or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › iPad2 but when?

iPad2 but when?

post #1 of 6
Any idea when the next gen iPad should launch? I'm guessing it won't be next week and therefore unlikely to be before Christmas. January?
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw_amherst View Post

Any idea when the next gen iPad should launch? I'm guessing it won't be next week and therefore unlikely to be before Christmas. January?

next year, at the earliest
post #3 of 6
Quote:

iPad. April. Every year.
iPhone. June. Every year.
iPods. September. Every year.

Pretty simple.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #4 of 6
Tuesday. Haha!
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #5 of 6
Quote:

Some say April or so which is possible but maybe not wise. The thing here is that many new Apple products have come in the spring and then settled into alternative release cycles for marketing purposes. Due to iPads very consumerrish nature a refresh in the October to November time frame makes a lot of sense.

While I don't see it as a major update the everyone is waiting on I could see iPad given a minor update before the holiday season. This would involve the processor from iPhone 4 to give us more RAM. Obviously a minor bump but it may be required to really leverage iOS 4.2. 4.2 might put a wrinkle in Apples long term rev plans. So look for the possibility of a minor update when iOS 4.2 comes out.

I look at it this way. It is obvious Apple has the hardware to upgrade the iPad at any time in a bump sort of fashion. IOS 4.2 just gives them a little more incentive to do so. The question is will Apple let the current model ride through the holidays? April puts the Cortex A9 based iPad another six months away. That might not be defendable in the marketplace. One alternative would be a January overhaul.

I know I've rattled on here but there is no clear answer. I'd suggest waiting for the debut of 4.2 on the device and see if that brings new hardware. I wouldn't however be prepared to call that hardware rev two. At least not the major update many are expecting.

Dave
post #6 of 6
Gut feeling says sometime in March. I wouldn't say it will be later.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › iPad2 but when?