or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sarah Palin and the Tea Bag Party

Sarah Palin and the Tea Bag Party

post #1 of 162
Is Sarah Palin a Republican or a Tea Party member?

So, all those people who paid $500+ to listen to Sarah Palin speak could have just watched her on CNN and/or the Fox NEws network?

So, who exactly are these TEaBag folks everyone in the media is talking about?
Are THEY the middle class?
Are THEY the Upper-Middle-Class?
Are THEY the Lower-Middle-Class?

Who are they?
post #2 of 162
I've never heard anyone in the mainstream media call those who are associated with the Tea Party Teabaggers. You do know blogs and lefty hate sites are not considered part of the 'mainstream media' , correct?
post #3 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

I've never heard anyone in the mainstream media call those who are associated with the Tea Party Teabaggers. You do know blogs and lefty hate sites are not considered part of the 'mainstream media' , correct?

What does 'teabagging' mean?

Is that a homosexual term?
post #4 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

You may want to ask your buddy who posted the thread. The left seems to be obsessed with the term.
post #5 of 162
Here's a video of the organizer. The best starts at 3.50 mins. The guy is utterly clueless and he's promoting it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEi0_uCIFLU&NR=1
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #6 of 162
Quote:

Fair enough. There. Comedic influence removed.
post #7 of 162
The infatuation those on the left have with Sarah Palin is quite intriguing.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #8 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

They are both scared and attracted to opinionated, powerful women.
post #9 of 162
No. We're bothered by WACKO opinionated people. Not women. Sara Palin hits me exatly the way that Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh hit me. Wackos who are dangerous to this country.

I'm not scared of Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi or Dianne Feinstein. All three of whom are more powerful than your wacko prom queen wet dream.
post #10 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No. We're bothered by WACKO opinionated people. Not women. Sara Palin hits me exatly the way that Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh hit me. Wackos who are dangerous to this country.

I'm not scared of Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi or Dianne Feinstein. All three of whom are more powerful than your wacko prom queen wet dream.

Don't listen to them. I can't stand your fem idols, yet you won't find me posting crap about them, talking about them, or even thinking about them, unlike the left does with S. Palin. The women you mentioned are politicians and the Secretary of State- positions which are far more important and potentially harmful to the country than a retired governor.
I'm not the one obsessed with S. Palin...
post #11 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

So, who exactly are these TEaBag folks everyone in the media is talking about?
Are THEY the middle class?
Are THEY the Upper-Middle-Class?
Are THEY the Lower-Middle-Class?

Who are they?

They are the result of the fiscally irresponsible behavior of the Democratic and Republican political parties. "The people" - from all classes - are being offered a choice and they're choosing candidates that promise to limit government expansion without sacrificing national security.

In a two party political system, a cohesive voting block of just a few percent of the population has the power to change the outcome of an election. I can see the Republicans courting the "tea bag" folks, which can greatly influence the outcome of the 2012 elections.
post #12 of 162
Quote:

Don't listen to them. I can't stand your fem idols, yet you won't find me posting crap about them, talking about them, or even thinking about them, unlike the left does with S. Palin. The women you mentioned are politicians and the Secretary of State- positions which are far more important and potentially harmful to the country than a retired governor.
I'm not the one obsessed with S. Palin...

Are you kidding!? LOL... first of all, these are not my fem idols... I jut think their values align with what I believe will help this country be a country for the benefit of all, not a country for the (deserving) rich at the expense of the (lazy) poor. Not a country for (patriotic) Americans at the expense of all the other good people around the world. Not a country for (good) Christians at the expense of all the other good people who don't believe wacky fairy tales or who believe in other just as worthy wacky fairy tales.

If Sarah Palin remained a retired Governor, then she would not be on anyone's radar. The fact that she still apparently has presidential aspirations could not have evaded you. The fact that she has media aspirations could not have evaded you. She is not just a "retired governor" by any stretch.

And you claim we won't find "you" posting crap about Clinton or Pelosi!? "You", apparently translated as the "non Sarah Palin-obsessed Librals", who have a gazillion anti-Pelosi comments and Anti-Hilary websites? Give me a break.
post #13 of 162
Not surprising, I always thought Sarah Palin enjoyed tea bagging

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #14 of 162
Teleprompter? Sarah Palin don't need no teleprompter!

post #15 of 162
An attack speech loved by her adoring crowd... filled with nothing else, no ideas on how to actually improve things.

No change from Sara; she is consistently void. Anybody can get on a stage and whip up an already angry mob; it takes someone special to lead them in a functional direction; she ain't that person.

Read an interesting article the other day about a movement in France several decades ago that is oddly similar to the Tea Bag Association of Complainers and the Self-Righteous: they complained and complained but had no ideas and eventually faded away.

