or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Temporary Insanity

Temporary Insanity - Page 3

post #81 of 274
23 hrs 5 mins to go : )
post #82 of 274
23 hours to go!!!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #83 of 274
Where are the elevator pictures????

post #84 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

23 hours to go!!!

Wow. After all these years. After all the naysayers. After all the doubters. After all the false rumors, spec predictions, arguments, debates and analysis.....

.....there is only 22 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #85 of 274
Quote:
Where are the elevator pictures????

Here you go:

They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #86 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Here you go:

21 hours, 53 minutes left to be stuck in the elevator. Will the fire department reach the stranded in time, or will they find a horrid scene of cannibalism?
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #87 of 274
Ahh... back in the good old days - anybody remember "Way beyond the rumor sites"?
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
--
(Unknown)
post #88 of 274
Quote:

Here you go:

Thank you. I feel much better now!

20 HOURS and 24 MINUTES TILL LAUNCH!

God I hope they make it available world-wide.

post #89 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by durandal View Post

Ahh... back in the good old days - anybody remember "Way beyond the rumor sites"?

Hmm?? How far back are we talking about? Explain what you mean?

Anyways......20 hours and 20 minutes to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #90 of 274
20 hours

Considering calling in sick today... and tomorrow, too. What the heck, take the whole week off.

post #91 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

21 hours, 53 minutes left to be stuck in the elevator. Will the fire department reach the stranded in time, or will they find a horrid scene of cannibalism?

APPLE scrawled all over the walls.

post #92 of 274
I must say, I am surprised today came and went without any silent updates.

Was nobody at Apple working on anything but the Tablet?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #93 of 274
GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!!!

I've got two possible plans of action related entirely to which cell company I am going to stay with and all of it comes down to what Apple announces.

MAKE IT GO FASTER!!!!!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #94 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Hmm?? How far back are we talking about? Explain what you mean?

Anyways......20 hours and 20 minutes to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the eve of the Sunflower iMac launch Apple seemed to be screwing with our heads by putting teasers up on their home page-- one of them just said "Beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond."

Which drove us mad. Then, the Canadian Time Magazine jumped the gun by publishing their new iMac cover in the wee hours before the keynote, and those of us insomniacs holding down the fort got to fiercely debate whether that was a fake or not, and if it wasn't what, exactly, we were looking at.

Then, we were all bitterly disappointed because we had taken "Way beyond the rumor sites" to mean that Apple was launching a fleet of their own satellites and offering us free broadband for life, among other things.
post #95 of 274
Quote:

On the eve of the Sunflower iMac launch Apple seemed to be screwing with our heads by putting teasers up on their home page-- one of them just said "Beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond."

Which drove us mad. Then, the Canadian Time Magazine jumped the gun by publishing their new iMac cover in the wee hours before the keynote, and those of us insomniacs holding down the fort got to fiercely debate whether that was a fake or not, and if it wasn't what, exactly, we were looking at.

Then, we were all bitterly disappointed because we had taken "Way beyond the rumor sites" to mean that Apple was launching a fleet of their own satellites and offering us free broadband for life, among other things.

Exactly See here, for example: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic..._In_MWSF_Hype/

Can't believe it's been 8 years already

EDIT: And even though this little thingy to the left is saying something different - I've been here by then, actually joined in July 2001, I think...

EDIT 2: Almost forgot about that one: ONLY 19 HOURS 26 MINUTES TO GO

EDIT 3: Beans. Spilled. Here: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=106534
--
(Unknown)
--
(Unknown)
post #96 of 274
17 hours and 46 minutes

Controlled leak or blunder of the year, the MH CEO is taking a beating.

Popping some corn now...

post #97 of 274
16 hours
post #98 of 274
It's baaaack. I put it on the main page too.

Kasper
EIC- AppleInsider.com
Questions and comments to : kasper@appleinsider.com
EIC- AppleInsider.com
Questions and comments to : kasper@appleinsider.com
post #99 of 274
So what are the expected good live-blog sites for this event?

Anyone going to try a video feed again? I think the last time someone tried it was an epic fail.
post #100 of 274
14 Hours
post #101 of 274
Quote:

LOL! I'm hoping that Steve Jobs gets sick and tired of the pathetic performance and pricing of the US carriers and decides to launch of fleet of satellites indeed!

OH yeah, 13 hours and 55 minutes to go!!!
post #102 of 274
Tell me someone, does anyone ANYONE know about that Verizon live webcast tomorrow? Is THAT a live video feed of the keynote?

