:

Edit — 

But also, and increasingly, we have agenda based "news" services spreading distorted, disinformation to further some agenda that they have.  It started with talk shows and some cable news networks and is now proliferating on social media.   It has reached the point where we not only have foreign actors using it to influence public opinion but otherwise intelligent people defending it with the "But they all do it!" mantra.
    Ah, the old “Russia! Russia! Russia!” argument... You do realize that now that the Leftists are out of power they’re almost across the board displaying symptoms of mental illness, including widespread paranoia?

Heres a little Hamburger Helper for your mind:  Seek out the Scott Adams podcast, “Coffee with Scott Adams” and listen to 5 or 10 recent episodes. He’s a far-Left liberal but he is also an expert in persuasion. He’ll let you know what’s really going on.
    razorpit
  • Reply 55 of 84
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    razorpit said:
    apple ][ said:

Funny, the attacks on CNN only began when they started reporting on Trump's lies and his unethical and often illegal behavior.  And they are usually led by his propaganda machine and those who follow it.   Could there be a connection?
    More like they toted Obama's line and no one noticed or cared. Now that they are attempting to do everything they can to overturn an election people are taking notice and calling them out. You can pretend they are unfounded attacks. People were fired. CNN knew they had no choice.
  • Reply 56 of 84
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    MacPro said:

Edit — 

Ah, the old “Russia! Russia! Russia!” argument... You do realize that now that the Leftists are out of power they’re almost across the board displaying symptoms of mental illness, including widespread paranoia?

Heres a little Hamburger Helper for your mind:  Seek out the Scott Adams podcast, “Coffee with Scott Adams” and listen to 5 or 10 recent episodes. He’s a far-Left liberal but he is also an expert in persuasion. He’ll let you know what’s really going on.
    It's not "OLD" -- Russia is still actively interfering with our elections.   They did it in 2016 and again in 2018 and are doing it again for 2020.
    Is it that listening to FauxNews that you don't know that -- or that you just don't care that a foreign adversary is attacking our country?
  • Reply 57 of 84
    razorpit said:
    razorpit said:
    apple ][ said:

More like they toted Obama's line and no one noticed or cared. Now that they are attempting to do everything they can to overturn an election people are taking notice and calling them out. You can pretend they are unfounded attacks. People were fired. CNN knew they had no choice.
    "Trying to overturn an election"?   ROFL.... No, that's just another of Trump's baseless lies -- trying to distract from his own crimes by attacking others.
    CNN is simply reporting Trump's lies and crimes -- and it makes his cult all squirmy.  So, they join FauxNews in making up excuses to cover for the criminal.

By the way:   Did FauxNews tell you that his latest defense is that he's above and immune from all laws?
  • Reply 58 of 84
    I’m glad to see no shortage of skepticism around here. This is no longer an issue of left vs right. Everyone is threatened. 

See Lee Camp's interview @ 14:15:‬

‪ Google Whistleblower Reveals Censorship‬

‪PROOF: YOUTUBE CENSORED TULSI GABBARD | Louder with Crowder‬

‪Stossel: Google and Facebook Cross "The Creepy Line"‬

SpamSandwich
  • Reply 59 of 84
    toysandme said:
    I’m glad to see no shortage of skepticism around here. This is no longer an issue of left vs right. Everyone is threatened. 

You get a thumbs up for the John Stossel and Thomas Crowder links.
  • Reply 60 of 84
    toysandme said:

You get a thumbs up for the John Stossel and Thomas Crowder links.
    In light of Facebook now allowing politicians to pay to spread disinformation, AOC asks Zuckerberg how big a lie Facebook would let her tell. 
    "How far can I take this?"    Of course Zuckerberg had no answer.  Lots of words, but no answers.

The dissemination of propaganda and disinformation on social media is becoming a very profitable business for Facebook:   Information is being weaponized while they make money from it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/ocasio-cortez-grills-zuckerberg-on-facebook-allowing-political-ads-with-false-information-71916613529