---

Any explanation yet of her two hypocritical takes on the word "retarded"?

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #16 of 162
Quote:

Teleprompter? Sarah Palin don't need no teleprompter!

Priceless!

She uses Tele-Hand! You betcha! I wonder if it scrolled...

post #17 of 162
Oh no. Does that say 'Energy'?

'Energy' is all she ever talks about! Why did she need to write that down?

She really is SO STUPID.
post #18 of 162
My first reaction was 'Photoshopped'. Ha ha. Very good.

But no. It's real. It really is.

Oh. My. Sweet. Jebus.
post #19 of 162
Here... here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOvQC...embedded#at=59

She looks down at her hand and the first word to come out of her mouth is 'energy'.

Yes, this is DEFINITELY the woman that all Americans should want to be in the room negotiating with Wen Jiaboa and the rest of the Chinese trade delegation.
post #20 of 162
Quote:

You may want to ask your buddy who posted the thread. The left seems to be obsessed with the term.

Well it's kind of stupid and funny.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #21 of 162
Quote:

Well she's kind of stupid and funny.
post #22 of 162
Quote:

Is MSNBC mainstream?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms45E...om=PL&index=37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tICdBS_4prs
Barney should know all about this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46ir0dfmCG4
post #23 of 162
Quote:

Teabagging is an activity used within the context of BDSM and male dominance, with a dominant man teabagging his submissive partner as one variation of facesitting and/or as a means of inflicting erotic humiliation.
FROM WIKIPEDIA:

Teabagging is not always carried out consensually as a sexual act. It has been used during hazing or bullying incidents.[4] Incidents have included reports of groups holding down victims while the perpetrator "shoves his testicles in [their] face"[5] or puts their "crotch to his head."[6]
Mimicking teabagging has become popular in online video games. It is portrayed by the winning player positioning his character over the fallen character's face (while repeatedly crouching and standing) to imply domination or humiliation.[6]

In 2009, Tea Party protests were formed to protest against United States government tax and spending policies.[7][8] Many of the initial protest organizers themselves used the term "teabaggers" to describe themselves and their movement. Owing to its sexual connotation, the term "Tea Bagger" has been used by several pundits and journalists to ridicule the protesters. Anderson Cooper apologized for using the term. [9][10][11][12][13] The term's growth in the political arena earned attention by the Oxford American Dictionary, and the word "teabagger" achieved finalist status for the OAD Word of the Year.[14]

The double meaning of the phrase drew criticism and mockery from MSNBC's David Shuster who on April 13, accused the protesters of "going nuts for it" and "whip[ping] out the festivities"; wanting to "give President Obama a strong tongue-lashing and lick government spending." He argued that "the people who came up with it are a familiar circle of Republicans including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, both of whom have firm support from right wing financiers and lobbyists." and that "the Fox News Channel, including Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity, both are looking forward to an up close and personal taste of teabagging themselves." He concluded, saying that "If you are planning simultaneous teabagging all around the country, you're going to need a Dick Armey."[18] On April 13,[19] 14,[20] and 15,[21] MSNBC's Rachel Maddow made similar remarks. On April 14[22] and 15,[23] MSNBC's Keith Olbermann made remarks in the same vein, and on April 15, CNN's Anderson Cooper said "It's hard to talk when you're teabagging."[24][25]
On the April 16 edition of The Daily Show, Jon Stewart observed, "So, in our new world order, Fox are the hippies [for promoting anti-government protests] and CNN is The Man. What does that make MSNBC?" He then played a montage of clips of MSNBC anchors using the "teabagging" terminology and concluded, "Hours of scrotum-based humor. Oh my God! MSNBC is us! They're The Daily Show! Well what the fuck am I supposed to do?"[26]
post #24 of 162
If you think Africa is a country and can see Russia from Alaska we don't want you as president, it is that simple.

post #25 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

If you think Africa is a country and can see Russia from Alaska we don't want you as president, it is that simple.

1) The "Africa is a country" thing is a hoax as reported in the New York Times.

2) You can see Russian land from Alaskan land.

post #26 of 162
Quote:

2) You can see Russian land from Alaskan land.

You really can?

Then maybe Sarah Palin should be Secretary of State first. Can't be as hard as being President.

You know. Just while she finds her feet before becoming the most powerful person in the world.
post #27 of 162
This woman who needs to write notes on her hand before she answers a question she's already had time to prepare for.

Secretary of State.

Then President.
post #28 of 162
Quote:

Are you kidding!? LOL... first of all, these are not my fem idols... I jut think their values align with what I believe will help this country be a country for the benefit of all, not a country for the (deserving) rich at the expense of the (lazy) poor. Not a country for (patriotic) Americans at the expense of all the other good people around the world. Not a country for (good) Christians at the expense of all the other good people who don't believe wacky fairy tales or who believe in other just as worthy wacky fairy tales.

