iPhone 2 is coming in three colors! Black, Red and Silver! (with fake/real PICS)

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 79
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    this was on another post but didn't include the open box any feature list?

so i guess it's got video conferencing???
  • Reply 2 of 79
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

this was on another post but didn't include the open box any feature list?

so i guess it's got video conferencing???

Yeah that was me, but I said I'd give them a thread of their own (as I think they are real). Those beauties deserve it! And yes it did include the silver one on page two, if you bothered to look
  • Reply 3 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

So i guess it's got video conferencing???

Yes.

Please don't point at the time on the clock and say that means they are fake. That might mean jack shit, and they can change the time before adding something like this to their website.
  • Reply 4 of 79
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    That stuff looks astoundingly real, although I still have my doubts. Interestingly the letter in one of the pics has the same text as the box in the story posted by AI about the NDA, etc.
  • Reply 5 of 79
    You can make out the desktop pic above the app window and behind the menu bar.. at least part of it, at least enough..

unless these were intentionally leaked someone is going to get vicious retribution from Sir Steve.

assuming they are real, looks like the same style of covert photography we got of the Nanos last year..

so if I was responsible for these, I'd just start packing now, and hope I got out of Apple alive, before Steve sends in the flying monkeys!!!

• Reply 6 of 79
    zeasarzeasar Posts: 91member
    I guess the CDs in the iphone box is iChat 4.0 for windows...

btw, +10 internets to you on the ichat for windows call from last october.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=79678
  • Reply 7 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeasar View Post

That's a pretty hasty conclusion. Many iPods have shipped with CDs for iTunes, iPod Utility (which has since been integrated into iTunes), or drivers.
  • Reply 8 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

That's a pretty hasty conclusion. Many iPods have shipped with CDs for iTunes, iPod Utility (which has since been integrated into iTunes), or drivers.

Im not sure with iphone as I have never owned one (will get my hands on the iphone2 though), but the new ipods dont come with installation disk nowadays, they just asks you to go to apple's site and download the latest itunes.
  • Reply 9 of 79
    Quote:

Im not sure with iphone as I have never owned one (will get my hands on the iphone2 though), but the new ipods dont come with installation disk nowadays, they just asks you to go to apple's site and download the latest itunes.

That's why I said "have shipped with." I don't think the iPhone ships with CDs either. Whatever packaging is photographed there isn't the real consumer packaging (if of course the iPhone's even real).
  • Reply 10 of 79
    Quote:

Thank you! At least someone loves me

Oh and your guess about that CD being iChat for Windows? Damn good thinking!

I think he's onto something Ice*.

*Ice = icfireball
  • Reply 11 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

That's why I said "have shipped with." I don't think the iPhone ships with CDs either. Whatever packaging is photographed there isn't the real consumer packaging (if of course the iPhone's even real).

True, that is most likely the package apple sent to retailers as a demo unit.

Come to think of it, apple would need to include an installation CD for ichat (or some other program) since ichat do not install via itunes and if they include ichat in the apple updater on the windows like they did with safari, lots of people are gona go berserk.
  • Reply 12 of 79
    Quote:

True, that is most likely the package apple sent to retailers as a demo unit.

Come to think of it, apple would need to include an installation CD for ichat (or some other program) since ichat do not install via itunes and if they include ichat in the apple updater on the windows like they did with safari, lots of people are gona go berserk.

They like pissing people off though.
  • Reply 13 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Thank you! At least someone loves me

You're welcome, anything for a fello Irish men.
  • Reply 14 of 79
    Quote:

You're welcome, anything for a fello Irish men.

Ah I had no idea you were Irish. Woot!
  • Reply 15 of 79

Quote:

iChat. Now showing everywhere.

Video just became a little more fun. Start a real time video

chat with other AT&T subscribers via 3G networking,1 or

with iChat buddies over wifi. The video calling revolution

has begun.

Now available for iPhone - and Windows.2

(1) Compatible handset required, not available in all areas.

(2) Windows Xp SP2 (or higher) or Windows Vista* required.

P.S. Someone is getting fired over this, almost guaranteed.
  • Reply 16 of 79
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    One little problem (well, once you get past the completely amateurish layout of that product sheet--really? are you kidding me?):

"Windows Xp"

There isn't a single instance of XP being called anything but "Windows XP" anywhere on Apple's or ATT's websites, because that's how MS does it, and you just don't go randomly changing the capitalization of a company's product.

I know it seems like a trivial detail, but there is simply no way there is going to be talk of "Windows Xp" on a for real piece of Apple or ATT material.
  • Reply 17 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

One little problem (well, once you get past the completely amateurish layout of that product sheet--really? are you kidding me?):

"Windows Xp"

There isn't a single instance of XP being called anything but "Windows XP" anywhere on Apple's or ATT's websites, because that's how MS does it, and you just don't go randomly changing the capitalization of a company's product.

I know it seems like a trivial detail, but there is simply no way there is going to be talk of "Windows Xp" on a for real piece of Apple or ATT material.

We'll see. I think they are real. That doesn't mean I think they are finished however. Ryan Block made the same argument. I'm not buying it though.
  • Reply 18 of 79
    admactaniumadmactanium Posts: 812member
    the page layout is very odd and very un-apple. perhaps they haven't filled in all the information yet and it's going to be a longer copy piece. the white space usage on it right now is terrible and not something that would ship from apple.
  • Reply 19 of 79
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Upon further review, I've changed my mind... Fake.
  • Reply 20 of 79
    Also, the punctuation and font don't look quite right. My verdict is that the level of detail present in that purported 3G iPhone is impressive therefore warranting some credibility, but, there are enough slightly odd things that add doubt to the point that I'm not willing to say it's real.