Can someone who knows someone at Verizon actually view the live video webcast of the Apple event?
Can someone tap into that live feed and feed it directly into the rest of the internet so we can all see?

Can someone please investigate this like.........right the hell now??????
post #103 of 274
Quote:

LOL! I'm hoping that Steve Jobs gets sick and tired of the pathetic performance and pricing of the US carriers and decides to launch of fleet of satellites indeed!

OH yeah, 13 hours and 55 minutes to go!!!

That should only cost around $6B or so. Cheaper if they can get a deal from Motorola/Iridium for some patents.
post #104 of 274
OK, now I have to bump this "Temporary Insanity" thread so the other Temporary Insanity thread doesn't confuse us and make us go insane, temporarily.
post #105 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

That should only cost around $6B or so. Cheaper if they can get a deal from Motorola/Iridium for some patents.

SERIOUSLY! Apple can actually afford something like that now. But no, all they are going to do is announce new carrier partnerships. The thing is though, I'm sure ALL of the carriers do not meet Apple's quality standards.

I wish Steve Jobs would get REALLY radical and launch a wireless network of his own. Now THAT would be a one final goal for him to reach before he retires. THAT would be one awesome legacy creating final, go for the gold, ultimate tech product for him to achieve!

Then he can retire in peace.
post #106 of 274
Quote:

5 days, 14 hours, 30 minutes to go

Temporary Insanity used to be a forum here on AI back in the day and it could get wacky.

Temporary insanity, though, doesn't just apply to us here at AI, but the entire tech world. At PC World, there is an article claiming the new tablet won't be good for business. What do you guys and girls think?

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._business.html

YOU ARE THE MAN. Temporary Insanity is BACK YEAHHH

Pity I am actually more involved in employment nowadays so I can't ride the wave (or more likely, flying high) like back in the day.

*Sniff* this more normal life...

Prevents me from going fully INSANE !!!! OH THE INSANITY
post #107 of 274
And what a f(((K up by this McGraw guy, man... No way it is a controlled leak. Apple danced with the Devil on this one, they need the publishers, but boy, how the hell could they have expected all of them to have kept their mouth tightly shut.
post #108 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

And what a f(((K up by this McGraw guy, man... No way it is a controlled leak. Apple danced with the Devil on this one, they need the publishers, but boy, how the hell could they have expected all of them to have kept their mouth tightly shut.

Seriously, are all the old school media moguls a bunch of unprofessional babies?

YO MEDIA CEOs....SHUT THE FRACK UP!!!
post #109 of 274
Quote:

Seriously, are all the old school media moguls a bunch of unprofessional babies?

The Head of Publishing had Apple PRs permission to speak about it today. So do several other CEOs. Even the head of Google in Europe said the same thing this guy did several weeks ago.
post #110 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkhead View Post

The Head of Publishing had Apple PRs permission to speak about it today. So do several other CEOs. Even the head of Google in Europe said the same thing this guy did several weeks ago.

Oh. Well that's different.

12 hours and 52 minutes to go folks!!!!
post #111 of 274
Twelve. Hours.
post #112 of 274
DAMNNIT I gotta go sleep in 12 hours time.
post #113 of 274
Less than 12 hours to go!

The Internet hate machine is in full swing:
http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...-one/19330378/

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #114 of 274
Quote:

What time zone are you in? Stay up!!!
post #115 of 274
Quote:

Anybody recall the iPhone intro keynote when Steve intro'd a lot of CEOs who were youngish, sharp and cool.... then he intro'd the ATT guy and it was something out of the stoneage appeared on stage?

post #116 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

It's baaaack. I put it on the main page too.

Kasper

Thanks!

post #117 of 274
Quote:

YOU ARE THE MAN. Temporary Insanity is BACK YEAHHH

Pity I am actually more involved in employment nowadays so I can't ride the wave (or more likely, flying high) like back in the day.

*Sniff* this more normal life...

Prevents me from going fully INSANE !!!! OH THE INSANITY

For the next few hours nothing is normal!

post #118 of 274
Quote:

Sleep? There's an app for that.

11 hours 35 minutes

iPhone, therefore iAm

post #119 of 274
Quote:

Anybody recall the iPhone intro keynote when Steve intro'd a lot of CEOs who were youngish, sharp and cool.... then he intro'd the ATT guy and it was something out of the stoneage appeared on stage?

Yeah, I remember. Jobs really needs to consider spending a few billion on setting up his own wireless network.
post #120 of 274
Quote:

Sleep? There's an app for that.

Sex? There's an ass for that. I don't know where that came from
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Temporary Insanity