or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Looking at Why Apple iTV Will Succeed

Looking at Why Apple iTV Will Succeed

post #1 of 7
Hi everyone, I'm a big Mac user, I officially converted everything from PC to Mac back in November 2008 and I haven't looked back since!

I have the quad-core 27-inch iMac, a MacBook Pro, a MacBook Air, the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod Touch... basically everything Mac.

What I am really looking forward to next is the iTV.

Here's why I believe the Apple iTV will succeed: http://www.buyric.com/blog/marcuscyg...-will-succeed/

I also wrote about why I believe Google TV will fail: http://www.buyric.com/blog/marcuscyg...-tv-will-fail/

Looking forward to your feedback, thank you!

- Marcus Cyganiak
post #2 of 7
I'm confused at how you can say that either product will succeed or fail, given that neither exists and the former is nothing but a freaking rumor with no substance whatsoever.

It's highly unlikely that every "iTV" rumor is correct, and even a subsection of them wouldn't give anyone grounds to say that it will succeed given its continued nonexistence and especially in the face of the lackluster success of the current Apple TV that hasn't had an update in three years.

This new "iTV" fails immediately for me if it doesn't have 1080p hardware support, as that's the only thing stopping me from getting the current model. I don't care one iota for any of these new supposed features or subscriptions or cloud-based nonsense.

Success is incredibly subjective and can't hinge on rumored features of a nonexistent product. Especially when none of the rumors have indicated 1080p hardware support, something thatas I saidmakes the difference for me whether I buy it or keep ignoring it for another three years until they get their act together.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'm confused at how you can say that either product will succeed or fail, given that neither exists and the former is nothing but a freaking rumor with no substance whatsoever.

The OP is advertising his blog. If you click through to his links, then his job is done here.
post #4 of 7
No no, I really would like the feedback.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Cyganiak View Post

No no, I really would like the feedback.

Don't use AI to advertise your blog?
post #6 of 7
I find it rather difficult to take someone seriously when posting 'objective' stories like this when they hold nothing but a hand-full of Apple products. It's entirely predictable from the second sentence of your post exactly which way these 'articles' will swing. My advice would be to wait for a product that is currently vapourware to actually be announced (if it ever is), and then wait some more so you can purchase and try them both out.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's highly unlikely that every "iTV" rumor is correct, and even a subsection of them wouldn't give anyone grounds to say that it will succeed given its continued nonexistence and especially in the face of the lackluster success of the current Apple TV that hasn't had an update in three years.

This new "iTV" fails immediately for me if it doesn't have 1080p hardware support, as that's the only thing stopping me from getting the current model. I don't care one iota for any of these new supposed features or subscriptions or cloud-based nonsense.

Success is incredibly subjective and can't hinge on rumored features of a nonexistent product. Especially when none of the rumors have indicated 1080p hardware support, something thatas I saidmakes the difference for me whether I buy it or keep ignoring it for another three years until they get their act together.

AGREE bigtime gee success or failure of rumors
probably just spam and offers nothing. Nothing is nothing
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Looking at Why Apple iTV Will Succeed