Dark red iPhone 15 Pro, mint green iPhone 15 may land this fall

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2023

Apple's featured color for the iPhone 15 Pro is going to be a dark red, a leaker claims, with a new green also on the way for the iPhone 15.

Each year, Apple designates specific special colors that it will use to promote its iPhones. The colors, limited to the models, usually get most of the attention among the color options in that particular generation.

For 2023, those colors are apparently a dark red and a green.

In February, a leak claimed Apple was planning to use a dark red color for the iPhone 15 Pro, specifically using hex code #4410D0D. On Monday, a second leaker on Weibo reiterated the "crimson" shade rumors.

Spotted by 9to5Mac, the Weibo leaker apparently has a track record for accuracy, correctly claiming the iPhone 14 Pro would be offered in a "deep purple" colorway. They also reported on the redesigned camera flash cutout for the model.

For the iPhone 15 Pro, the red shade is said by the leaker to be "very deep," but that it "may be a little lighter" than the iPhone 14 Pro purple.

Along with the iPhone 15 Pro color, the leaker also brought up the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus, which will be using a green close to the one used for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 11. In theory, that would make the green close to mint in shade.

Previous reports on the iPhone 15 pointed to the use of pink and light blue colors, rather than a green.

With Apple's introduction of its class of 2023 in the fall mere months away, the company will have already locked down its colorways for production. However, while there's a chance that these highlighted colors may not necessarily arrive at launch, they may resurface later in Apple's usual spring refresh.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    SpitbathSpitbath Posts: 91member
    I really wish Sierra Blue was a permanent option. 
    JP234king editor the grate602warren
  • Reply 2 of 17
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,304member
    I really wish the periscope lens was available in the Pro, not just the Pro Max.
    ramanpfaff
  • Reply 3 of 17
    longtermlongterm Posts: 85member
    There is no such color as #4410D0D; if you take off the 1st 4 and look up #410D0D, it does come up with a color that looks plausible.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,830member
    I wish they'd bring back Pacific Blue like my iPhone 12 Pro. Sounds silly but it's the reason I've kept it. I'm sick of black, white and gold. 
    SpitbathJaphey602warrenAlex1N
  • Reply 5 of 17
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 876member
    longterm said:
    There is no such color as #4410D0D; if you take off the 1st 4 and look up #410D0D, it does come up with a color that looks plausible.
    Ugh... I'm afraid you're right. So apparently Apple was hellbent on topping Deep Purple as worst Pro color ever (I made the mistake of ordering it, so I know) and it appears from this "Deep Red" color swatch that they've succeeded! It's incredibly muddy looking and barely "red" at all. Why does Apple think a Pro special color has to be boring? We already have some flavor of black, white and gold every year, so if you want a basic conservative color, you're covered. As for the special color, Apple should take a look at the Lamborghini color chart and do something inspired and exciting for a change. Or license the Hermes orange since that business relationship already exists. Something. 

Well, at least there's one positive to the boring colors--anytime I have trouble falling asleep, I just stare at my Deep Purple iPhone... puts me right out every time. 
    williamlondonAlex1N
  • Reply 6 of 17
    charlesn said:
    longterm said:
    Ugh... I'm afraid you're right. So apparently Apple was hellbent on topping Deep Purple as worst Pro color ever (I made the mistake of ordering it, so I know) and it appears from this "Deep Red" color swatch that they've succeeded! It's incredibly muddy looking and barely "red" at all. Why does Apple think a Pro special color has to be boring? We already have some flavor of black, white and gold every year, so if you want a basic conservative color, you're covered. As for the special color, Apple should take a look at the Lamborghini color chart and do something inspired and exciting for a change. Or license the Hermes orange since that business relationship already exists. Something. 

