Somethings happening

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Apple's been getting nothing but good press in the last few weeks.

This whole thing about people buying iBooks because of their iPods is pretty helpful:

See here.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    If Apple were to get into bed with HP on more things I think it would be in the server area more than the consumer area - leveraging HPs sales force for business clients.

Don't think that will happen, but HP may pick up other little bits, like Airport Express, after they have had an initial burst of sales after release. Say in about a year for the AE.

I could also see Apple coming up with other neat ideas that will have a huge initial sales through Apple only outlets, then be co-marketed with other major brands. Maybe HP, maybe someone like GE, but not Dull.

The fact is that Apple has a huge advantage when it comes to innovation and they have an open field when it comes to sales and distribution. Things are going to get interesting over the next few years.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    They could team up with Dell again. They did to sell iPods in the pre-Dell DJ era. To sell what? I don't know.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Buy on the rumor sell on the facts.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    snipesnipe Posts: 97member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 3.1416

Exactly. I usually believe the efficient market theory, but stuff like this makes me wonder. I sold my AAPL today and plan to buy it back in a few weeks at around 31 or 32.

Good luck 3.1416. Apple shares close the week at $34.35. The four year high

was $34.19 which was considered former resistance. By closing above this

it now becomes major support according to technical theorists. But you are right about letdowns after big Mac events.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    chagichagi Posts: 284member
    Quote:

Originally posted by snipe

Good luck 3.1416. Apple shares close the week at $34.35. The four year high

was $34.19 which was considered former resistance. By closing above this

it now becomes major support according to technical theorists. But you are right about letdowns after big Mac events.

I think it's quite realistic to expect a bit of a price-drop on Apple stock during the timeframe of mid-Sept to the beginning of October, if only because the entire Nasdaq tends to do that every year. I recently picked up some shares in another tech company, and I'm expecting them to spike up a bit higher around Sept 8 or 9th, at which point I'll sell 'em, and reinvest around the end of September.

My other comment regarding the stock market is that there is a great deal to it which frequently seems outright silly. For example, the usual "buy/hold/sell" ratings by analysts are frequently out of whack with reality.