Curser leaves right edge of screen

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I suspect this may not be Mac related, but I'm stumped and don't know where else to ask...

In an attempt to connect a TV, I switched the connection to my VGA flat screen CRT (Mits DiamondPro 2040u):

from the DVI port using the Apple supplied adaptor

to the ADC port using a Dr. Botts ADC -> VGA adaptor

Then I connected the TV via the DVI port using an Apple DVI to video adapter.

All is working well except this tiny little detail of the mouse/pointer going out of sight/off screen. If I go back to using the DVI to VGA adapter the problem goes away. Top and left sides work perfectly as the entire curser icon is visible as it skirts the edge. On the bottom only a very tiny edge of it is visible. It is the same on the bottom right, but about 1/3 of the way up on the right the pointer arrow disappears completely.

The disables some gaming functionality with curser activated camera panning. A small, thing and I can live with it, but does anyone know of something I might try?

Went thru the OSD (on screed display) options on the monitor and the FAQ @ the Mits sight.

This display has worked perfectly for 3 years or so.

1.8x2, FX52000. 3.5 GB RAM (Apple), Logitech 2 button wheel optical USB (Apple optical mouse does same thing)

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The computer thinks you have two displays connected to it and is spanning the desktop to go onto the next screen (the TV?). Go to System Preferences and Displays to find out more.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    deadeyedeadeye Posts: 26member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

The computer thinks you have two displays connected to it and is spanning the desktop to go onto the next screen (the TV?). Go to System Preferences and Displays to find out more.

Well gosh darn if you didn't hit the nail on the head! I changed the 'Arrangement' in the 'Displays' panel to have the second monitor/TV connect at a corner. Now the mouse only disappears into that corner and should no longer be a problem!

I thank-you very much!