Bought a new PowerBook: My Apple Store Experience

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nwhysee

the trurth is employees are stupid but customers are just retarded.

Now there's something we agree on. But just because I know all of my customers are stupid, doesn't mean I treat them like they are.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    Ofcourse not, we treat them like the 'special' people they are
  • Reply 23 of 26
    So is Apple hiring CompUSA flunkies?
  • Reply 24 of 26
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Don't worry too much because at the prices the sales people get, some shitheads will make it through. The key will be if that kid is still working in 6 months. If so, then you should worry about the store.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    How do you become an Apple Store employee in the first place? Do they have to pass some tests? Then the tests must be extremely easy.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kishan

At the two stores here in the Minneapolis area, I have had nothing but positive experiences. I recently bought my 4G iPod there, but had also gone in just to ask questions about my old 3G. I was always treated, even by the youngest members of the staff, with courtesy and respect no matter how stupid the question. I can only imagine how I would have been treated by the employee described at the SOHO store if I had come to him with the iPod issue I once had where it only needed a reset. In Minneapolis, in a non-condescending way, they told me what they were going to do, why it was the right thing to do and why it ultimately worked. Typical for what I have come to expect from my fellow midwesterners.

Umm, his crappy experience was at the Portland, Oregon store.