or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › State of the Union tonight...place your bets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

State of the Union tonight...place your bets - Page 3

post #81 of 306
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by tonton:
<strong>

Whooah. That could actually be a very popular ticket. Do you think Hillary might give up her senate seat for a vice-presidency? Very interesting.

I would be more compelled to vote for Joe with Hillary as vice, than for Joe or Hillary separately. I think they would make a good team, keeping eachother in check, and avoiding the negative stigma of Hillary running this term (the US is not ready for it). Then Hillary would be open for a 2008 or 2012 run.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Feh. I could never vote for Lieberman with his policy of censorship.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #82 of 306
Yeah, break out the Power Point presentation or somethin'...proof...

...lock 'em and load'em...here we go...

whoop, thread kinda veeering left...

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited by: Artman @_@ ]</p>
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
post #83 of 306
Clinton is old and getting older. 2004 or 2008 is make or break.
post #84 of 306
That's kind of stupid.. terrorists give no forewarning.....skip ahead......saddam husein staying there is not an option...

I may be a little rusty on my categorical syllogisms but that just doesn't make sense!
post #85 of 306
Thread Starter 
He said evil! He said it twice!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #86 of 306
Bring out the torture victims...
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
post #87 of 306
All of this torture is used by American allies throughout the third world.
tribalfusion?
Reply
tribalfusion?
Reply
post #88 of 306
<img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />

EVIL!!! WOO!
post #89 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:
<strong>Nevermind the fact that MIT fudged a key balllistic missiles test report!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just to add some clarification...

The US ARMY is working with overpriced MIT slimes, the NAVY has significantly better data that has produced an almost 100% intercept record.
The Bush public works project to repave the road from Suspicion to Paranoia is over budget.
Reply
The Bush public works project to repave the road from Suspicion to Paranoia is over budget.
Reply
post #90 of 306
i don't think so, mrbill. the missile system data is corrupt.

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited by: ShawnPatrickJoyce ]</p>
post #91 of 306
Looking forward to the 5.
post #92 of 306
ah bush showing consideration for sending troops into battle.. hypocritical!
post #93 of 306
Wake up Ted...
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
post #94 of 306
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:
<strong>i don't think so, mrbill. the missile system data is corrupt.

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited by: ShawnPatrickJoyce ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Proof? Evidence?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #95 of 306
"Full force and might of the American military" Does that mean the many American weapons of mass destruction?
tribalfusion?
Reply
tribalfusion?
Reply
post #96 of 306
Sen. Kennedy just looks jaded...
post #97 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by BR:
<strong>

Proof? Evidence?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It was on Slashdot.
post #98 of 306
running a bit long?
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
Reply
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
Reply
post #99 of 306
Bush. Benevolent warrior...
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
post #100 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:
<strong>Bush. Benevolent warrior... </strong><hr></blockquote>

<img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> "Compassionate Conservativism"
post #101 of 306
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:
<strong>

It was on Slashdot.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Show me the evidence. Don't demand the evidence from bush when you won't provide your own.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #102 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:
<strong>i don't think so, mrbill. the missile system data is corrupt.

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited by: ShawnPatrickJoyce ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well I actually attended most of them.
The Bush public works project to repave the road from Suspicion to Paranoia is over budget.
Reply
The Bush public works project to repave the road from Suspicion to Paranoia is over budget.
Reply
post #103 of 306
"Forced into war"... You know, Iraq isn't exactly &lt;I&gt;jumping&lt;/I&gt; to push us into a war. No no, you see, that's what Bush is doing.
Silly Bush, leadership is for people with worldly knowledge!
"I'm not afraid of computers - they're defenseless" - Thom Yorke
Reply
"I'm not afraid of computers - they're defenseless" - Thom Yorke
Reply
post #104 of 306
Now the Dems. Just heard that Kennedy wants Bush to return to Congress if he wants to start a war with Iraq...
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
post #105 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by BR:
<strong>

Show me the evidence. Don't demand the evidence from bush when you won't provide your own.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I showed you where to get the evidence. It was on slashdot a while ago but I can';t find it right now.
post #106 of 306
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:
<strong>

I showed you where to get the evidence. It was on slashdot a while ago but I can';t find it right now.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That isn't showing me evidence. Telling me to find it myself is not showing me the evidence.

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited by: BR ]</p>

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #107 of 306
Uh. Who the f@ck is Gary Locke? What did they do. Pull him out of a hat? Where's Hillary?! <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
post #108 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by BR:
<strong>

That isn't showing me evidence. Telling me to find it myself is not showing me the evidence.

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited by: BR ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't be an ass. I told you I couldn;t find it. That means I can;t argue any further. Relax.
post #109 of 306
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:
<strong>

Don't be an ass. I told you I couldn;t find it. That means I can;t argue any further. Relax.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You conveniently can't find it. Say you have evidence without making sure you actually have the evidence. Sounds bush-like to me, Mr. BUSH!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #110 of 306
I don't have it on hand. That doesn't mean I don't have it. It exists somewhere in slashdot archives. This war with Iraq- the proof is in no such place.
post #111 of 306
Just some notes during the speech I took.

