So where the hell is the MACTOUCH?? When then?

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Ya know Olternaut, Ireland has very strong enthusiasm (and some interesting ideas) but you slay him in terms of exciteable reactions.

It's like you're his twin, separated at birth and fed a steady diet of mescaline and skittles.

...taste the rainbow!

Sorry.

Its just that I'm really enthusiastic, as you say, about this mystery device and in what else Apple does with its multitouch patent. I am a bit disappointed though in its unimaginative use in the macbook air.....just an updated touchpad with some multitouch features? I was hoping they would make the entire surface of the macbook air (not the screen) a multitouch surface. And with just some gesture/command a keyboard could appear for typing. Physical keyboard typing feedback needs could be served by Apple's latest patent for multitouch surfaces with the ability to actually change shape to provide that needed feeling.

Imagine, physical buttons that can change shape or actually disapear and be reconfigured on the fly!! Now that would be awesome!
  • Reply 82 of 86
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Here's a rumor for you Olternaut, one that I'm starting right now: Apple will hold a press event in a month, announce the SDK, show some of the new apps, and introduce the new UMPC. You heard it here first (because I just made it up).
  • Reply 83 of 86
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Here's a rumor for you Olternaut, one that I'm starting right now: Apple will hold a press event in a month, announce the SDK, show some of the new apps, and introduce the new UMPC. You heard it here first (because I just made it up).

Indeed you did make it up. Too early though.
  • Reply 84 of 86
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    I still say the Newton 2 will be 8", may or may not run the full OS X ( I hope for the may side) and will be followed by 13.3", 15.4" &17" models, which will all definitely run the full OS X.

And I want my iPhone nano! (just like the iPhone, only smaller, and no Internet)

When Steve, When?!? Whens gonna be my time…?!?
  • Reply 85 of 86
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post

I still say the Newton 2 will be 8", may or may not run the full OS X ( I hope for the may side) and will be followed by 13.3", 15.4" &17" models, which will all definitely run the full OS X.

And I want my iPhone nano! (just like the iPhone, only smaller, and no Internet)

When Steve, When?!? Whens gonna be my time??!?

Well those size ranges suggest that Steve's bought into the traditional concept of a tablet pc. And he rarely follows what the others are doing and always tries to change the playing field.

But that iphone nano would be cool though.
  • Reply 86 of 86
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

"Steve Jobs: There are no plans to make a tablet. It turns out people want keyboards...."

True, but getting less true all the time. My iPhone is doing a pretty good job of proving this to me. Sure, it needs a keyboard for SMS and short e-mails, but much of its functionality is available to me without much need for one - especially since 1.1.3. I'm sure the SDK will continue this trend. Think of what you can do on a portable device like the iPhone already: check stocks, the weather, any webpage, calculate journeys, take a picture, look at a picture, make a call, listen to content and so on, all with minimal use of a keyboard.

My generation needed a keyboard (and a floppy and a zip drive and a printer and and and); the current generation is growing up needing some access to a keyboard - often a hybrid (e.g. software or number pad) keyboard; the generation after that will have no need of a keyboard and will think them quaint.