MacBook Predictions...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Well, I was thinking about what Apple would put in them new MacBooks. Here's my predictions:

13" MacBook Core Solo

1.5 GHz Intel Core Solo

512 MB of RAM

60 GB HD

Combo drive

13" widescreen display

1 inch thick and 3.9 lbs

$799

13" MacBook Core Duo

1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo

512 MB RAM

80 GB HD

SuperDrive

Same weight, thickness, and display as Core Solo model

$999

15" MacBook Core Duo

1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo

512 MB RAM

80 GB HD

SuperDrive

15" widescreen display (same as 15" MacBook Pro)

1 inch thick and 5 lbs

$1199

All models would feature 2 USB 2.0 ports and 1 FireWire 400 port, Intel GMA950 graphics, AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth, Sudden Motion Sensor, and Front Row with Apple Remote.

Available in white or black to match your iPod. A 13" SuperDrive Madonna Special Edition in pink with Madonna's signature bundled with a matching pink 1 GB iPod nano would also be available to coincide with Madonna's Confessions Tour (which Apple is co-sponsoring).

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets for May 9th!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    I predict...

IBL!

I mean seriously, this has been beat to death in other threads, why start a new one...?!?

;^p
  • Reply 2 of 16
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    I predict a mac mini smashed flat with a hinged screen and a bunch of magnets.

and yes, i'll buy one!
  • Reply 3 of 16
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    I won't.

Go Benjamin, kill it.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    There wont be a 15 inch Mac Book its going to be one display size a 13.3 inch widscreen display. Apple already has a 15inch display in the MBP.

LOW END 13.3"

1.5 ghz Core Solo

60gb HDD

256mb RAM

GMA 950

Combo Drive

Airport & Bluetooth Built In

3 USB 2.0 Ports no more Firewire

Frontrow and Apple Remote

$999

HIGH END 13.3"

1.6ghz Core Duo

80gb HDD

512mb RAM

GMA 950

SuperDrive

iSight w/Photobooth

Airport, yadayada etc..

$1,299
  • Reply 5 of 16
    There not going to use a core solo. That tech is outdated.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacSuperiority

not really, its still new and has its uses. The main reason I can think of Apple using it in an entry level laptop is for the extended battery life. The more I think about it, the more I think the entry version will be solo and the high end duo. We'll see...
  • Reply 7 of 16
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacSuperiority

Dude, they just release Core Solo this year -- how can it be outdated? A single core chip is cheaper and cooler than a dual core one, and it'll still out perform the current iBook. Heck, it'll out perform a Core Duo on non-threaded software at the same power/heat levels (i.e. a Solo can run at the higher clock rate under the same power budget as a Duo can).
  • Reply 8 of 16
    For the love of god people, everyone in this forum is posting how it must be a core duo. There is nothing wrong with a core solo especially in the low end MacBook. The people that are going to be buying a low end MacBook except for cheapskates arent going to need a freaking core duo and to keep a 999 price point they'd have to put a solo chip in the darned thing.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    tokentoken Posts: 142member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sethrubenstein

The people that are going to be buying a low end MacBook except for cheapskates arent going to need a freaking core duo

Why not? 'Need' is such a big word, its more like 'what is perceived as needful'. I could think of one major use for 2 cores: running Windows simultanious with OSX.

Another consumer 'need' would be to compensate for running iTunes and iMovie applications without the benefits of Altivec.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by iNtel iNside

A 13" SuperDrive Madonna Special Edition in pink with Madonna's signature bundled with a matching pink 1 GB iPod nano would also be available to coincide with Madonna's Confessions Tour (which Apple is co-sponsoring).

I agree with you with the specs, but sponsoring Madonna? Doubtful. If they were to sponsor/make special edition iPod/Macbook, it would be for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They've been promoting the hell out of them for ages and, more importantly, the Red hot Chili Peppers will release their new album on the same day the Macbook is suppose to be released. Not that I think that will happen, but this just makes more sense...
  • Reply 11 of 16
    technarchtechnarch Posts: 36member
    The new MacBooks will have a new style casing where you can snap in a panel behind the LCD to change the colour, or have a pattern or what-not. Whatever your hipster mood fancies.

The panels will be $25 each.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Well since the core duos are getting a price cut to make way for the merom/conroe/woodcrest generation I think that they will stick the ICD's in the macbooks, merom in the MBP's and conroes in the iMac.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    technarchtechnarch Posts: 36member
    Each MacBook sold, will contain among it's materials, a glossy 8x10 photo of Steve Jobs, suitable for framing and hanging next to the picture of Frank Sinatra and the Pope on the wall.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Technarch

Each MacBook sold, will contain among it's materials, a glossy 8x10 photo of Steve Jobs, suitable for framing and hanging next to the picture of Frank Sinatra and the Pope on the wall.

Are you just bored, or trying to be funny?
  • Reply 15 of 16
    well, the current ibook has the same processor speeds as the old mac mini :

low end 1.33ghz

high enf 1.42ghz

so its probably going to have the same processor as the new mac mini,

and frontrow, big woop, i have frontrow on my ibook with a remote
  • Reply 16 of 16
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:

Originally posted by StephenC_IRL

and frontrow, big woop, i have frontrow on my ibook with a remote

Frontrow? OMMFGBBQSCUBA!!!!!1111oneone!!11!!!