How to prevent macOS Catalina 10.15.4 from hanging when copying large files

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Or use Carbon Copy Cloner.  I just copied 12 TB without issue.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    danuffdanuff Posts: 33member
    I haven’t experienced any problems like this (2012 MBP) but I’m not using RAID. Hope this gets fixed soon, though.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    AniMillAniMill Posts: 156member
    I’ve had to deal with this bug, but my solution was simple: I ended up using Chronosync to perform those file copies. It does a better job of preparing for the copy, examining the file, then has a process that tracks the copy much more accurately than finder. Finder’s copy/paste is really antiquated. Hell, WINDOWS 10 file explorer copy/paste is much more informative and stable.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    MacPro said:
    CCC didn't solve the issue... not over USB, ethernet, Thunderbolt. Disabling SIP did the job, but I'm without WiFi because of this.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    noraa1138noraa1138 Posts: 31unconfirmed, member
    I can confirm this is STILL an issue on 10.15.5 beta 3. So incredibly frustrating
  • Reply 26 of 26
    noraa1138noraa1138 Posts: 31unconfirmed, member
    dieter said:
    MacPro said:
    CCC didn't solve the issue... not over USB, ethernet, Thunderbolt. Disabling SIP did the job, but I'm without WiFi because of this.
    You can re-enable SIP after making the NVRAM changes, and WiFi will start working again. I just confirmed, an the NVRAM changes stick even after re-enabling SIP.
    dieter