If Sarah Palin remained a retired Governor, then she would not be on anyone's radar. The fact that she still apparently has presidential aspirations could not have evaded you. The fact that she has media aspirations could not have evaded you. She is not just a "retired governor" by any stretch.

And you claim we won't find "you" posting crap about Clinton or Pelosi!? "You", apparently translated as the "non Sarah Palin-obsessed Librals", who have a gazillion anti-Pelosi comments and Anti-Hilary websites? Give me a break.

I don't have any anti-liberal anything sites, nor do I constantly obsess over your heroes, as the left does about S. Palin.

Ever hear about working hard, making something of yourself, rather than rely on the government to feed, house and take care of you? The 'rich' don't take from the poor, nor do Christians you seem to be so scared of.
Why do you care so much what S. Palin does? If she is the nutjjob you seem to think she is, she shouldn't have any affect on your life whatsoever.
post #29 of 162
Quote:

This woman who needs to write notes on her hand before she answers a question she's already had time to prepare for.

Secretary of State.

Then President.

Unlike your hero Obama, who has to set up a teleprompter to lecture to and answer questions from 6th graders?
post #30 of 162

The channel is. You consider J. Garofalo part of the main stream media?
post #31 of 162
Quote:

Unlike your hero Obama, who has to set up a teleprompter to lecture to and answer questions from 6th graders?

At least he knows how to use a teleprompter.

Haven't learned a thing from all of this have you?
post #32 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

At least he knows how to use a teleprompter.

I'm willing to bet he does not know how to use one. He can read from one, however.
Learned what, from all the S. Palin bashing and obsession by the left?
post #33 of 162
Quote:

I'm willing to bet he does not know how to use one. He can read from one, however.
Learned what, from all the S. Palin bashing and obsession by the left?

Clever one liners will get you nowhere as far as reason.

Quote:
all the S. Palin bashing and obsession by the left

Well to be honest ( and this isn't a quip or one liner this is serious ) we just can't believe that someone that far out there and scary came that close to the presidency.

post #34 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Clever one liners will get you nowhere as far as reason.

Some threads don't deserve anything more than one-liners.
I have learned the left is full of bitterness, envy and hatred. They must lead awful lives, being as angry and obsessed as them seem to be.
post #35 of 162
Quote:

Some threads don't deserve anything more than one-liners.
I have learned the left is full of bitterness, envy and hatred. They must lead awful lives, being as angry and obsessed as them seem to be.

Quote:
I have learned the left is full of bitterness, envy and hatred

And the Republicans aren't? Oh by the way " Envy "?

With all of the stupid , childish things going on in politics from both sides these days it's a little difficult not to be cynical.
post #36 of 162
Quote:

The 'rich' don't take from the poor, nor do Christians you seem to be so scared of.

LOL... oh, yeah... the Mormon Church requiring all families to donate 10% so that they can build more and more mega-cathedrals...

And the Waltons are saints for the way they treat their employees.

And those Wall Street bonuses -- they don't at all affect the amount of money that can be afforded to entry-level employees.

I guess I should just "work hard" to be "just like you". LOL.
post #37 of 162
Quote:

I don't have any anti-liberal anything sites, nor do I constantly obsess over your heroes, as the left does about S. Palin.

Then you are not representative of "the right", who have plenty, and who obsess plenty.
post #38 of 162
Quote:

LOL... oh, yeah... the Mormon Church requiring all families to donate 10% so that they can build more and more mega-cathedrals...

And the Waltons are saints for the way they treat their employees.

And those Wall Street bonuses -- they don't at all affect the amount of money that can be afforded to entry-level employees.

I guess I should just "work hard" to be "just like you". LOL.

Only members have to tithe. It is a choice.
Last I checked, a good portion of the salaries for entry-level jobs on Wall Street are bonuses. It is not just the CEOs who get them. Can you provide a link or 2 for someone claiming they were forced to take a low-paying entry-level job on Wall Street, as well as being chained to a desk, not allowed to leave? If pay or working conditions are so terrible- for any job, said company would be out of business pretty quick, as they wouldn't have any employees.
If more people worked hard, there wouldn't be such a need for government handouts.
post #39 of 162
Quote:

You might be on to something here. What if the government taxed everyone at a flat rate across the board?

What if you have nothing? Last time I checked, 10% of nothing is...NOTHING.

post #40 of 162
Quote:

The channel is. You consider J. Garofalo part of the main stream media?

Do you seriously thing they didn't know what she was going to say? Who was it that was giving her a National forum?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sarah Palin and the Tea Bag Party