or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Practically new iMac quad core freezing....

Practically new iMac quad core freezing....

post #1 of 4
Hello all;

First post. First Apple machine
I wish the "transition" was going better.

I got a 27" imac with a quad core i5 3 weeks ago. Since day one, it's been freezing intermittently. Sometimes it's OK for a whole day, sometimes it freezes 6 times a day. After playing with it, I realize that it has nothing to do with the applications I run. Sometimes it will freeze just sitting on the desktop. Of course I tried some stuff like removing it from the internet thinking it's an intrusion but no luck. I toke it back to the store and of course it didn't freeze there for 8 hours so they gave it back after they "changed somethings in the configuration"
Anything typical with these??? It is VERY frustrating considering I spent $2500 on it....

thanx
post #2 of 4
Let me know if you find anything out. I have a new MBP and iMac 27" QC5. Both are running the same set of applications, services, etc. The iMac has started freezing while I am working ... sometimes it looks like I need to force quit applications ... other times it doesn't give me any signs. Regardless, nothing after that will work. I always have to hard reset. I've not had a single issue with the MBP.
post #3 of 4
Very likely a hardware issue, more often than not, bad RAM. I'd have Apple look at it.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Very likely a hardware issue, more often than not, bad RAM. I'd have Apple look at it.

I did 3 times as of today. I got lucky and it froze down at the apple store. I got a refund on it
Got a mac mini instead
Then went to tigerdirect and built an i720 quadcore PC with 12gb ram and dual 28" lcd all for the same money I paid for the 27" imac....
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Practically new iMac quad core freezing....