the iPhone is here (very serious mock-up)

Comments

• Reply 41 of 70
    What if the whole thing was just mirror black (with coating) and only when you started touching it did the keys and the screen light up?

Even better--> The keys and the clickwheel both exist congruous with each other but 5 of the keys correspond to the clickwheel's five buttons with the clickwheel overlaid over all the keys. Real keys and clickwheel but invisible until you start touching things. The keys would be flush. allowing for clickwheel, but would have a rough surface or something so you can still tell where they are by touch.

Hm.

Like:

1 2 3

4 5 6

7 8 9

Clickwheel's buttons are 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 and since the keys are flush the clickwheel overlays the entire thing.
  • Reply 42 of 70
    New iPhone out from AMobileMe:

• Reply 43 of 70
    Actually here's the relevant image (Bastards stole the basics of my idea):

Image is from aMobileMe
  • Reply 44 of 70
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    That phone is finally making some sense. There's my idea for two displays: one for controls, the other for viewing stuff. The 1 key can access mail, * if for text, and # is for music. Hope there's a camera function.
  • Reply 45 of 70
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Fugly! although i think the virtual interface is the only reasonable way to overcome the two different input systems (iPod and phone).

How do I think it's be done? Well I'm glad you asked.

LIGHTS PLEASE!

Okay, so here's my idea. It incorporates mostly technologies and software Apple already incorporates, and probably a few liberties. Here's how it goes...

1) As you can see, the entire front surface is the screen. This iPod is turned on with the slider switch on top (not pictured.

2) Here we see it booting up

3) Do I choose music or the super secret second function? To keep the mystery, I'll just go with Music for now... but how do I pick? Well, the entire surface is touch sensative using technology taken from the mighty mouse's click zones. Don't ask how, just trust me...

4) Here's the main menu. As you can se it is clearly based on the front row interface. It is navigated with a virtual clickwheel that has spawned at the bottom. So, which section shall I enter? Music?

5) Movies?

6) Settings?

7) Extras?

8 ) Photos?

9) I think I'll just stick with music!

10) So here you can see more of the Frontrow inspired interface nav. I'll go ahead and choose the artist section. (We'll skip see the artist, album and song nav for now... you kids can't see everything just yet.)

• Reply 46 of 70
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    continuing on...

11) So here we're listening to some classical music... this stuff really helps you wind down after a tough day at work. Sit back, relax, and sip some Earl Grey.

12) I'm really liking this tune. Particually the string section. Well composed, Mr Zombie. Well composed. 4 stars for you!

13) Shit, what's this that's popped up of my screen!? Wait no I was just getting to Rob's Cello solo! IGNORE! IGNORE!

14) There we go, back to the good stuff.

15) What was that little thing that popped up in the middle of this orchestral masterpiece, you ask? Well...

Don't be greedy!
  • Reply 47 of 70
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Fan-freaking-tastic!
  • Reply 48 of 70
    Exactly what I have been dreaming about... The Front Row interface would rock, and be better IMO than the current mobile OS'.
  • Reply 49 of 70
    well done rageous, very well done.
  • Reply 50 of 70
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Love the concept, Rageous. Sure hope that's what Apple has in mind.
  • Reply 51 of 70
    Where Jeff Goldblum Intones all the specs for the Nu G4 Powerbook

and at the end he says:

"And Jeez Your Just So Gonna Want One!"

Brillant Concept...we can only hope

T minus 14 days........
  • Reply 52 of 70
    Sorry but the initial "very serious mockup" is no way anything *like* what Apple would even consider. As has been said, the keypad is atrocious, the red and green buttons just don't fit in with the Apple ergonomics and functional placement of buttons - why don't we all stop second guessing, and just wait til it is released?!.

Makes a little bit more sense, but hey feel free!!
  • Reply 53 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcdstudios View Post

well done rageous, very well done.

True but at least one of the versions will have an iSight somewhere.
  • Reply 54 of 70
    Rageous - your mock up here is the best i've seen so far! Pictures have been floating around for months about what this new phone will look like - and honestly you could take them all, put them together, and the Nokia N95 would still blow it out of the water. Your representation comes close - but in front row you'd have to add internet access (wifi), bluetooth, ical, ichat, and a few other pda necessetities before the apple phone would become a jaw dropping phone. I'm hoping though - Steve, please don't let me down!!!
  • Reply 55 of 70
    Congrats on the hard work. I think the slide-out keypad is a very interesting idea. The full-touchscreen is also very interesting. Well done everyone, I think we are nailing down the possible final iPhone. It *will* be announced at Macworld SF January in just over 1 week's time. IMHO. By the same token I am not having any expectations because Apple will select features, form factor based on a very specific (but of course large) initial target market. They *have* to get it right first-time.
  • Reply 56 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Linksys Wins and personally I'm not to crazy about it.

Sebastian

Since it's not an Apple product I'll say it's rubbish and what a waste of the "iPhone" name. Frack Cisco/ Linksys.
  • Reply 57 of 70
    rageous,

You win the AI award for the best concept of a concept.

Hooray!
  • Reply 58 of 70
    josa92josa92 Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

rageous,

You win the AI award for the best concept of a concept.

Hooray!

it was wonderful, rageous.

OUTrageous, some might say.

<hears boos and hisses at his awful pun>
  • Reply 59 of 70
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    zomfg !

rageous, outrageous !

Brilliant - prolly too brilliant.

You've nailed it - <awe, shock, horror>

What could APPL offer better than that - killer implementation of existing tech that would differentiate APPL from the rest of the market.

I bow to your vision.

Hail, hail ....
  • Reply 60 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jindrich View Post

Well clearly you didn't spend very long on the marketing ?Ooooooops! The iPod slid down!?. Very un-Apple.