Well, at least there's one positive to the boring colors--anytime I have trouble falling asleep, I just stare at my Deep Purple iPhone... puts me right out every time. 
    Agree Deep Purple is a really boring color! As someone who doesn't use cases on my phone, I find that the only thing that makes Deep Purple interesting is pairing it with one of Apple's cases... Lilac and Elderberry specifically. I've been tempted so many times to buy one just for the aesthetics. I think I'll be going Space Black this time around.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Spitbath said:
    charlesn said:
    longterm said:

Agree Deep Purple is a really boring color! As someone who doesn't use cases on my phone, I find that the only thing that makes Deep Purple interesting is pairing it with one of Apple's cases... Lilac and Elderberry specifically. I've been tempted so many times to buy one just for the aesthetics. I think I'll be going Space Black this time around.
    I specifically use Apple's clear plastic case so it shows off the pacific blue on my iPhone 12 Pro. If you're just gonna put a non clear case on it then you really shouldn't care too much about what color you get. You'll never see it outside the case anyways. 
    Alex1N
  • Reply 8 of 17
    macxpress said:
    Spitbath said:
    charlesn said:
    longterm said:

I specifically use Apple's clear plastic case so it shows off the pacific blue on my iPhone 12 Pro. If you're just gonna put a non clear case on it then you really shouldn't care too much about what color you get. You'll never see it outside the case anyways. 
    The camera bump allows just enough color to peek through to provide an interesting color combination such as Deep Purple + Lilac. The clear plastic cases are ugly AF, sorry. MagSafe made them even uglier. Both huge reasons why I don't use cases. It's like those people who put plastic covers on their furniture. Tacky!!!

The point I was trying to make is that these color combinations almost make Deep Purple not boring. And definitely not as unattractive as a clear case!

edited July 2023 Alex1N
  • Reply 9 of 17
    macxpress said:
    I wish they'd bring back Pacific Blue like my iPhone 12 Pro. Sounds silly but it's the reason I've kept it. I'm sick of black, white and gold. 
    Verily! I wish my Sierra Blue was darker though. It’s barely blue. But then I reckon it wouldn’t be Sierra Blue …
    602warren
  • Reply 10 of 17
    M68000M68000 Posts: 761member
    It would be nice if the yellow from the 14 and 14 plus would carry over for the 15 series.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    macxpress said:
    Doesn’t sound silly at all. Pacific Blue was my favorite iPhone color ever. I wish they would make it permanent. 
    macxpress602warrenAlex1N
  • Reply 12 of 17
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,035member
    People tend to underestimate the significant technical challenges involved in creating deep red for the iPhone.

Alex1N
  • Reply 13 of 17
    GeeAyeGeeAye Posts: 39unconfirmed, member
    This fall? So it is already available in Australia or do we get it 6 months later?
  • Reply 14 of 17
    General Motors has a car color in 1965 called Midnight Blue.   It was amazing.  I wish they'd do that one.   It wasn't as dark as the blue on last year's iPhone Pro.  Still dark, but somehow looked alive.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,345member
    charlesn said:
    longterm said:

Funny after seeing how rich the Purple is for the iPhonePro and indeed the Green the year before I wonder why Apple is so pastel in their aluminium colours for the iPad mini & Air when the iMacs are bold. It would be nice to see some zest in the colour choices. 

They should do 2 feature colours a year. A spring/summer for iPhone release then a fall/winter switch to make these feature colours even more exclusive. 
    Alex1N
  • Reply 16 of 17
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 876member
    mattinoz said:
    charlesn said:
    longterm said:

Funny after seeing how rich the Purple is for the iPhonePro and indeed the Green the year before I wonder why Apple is so pastel in their aluminium colours for the iPad mini & Air when the iMacs are bold. It would be nice to see some zest in the colour choices. 

They should do 2 feature colours a year. A spring/summer for iPhone release then a fall/winter switch to make these feature colours even more exclusive. 
    I never got to see last year's spring release of green for the iPhone Pro in person, but it at least looked interesting in photos. Then again, so did Deep Purple, but unless it's caseless in exactly the right light, it's hard to detect purple at all. And a clear case, including Apple's own, kills the color completely--it just looks like very dark mud. 
    Alex1N
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Japhey said:
    macxpress said:
    Doesn’t sound silly at all. Pacific Blue was my favorite iPhone color ever. I wish they would make it permanent. 
    Yeah but instead they make a green that doesn't really look green, or a purple that doesn't really look purple. And of course black, white and silver are always standard. IDK why they dropped that blue. It's such a pretty color. 
    edited July 2023 602warrenAlex1N