Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg back in talks over Ping

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

I think most people use their presence on facebook as "a performance".

Three reasons most everyone has a FaceBook profile, in priority order:

1. Play the addicting games, mostly for free.

2. Chat with loved ones, free on the net to get past the work firewall blocking most all chat programs..

3. Connect with some family, friends and maybe connect to an old girlfriend or boyfriend.

However most of the things used is 'Games"!
  • Reply 42 of 45
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by satchmo View Post

Pointless.

I'm generalizing here, but kids in their 20's have little or no respect for 'old farts' like Jobs.

They have a sense of entitlement and believe they know everything and never wrong.

Apple will not make a video iPod. Nobody wants to watch video on an iPod.

Apple should not allow third parties to create native iPhone applications. Nobody cares about third party iPhone applications. Web apps are really SWEET.

Apple will not add GPS to the iPhone. Nobody cares about GPS.

Apple will not add copy and paste to the iPhone. Nobody cares about copy and paste.

Apple will not add multitasking to the iPhone. Nobody cares about multitasking.

Apple will never switch to Intel processors.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by satchmo View Post

Pointless.

I'm generalizing here, but kids in their 20's have little or no respect for 'old farts' like Jobs.

They have a sense of entitlement and believe they know everything and never wrong.

I wouldn't be too concerned. AOL, MySpace, Friendster... Facebook. They pop up fast, they disappear faster.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar View Post

Apple will not make a video iPod. Nobody wants to watch video on an iPod.

Apple should not allow third parties to create native iPhone applications. Nobody cares about third party iPhone applications. Web apps are really SWEET.

Apple will not add GPS to the iPhone. Nobody cares about GPS.

Apple will not add copy and paste to the iPhone. Nobody cares about copy and paste.

Apple will not add multitasking to the iPhone. Nobody cares about multitasking.

Apple will never switch to Intel processors.

Where's the punchline?... "Apple will never make a psychic computer... the human brain is too complex."
  • Reply 45 of 45
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

Ping is horrid! Run Zuckerberg!

Smuckerberg will be running soon enough, but it probably won't be due to Ping.