Apple media event to kick-off tomorrow at noon

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    M1C: coffee first, post second.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    i think we should *all* avoid coffee and any other such stimulants for the next 24 hours... 8)
  • Reply 43 of 54
    Too late.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by M1C

laptop with isight in latch

I want a laptop with the latch inside the iSight. Or an iSight with the laptop inside the latch...I can't remember which I want most.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    fieldorfieldor Posts: 213member
    thx for the replies.

Less then 2 hours before the event starts.
  • Reply 46 of 54
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    I just hope they fill the gap between the high end Mac mini(re:$699) and the low end iMac(re: $1299), with something that I want to buy. If not I guess I'll be buying either a new iMac or a used tower. Like the OS, but feel left out on the hardware. I'm tired of perpetually feeling like I have to settle on hardware that is close to what I want.

Oh well, the OS experience makes it worthwhile
  • Reply 47 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by rickag

I just hope they fill the gap between the high end Mac mini(re:$699) and the low end iMac(re: $1299), with something that I want to buy. If not I guess I'll be buying either a new iMac or a used tower. Like the OS, but feel left out on the hardware. I'm tired of perpetually feeling like I have to settle on hardware that is close to what I want.

I don't think they will...it would cannibalize Mac Mini or iMac sales.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

I don't think they will...it would cannibalize Mac Mini or iMac sales.

Unfortunately, I completely agree with you, but not because Apple fears "it would cannibalize Mac Mini or iMac sales." Apple, aka Steve Jobs, believes in the AIO as an appliance and won't budge. The Mac mini is not an AIO for only one reason, no one would buy it with a 4" LCD screen, re: Apple needed a low end model and AIOs can't meet the price points necessary. Hope springs eternal though. After all, the Mac mini does actually exist and there is an Apple multi-button mouse now.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    Apple Stores Offline.

Looks like there will be some major upgrades. The Apple Store is already offline.

Cant wait anymore
  • Reply 50 of 54
    Well Engaget says no duel /duel PowerMac. The 2.7 single duel stays at the top of the line ! I hope not !. But it would figure!

URL=http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000340064022/
  • Reply 51 of 54
    dbl pst
  • Reply 52 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by bobo28

Well Engaget says no duel /duel PowerMac. The 2.7 single duel stays at the top of the line ! I hope not !. But it would figure!

URL=http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000340064022/

If Engadget knew more than ThinkSecret, AI and MacRumors...I'd check it more often. The reality? They don't know shit, just like TS, AI and MR.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    I hope you're right, I was planning/hoping to buy a new duel/duel as close to 3ghz as I could, to take me through the next few years. New pro software might just be icing on the cake ! I guess we'll see very soon .
  • Reply 54 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

If Engadget knew more than ThinkSecret, AI and MacRumors...I'd check it more often. The reality? They don't know shit, just like TS, AI and MR.

That said I got exactly the same info from someone who attended the sales meeting.