Apple's 2012 iPhone was last project where Steve Jobs was "intimately involved"

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

I have always wonder how many "work hours" Steve used to put in each week to do all of this? With his CEO responsibilities, along with being so intimately involved with new product(s), and finding time for his family where did he find all of this time...

Steve Jobs' reality distortion field was really a separate space-time continuum that allowed him to have more actual time than the rest of us glued to the universe.
  • Reply 42 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rebe1 View Post

Try Mango, its pretty damn nice. Its a lot smoother than Android, and the home screen has updating "icons" that you create for different things (apps, contacts, widget, photostream, etc), while you just swipe right for your typical apps listings.

As an iPhone user since 2G (my 4S is on its way to replace my 4 -- upgrading b/c of the Camera), and not being a fan of the Android OS, or its new "bigger is better" form factor (although those AMOLED screens are pretty nice), it was quite refreshing to see the home screen of the Windows Mango phone update with information streaming from several sources, be it Weather, Stocks, Facebook, Emails, Twitter, Photos, etc., etc. Plus the smoothness of the everything matches iOS, and they have tiny animations that works without intrustion between different actions/events.

That being said, I may look for a cheap Windows phone unlocked as my travel phone, but most likely not because I usually take a lot of pictures on my travels (i.e. iPhone 4S).

Anyways, check it out, it is refreshing to see something new working decently like that.

I think iOS is going to stay an app launcher type homescreen...maybe a gesture for a widget screen or something but beyond that I can't see iOS going for a complex homescreen...I mean shit, people were happy when they could finally set wallpapers. lol.

One of the reasons I'm drawn to Android over iOS and recently WP7 is because I found both those UIs (despite their beauty) boring as hell.
  • Reply 43 of 60
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    Steve Jobs was working on the iPad for more than 5 years before it was released. I am pretty sure that Steve has been involved with products to be released 3 or 4 years from now.
  • Reply 44 of 60
    Remember where such rumors led you before and during the release of the iPhone4S??

Don't you learn from your previous mistakes???

why do you INSIST on posting tabloid news that YOU KNOW for a fact that they're ONLY Tabloids and random guessings!!!

last year's rumors went too far into making people create dummy iPhone5s!!!

Come ON Already!!!

enough with this!!!

it's becoming really really really sick...
  • Reply 45 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fletchy View Post

why do you INSIST on posting tabloid news that YOU KNOW for a fact that they're ONLY Tabloids and random guessings!!!

Hello! It's a rumor site. If you can't grasp that, maybe don't read it.
  • Reply 46 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheMacadvocate View Post

Man, those Harold and Kumar guys are crazy! Just goes to show you that predicting iPhone futures isn't just for jackass analysts!

LOL..good one! Those "analysts" have been hitting the bong again...
  • Reply 47 of 60
    It will be called iPhone "Steve Jobs calls St. Peter" Glad I am holding out.
  • Reply 48 of 60
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rjbruce View Post

I think it's time to stop the enumeration of the iPhone models and move to a "pro" type delineation, similar to the Mac line. Possibly iPhone, iPhone S, and iPhone Pro?

But how? The iPhone is the pro. That's just the way it is. You may not use it as a pro, of course. You could have an 'iPhone L' with a large screen - everybody seems to be pining for one - but a larger screen would not make it a 'pro'. So, again, how?
  • Reply 49 of 60
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Steve Jobs' reality distortion field was really a separate space-time continuum that allowed him to have more actual time than the rest of us glued to the universe.

Steve's working day was a virtual Tardis in the 4th dimension. Amazing but true.
  • Reply 50 of 60
    Probably both the iPhone 5 and the iPad 3 both had a strong bit of him imput in them. If nothing else every incarnation of them that sticks to Steve's ideals of greatness, simplicity, style and "it just works" will carry his spirit.

That being said I think the iPhone 5 should use the Steve tribute Apple logo ( rhe one where his profile replaces the bit mark.) in place of the current one. It would be a nice subtle tribute keep with the beauty of design that Steve cherished so much.
  • Reply 51 of 60
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    We just need a single thread where we can each once and for all submit our guess for what the next iPhone will be called. Then, in 10 to 18 months when we find out the truth, we can go back and see who got it right. Wouldn't that be better than this pointless "no you're wrong it's going to be called iPhone Pentium!" debates attached to every single article?
  • Reply 52 of 60
    Never trust a kumar!
  • Reply 53 of 60
    This will clearly be the name of the next iPhone (not "iPhone5" or "iPhone6"), so give me the credit for saying it first (10/17/2011).

Just like the iPhone2 when it got 3g service was called "iPhone 3G", the next iphone will be called "iPhone LTE".

That way they can call the next iPhone after "iPhone LTE", the "iPhone7". Companies love labeling their stuff with a 7.
  • Reply 54 of 60
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Please... iOS has kept to its roots and kept everything simple efficient. This is one reason why it just keeps selling despite the claims of iHaters and trolls.

Android and WP7 tries to attract those that feel the need to constantly change for the sake of changing.Thank goodness Apple pays zero attention to the ramblings of folks that need changes after their 5-minute attention-span has run out.

Can you explain further with your blanketed statement? I mean, I could say iOS users like waiting on stuff that has been out years before because Steve Jobs said it wasn't time yet-while sipping on their $10 macchiato in Starbucks to 'feel important'.
  • Reply 55 of 60
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rtapps View Post

That being said I think the iPhone 5 should use the Steve tribute Apple logo ( rhe one where his profile replaces the bit mark.) in place of the current one. It would be a nice subtle tribute keep with the beauty of design that Steve cherished so much.

• Reply 56 of 60
    I so hope the media's not Michael Chrichton-ing Steve ....

Michael passed away last year & it's all his book publisher can do to squeeze every last drop out of his name after he's gone by having his last 2 books be something not intended for use & the other an unfinished manuscript

filled out by someone else "... in Michael Chrichton's style", we're told -- the same thing

that happens with Gary Jennings, by the way.
  • Reply 57 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacInsider2 View Post

And don't forget, iOS itself will always have his design influence as the guidelines were created with his input.

Of course the challenge is that iOS is really looking quite dated, especially against Windows Phone 7.

How do you navigate using Windows Phone 7, if you have hundreds of apps?
  • Reply 58 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I suggest iPhone 5

Brilliant!

Seriously... Everyone will know that the iPhone 5 is the Steve Jobs Memorial iPhone.

You don't need to state the obvious -- So Apple... So Steve!
  • Reply 59 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rtapps View Post

I think the iPhone 5 should use the Steve tribute Apple logo ( rhe one where his profile replaces the bit mark.) in place of the current one. It would be a nice subtle tribute keep with the beauty of design that Steve cherished so much.

I doubt Apple would do that (or that Steve Jobs' family would even allow it), but if they did, they would probably offer it as an option like engraving or PRODUCT(Red) rather than force it on everyone.
  • Reply 60 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Well yes, I don't "really" know either. Or I could have a time machine. You just don't know.

Could? I thought you had one Prof. Peabody!