Scroll Wheels and Classic

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has anyone else noticed that scroll wheels are not supported through classic?

(And as a secondary question(so don't move this thread to genius bar ): does anyone know how to make it work? I have a logitech MX500)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Even natively in Mac OS 9, I rarely came across programs that supported the scroll wheel. I think this is just a drawback to OS 9 itself.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

(And as a secondary question(so don't move this thread to genius bar ): does anyone know how to make it work? I have a logitech MX500)

The classic version of USB Overdrive will work. Scrollwheels aren't natively supported under OS 9.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Even natively in Mac OS 9, I rarely came across programs that supported the scroll wheel. I think this is just a drawback to OS 9 itself.

No, but it works when i start in OS 9, it just doesn't work in classic.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

No, but it works when i start in OS 9, it just doesn't work in classic.

This is because you have drivers that work under 9 but aren't classic compatible, whereas USB Overdrive is. I use it for my Logitech under OS X, classic & 9
  • Reply 5 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Endymion

The classic version of USB Overdrive will work. Scrollwheels aren't natively supported under OS 9.

thank you, just tried it, it works brilliantly (well not at first, classic wouldn't start properly).