If you're a Tesla owner, employees might be sharing your camera recordings

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,786member
    jimh2 said:
    JP234 said:
    Is anyone surprised that people who can work for a psychopathic a-hole are a-holes themselves? The boss a-hole has already crapped out and flushed anyone who isn't his brand of a-holery, and not just in Tesla. He should wind up just like his hero, Nikola Tesla, a con man/hustler with one good idea and a lifetime of bad decisions leaving him alone, friendless, staggering drunk on his own Kool-Aid.
    Can you provide us a list of your accomplishments? I will say 100% certainty you have done little to nothing that is even noteworthy whereas Musk, whom you describe psychopathic a-hole, will remembered as one of the greatest leaders in history:
    • Tesla: Against all odds he created a successful car company and brought EV's to the masses. No other car company has been able to come close to what he has done and they are established manufacturers with everything to make a car in place. They chose to get passed by a newcomer. I still do not have much hope for Ford or GM and Toyota has mostly sat the quest for EV's out. I am not sure how anyone will catch Teslain the near term as he is years ahead and not letting off of the gas.
    • SpaceX: First privately developed liquid-fueled rocket to put a commercial satellite in orbit. First private company to successfully launch, orbit, and recover a spacecraft. First private company to send a spacecraft to the International Space Station (ISS). Has rockets that return to their takeoff spot. Prior to SpaceX Lockheed Martin and Boeing sat on fat, competition free contracts with NASA delivering the status quo, with no hope of every doing what Musk did.
    • Starlink: Created a company delivering Internet to numerous area and countries that stood zero change of getting high speed service. The market leader prior to Starlink was Hughes Net which pales in comparison to Starlink even though it is early stage.
    • PayPal: Cofounder.
    • Add in battery production, work on solar and probably some stuff I cannot think of.
    Note that this is more than one good idea. That is four game-changing companies he founded, co-founded or leads. As close to Steve Jobs as anyone has been in a long time. No question his behavior is questionable, but he has gotten results. If you have someone to compare him to please let us all know.
    My accomplishments, or yours or JP234 are irrelevant. Making a lot of money off other people’s work is not an excuse for being a psychopathic a-hole. 

Understand that a decade or more ago I believed they hype, I admired Musk. But the more of his antics, lying about having the money to take Tesla private to pump the stock, suggesting that his Mars colonists pay for the trip by being indentured servants (aka slaves), not actually having founded all the companies he claimed to have founded, and other assorted things, the more I started taking a jaundiced view of him. When I actually looked into his history, I realized that he is in fact just an psychopathic a-hole.

And AFAIK there is a special place in hell for people who are a-holes, and claim to be autistic as a way to justify it. No Elon you may claim to be but I will dismiss that until you prove it. That is how one treats habitual liars, Even if it is true though, it’s no excuse. The two are unrelated. And by making the claim he harmed myself and a lot of other people in an attempt to shield his thin skin.

Musk is scum.
    ronnM68000muthuk_vanalingamOferwatto_cobrawilliamlondon
  • Reply 22 of 27
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,861member
    Ofer said: ... They actually have someone who’s paid to follow Musk around and make sure he doesn’t do too much damage ...
    That explains why his bodyguards watch him while he goes to the bathroom. Not so much for his protection, but ...
    Oferwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,898member
    proline said:
    Ofer said:
    jimh2 said:
    JP234 said:
    Is anyone surprised that people who can work for a psychopathic a-hole are a-holes themselves? The boss a-hole has already crapped out and flushed anyone who isn't his brand of a-holery, and not just in Tesla. He should wind up just like his hero, Nikola Tesla, a con man/hustler with one good idea and a lifetime of bad decisions leaving him alone, friendless, staggering drunk on his own Kool-Aid.
    Can you provide us a list of your accomplishments? I will say 100% certainty you have done little to nothing that is even noteworthy whereas Musk, whom you describe psychopathic a-hole, will remembered as one of the greatest leaders in history:
    • Tesla: Against all odds he created a successful car company and brought EV's to the masses. No other car company has been able to come close to what he has done and they are established manufacturers with everything to make a car in place. They chose to get passed by a newcomer. I still do not have much hope for Ford or GM and Toyota has mostly sat the quest for EV's out. I am not sure how anyone will catch Teslain the near term as he is years ahead and not letting off of the gas.
    • SpaceX: First privately developed liquid-fueled rocket to put a commercial satellite in orbit. First private company to successfully launch, orbit, and recover a spacecraft. First private company to send a spacecraft to the International Space Station (ISS). Has rockets that return to their takeoff spot. Prior to SpaceX Lockheed Martin and Boeing sat on fat, competition free contracts with NASA delivering the status quo, with no hope of every doing what Musk did.
    • Starlink: Created a company delivering Internet to numerous area and countries that stood zero change of getting high speed service. The market leader prior to Starlink was Hughes Net which pales in comparison to Starlink even though it is early stage.
    • Add in battery production, work on solar and probably some stuff I cannot think of.
    Note that this is more than one good idea. That is four game-changing companies he founded, co-founded or leads. As close to Steve Jobs as anyone has been in a long time. No question his behavior is questionable, but he has gotten results. If you have someone to compare him to please let us all know.
    PayPal wasn’t profitable until after Musk’s departure.

