• Reply 21 of 48
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    mcdave said:
    He’s a quack - but we love him.
    Love is a strong word.
    dysamoria
  • Reply 22 of 48
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    I respected Woz when he was at Apple.  Now.. he's just... just... out there...
    wonkothesanedysamoriarazorpitStrangeDays
  • Reply 23 of 48
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    This guy is desperate for attention. 

Absolutely ridiculous. And sad.  
    razorpit
  • Reply 24 of 48
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    mcdave said:
    He’s a quack - but we love him.
    Speak for yourself. 
    dysamoriarazorpit
  • Reply 26 of 48
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,341member
    I used to think AppleInsider forum members primarily beat on each other.  Today I see Woz torn to shreds in this forum!  It's almost as if nobody here knows that Woz loves to talk.  People who love to talk keep on talking even at times when they ought to remain silent.  (Especially in modern American society where everyone is offended by anything anyone says all the time.)   It's just like the posts bashing Woz in this thread.  You'd think one or two bashes would be enough, but then nearly everybody piles on the man, criticizing him for not knowing when to zip the lip while their own digital lips remain in constant movement bashing him.

Sheesh.
  • Reply 27 of 48
    Anilu_777Anilu_777 Posts: 528member
    “ Update: In a statement to USA Today, Janet indicated that she had a sinus infection, not COVID-19.”

I suggest you retract the article then. 
    jdwdysamoriaSpamSandwichlikethesky
  • Reply 28 of 48
    hebfourhebfour Posts: 1member
    When I was three days into our cruise to southern Baja California, I began to experience the COVID symptoms...but there was a dirth of “news” about it. By the time I arrived back in the USA, there was still nothing as I agonized with the unknown source. Not until late January, did I realize that I was the first and, not wanting the notoriety of #1, I kept silent. However, all of that changed when Steve proposed that he was first. No Steve, not so. 
  • Reply 29 of 48
    I don't think Woz was joking. Most people in the US don't understand how Communist China works: information started as rumors, then a few people were detained for spreading rumors, then the central government realized the situation was dire and execute some drastic measures (quarantine the entire city of 11 million people. in Wuhan). There were some "rumors" in China about SARS-like patients at the beginning of January, so some experts believed COVID-19 started to spread in December, or November. Nobody knows for sure when it all started. Only time will tell.  CDC did not start testing people in the US until Feb.
    edited March 2020
  • Reply 30 of 48
    hammeroftruthhammeroftruth Posts: 1,313member
    jimh2 said:
    It's embarrassing for him whether it is true or not. Just keep your trap shut as #1 as there is no need to brag or even discuss it publicly unless a medical doctor has confirmed your self-diagnosis.
    Well said.  
    Now you know why Jobs did all the talking. 
    GG1dysamoriaSpamSandwichrazorpitStrangeDays
  • Reply 31 of 48
    macseekermacseeker Posts: 545member
    apple ][ said:
    Seems like an attention and publicity seeker. He's made many outrageous and ridiculous statements these past few decades, and I don't think he is a valid source to ask about anything Apple related anymore, and he hasn't been for decades in my opinion.

Patient zero, lol. I was actually watching the movie Outbreak last night and they also mentioned a "patient zero".
    I was watching the movie (the 1970s version) The Andromeda Strain.  How weird.  
  • Reply 32 of 48
    jdw said:
    I used to think AppleInsider forum members primarily beat on each other.  Today I see Woz torn to shreds in this forum!  It's almost as if nobody here knows that Woz loves to talk.  People who love to talk keep on talking even at times when they ought to remain silent.  (Especially in modern American society where everyone is offended by anything anyone says all the time.)   It's just like the posts bashing Woz in this thread.  You'd think one or two bashes would be enough, but then nearly everybody piles on the man, criticizing him for not knowing when to zip the lip while their own digital lips remain in constant movement bashing him.

Sheesh.

Everyone here as a right to express their opinions about Woz, just like you expressed your opinion on the posts here.
    SpamSandwichrazorpitStrangeDays
  • Reply 33 of 48
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,729member
    Sure Woz. Come on, buddy. 

You can’t be famous for 
    everything. 

Cool guy. Seems genuine. Big heart. Genius. There wouldn’t be an Apple without him. 

But dang bro. 

I’m sure he said this halfhearted and loosely. Not intending to lay claim to the actual first case of COVID-19 in the USA. 
    edited March 2020
  • Reply 34 of 48
    frantisekfrantisek Posts: 756member
    People, stop spreading this bull.... It is just hoax 300000 people die a year on normal flu viruses. Sheeple here took shopping malls front attack on Friday and wiped them out without having single reported "case" anywhere around. Please God hold me.....
  • Reply 35 of 48
    sjworldsjworld Posts: 94member
    Dude is a nerd so why are people surprised about the ridiculous things he says.
    dysamoria
  • Reply 36 of 48
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Lovely example of how technically brilliant people can be socially stupid.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 37 of 48
    I guess we need to set up a Pence COVID-19 hot line since he is in charge. That way w
    he could be aware and coordinate testing and treatment. 
  • Reply 38 of 48
    tokyojimutokyojimu Posts: 529member
    steven n. said:
    I personally think my sister contacted it at CES (about 50,000 people from China) this year.
    Your sis and Woz can arm-wrestle for the title of Patient Zero. 
    SpamSandwichrazorpitStrangeDays
  • Reply 39 of 48
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    I bet he was disappointed when he wasn't. 
  • Reply 40 of 48
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    I like Woz - good heart kind person that hard to find on this board - remember he is the one distribute his stock to other friends, Jobs took away from others that deserve the stock in early days.  (although Jobs 2nd act had some character improvement).  Read the title, heart skipped a beat - Get well soon Janet.  Stay healthy everybody for the tech sake ;-).