Musk didn’t create Tesla, he bought his way into it.

SpaceX is successful despite Musk, not because of him. They actually have someone who’s paid to follow Musk around and make sure he doesn’t do too much damage any time he tries to involve himself with SpaceX. The person who runs SpaceX is Gwynne Shotwell. But of course, as with all of his other ventures, Musk loves to take credit for other people’s work while blaming others for his incompetence.
    If Musk didn't create PayPal because it wasn't profitable while he was there, then he certainly created Tesla because it wasn't profitable when he wasn't there. I love how your points contradict each other- that's a sign of motivated reasoning if ever there was one. That said, Elon Musk is legally recognized as a Tesla founder and prior to his involvement the company had zero products and zero revenue. He definitely built it from the ground up.

As for Shotwell's work at SpaceX, if you're saying she's a great leader, then there goes the premise that the people who work for Musk are a-holes.

Elon wasn’t even at first, second or third employee of Tesla, and didn’t even come on board until a year after, imagine if you could say the same thing about Steve Jobs with Apple but you can’t. Steve Jobs did not buy his way in.

The Tesla company was incorporated as Tesla Motors, Inc. on July 1, 2003, by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. Eberhard and Tarpenning served as CEO and CFO, respectively. Eberhard said he wanted to build "a car manufacturer that is also a technology company", with its core technologies as "the battery, the computer software, and the proprietary motor". Ian Wright was Tesla's third employee, Elon came on as an investor (in short, he bought his way in) and is not the actual founder. (he was not there at the time the company was conceived and incorporated by two people named Martin and Mark.) yes, he got credit after a lawsuit but he was not there at conception.

Confinity the company later, known as what PayPal was originally established by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel and Luke Nosek in December 1998 as Confinity which merged with Xcom in March 2000, a company started by Elon Musk, Harris Fricker, Christopher Payne, and Ed Ho, in May 2000 the CEO at the time of XCOM Bill Harris disagreed with Elon on the direction of the company, Harris left the company, and Elon became CEO, in October 2000 Elon was replaced by Peter Thiel as the CEO of Xcom which along with Confinity was renamed PayPal in June 2001 eight months after Elon was booted, and it and went public in 2002. Elon was is not even a part of PayPal. At the time PayPal was renamed.

He was only paid off for his presence the company didn’t even go public until 2002 more than a year and a half after Elon it was given the boot.

Peter Thiel was the main driver in the creation of PayPal. That was not Elon Musk. He was long gone before they went public again imagine if Steve Jobs was in such a position no one would be giving him credit for the creation of Apple.

Source: Wikipedia

edited April 2023 ronnmuthuk_vanalingamOferwatto_cobrachutzpahJanNL
  • Reply 24 of 27
    OferOfer Posts: 245unconfirmed, member
    DAalseth said:
    jimh2 said:
    JP234 said:
    My accomplishments, or yours or JP234 are irrelevant. Making a lot of money off other people’s work is not an excuse for being a psychopathic a-hole. 

Understand that a decade or more ago I believed they hype, I admired Musk. But the more of his antics, lying about having the money to take Tesla private to pump the stock, suggesting that his Mars colonists pay for the trip by being indentured servants (aka slaves), not actually having founded all the companies he claimed to have founded, and other assorted things, the more I started taking a jaundiced view of him. When I actually looked into his history, I realized that he is in fact just an psychopathic a-hole.

And AFAIK there is a special place in hell for people who are a-holes, and claim to be autistic as a way to justify it. No Elon you may claim to be but I will dismiss that until you prove it. That is how one treats habitual liars, Even if it is true though, it’s no excuse. The two are unrelated. And by making the claim he harmed myself and a lot of other people in an attempt to shield his thin skin.

Musk is scum.
    I really don’t care if he’s on the autism spectrum. So am I and I still am able to have empathy and compassion for my fellow humans and not be a sociopathic narcissist. Like you said, it’s a lame excuse from someone who’s already shown himself to be a habitual liar.
    DAalsethwatto_cobrawilliamlondonronnchutzpahJP234
  • Reply 25 of 27
    zroger73zroger73 Posts: 787member
    I'm picking up my first EV and first Tesla this week. This headline certainly caught my attention, but it doesn't bother me - Tesla employees and anyone else would be bored watching me drive. As far as watching what's around the vehicle, that's boring, too. Much more interesting things could be seen on the dozens of other cameras that have existed in my home for years including surveillance cameras, doorbell cameras, vacuums, smart speakers with displays, cell phones, tablets, desktops, and laptops, and probably some other devices that I don't realize have cameras. :)
  • Reply 26 of 27
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    alandail said:
    cpsro said:
    I can do without paying $15K extra for a Fully Self Driving vehicle that isn't and really never will be.
    FSD Beta drove 1500 miles for me last week, I drove 17 miles. Safest cars on the planet.
    City, or HWY? Nothing impressive about that if its highway driving, which it OBVIOUSLY is based on that distance. Most new cars with assisted driving features can easily do that as well, including my KIA Sportage, which needs almost zero intervention on the highway.

Not something that's worth an additional $15K. 
    edited April 2023 Oferronn