Bush seems to avoid the Iraq situation in the beginning. He talked about the budget issues to much applause from the republicans but from sitting silence on the Democrats side. ?Federal Budgets should not rise faster than the paychecks of the American families? He talks about social security being safe, High quality affordable health care for all Americans (applause from D?s and R?s). Bush scores big points on partisan stance on health care. ?Good insurance policies, chose your own doctor, no beauracracy.? (Mass ovation from all.) Bush seems set on putting health care reform into action now. Surprisingly to me, Bush talked about energy conservation and technology to decrease dependance on foreign energy resources. Environmentalism, Health Care, and Budgeting issues seem to be circling around and keeping attention off of Iraq. 1.2 Billion in R&D for developing clean hydrogen powered automobiles ?take cars from labs to show rooms.? George W Bush is very no nonsense, he seems very honest in what he is saying. He sounds as if he is marking a lot of money to be used in his budget plan. Government spending at least sounds like it is going up. Brings up issue of abortion, wants to end partial birth abortion?wants sto pass law against all human cloning. Applause on the human cloning issue , applause from R?s on partial birth abortion. ?our calling as a blessed country is to make the world better.? I think everybody was waiting for Iraq to be the main issue but people seem to forget the amazing scope of the other issues that face our world. I think this State of the Union Address is not just a wake up call to the people of America and the news media but a realization in that what Bush is saying is true. The HIV plan to help Africans sounds very good in the fight to turn the tide against the overwhelmingly infectious disease. He talks about the war on terrorism and seems as if America is stomping out threats all over the world. He proposed a measure to be taken to make immunities available for bio terror or war which is something that I think is a good and necessary measure to be taken, as he says ?we must assume our enemies will use bio weapons against us.? ?free people will set the course of history? Brings up Iraq, ?they must disarm? ?Saddam gives no evidence of destroying all of his chemical agents. Clearly has much to hid, deceives, hides documents, sanitizes inspection sights. Intimidates witnesses? I am ssurprised by the partisan response to the comments on the Iraq crisis. I actually cant believe it. Everyone is applauded like there is no tomorrow. Maybe that?s why they are applauding so hard.
post #112 of 306
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:
<strong>I don't have it on hand.</strong><hr></blockquote>
Or it could just be spin.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #113 of 306
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by Mr. Macintosh:
<strong>Just some notes during the speech I took.

Bush seems to avoid the Iraq situation in the beginning. He talked about the budget issues to much applause from the republicans but from sitting silence on the Democrats side. ?Federal Budgets should not rise faster than the paychecks of the American families? He talks about social security being safe, High quality affordable health care for all Americans (applause from D?s and R?s). Bush scores big points on partisan stance on health care. ?Good insurance policies, chose your own doctor, no beauracracy.? (Mass ovation from all.) Bush seems set on putting health care reform into action now. Surprisingly to me, Bush talked about energy conservation and technology to decrease dependance on foreign energy resources. Environmentalism, Health Care, and Budgeting issues seem to be circling around and keeping attention off of Iraq. 1.2 Billion in R&D for developing clean hydrogen powered automobiles ?take cars from labs to show rooms.? George W Bush is very no nonsense, he seems very honest in what he is saying. He sounds as if he is marking a lot of money to be used in his budget plan. Government spending at least sounds like it is going up. Brings up issue of abortion, wants to end partial birth abortion?wants sto pass law against all human cloning. Applause on the human cloning issue , applause from R?s on partial birth abortion. ?our calling as a blessed country is to make the world better.? I think everybody was waiting for Iraq to be the main issue but people seem to forget the amazing scope of the other issues that face our world. I think this State of the Union Address is not just a wake up call to the people of America and the news media but a realization in that what Bush is saying is true. The HIV plan to help Africans sounds very good in the fight to turn the tide against the overwhelmingly infectious disease. He talks about the war on terrorism and seems as if America is stomping out threats all over the world. He proposed a measure to be taken to make immunities available for bio terror or war which is something that I think is a good and necessary measure to be taken, as he says ?we must assume our enemies will use bio weapons against us.? ?free people will set the course of history? Brings up Iraq, ?they must disarm? ?Saddam gives no evidence of destroying all of his chemical agents. Clearly has much to hid, deceives, hides documents, sanitizes inspection sights. Intimidates witnesses? I am ssurprised by the partisan response to the comments on the Iraq crisis. I actually cant believe it. Everyone is applauded like there is no tomorrow. Maybe that?s why they are applauding so hard.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Paragraphs are your friend.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #114 of 306
"....ents, sanitizes inspection sights. Intimidates witnesses? I am ssurprised by the partisan response to the comments on the Iraq crisis. I actually cant believe it. Everyone is applauded like there is no tomorrow. Maybe that?s why they are applauding so hard."


Sounds like Bush's subconcious.... :eek:
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
post #115 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:
<strong>"....ents, sanitizes inspection sights. Intimidates witnesses? I am ssurprised by the partisan response to the comments on the Iraq crisis. I actually cant believe it. Everyone is applauded like there is no tomorrow. Maybe that?s why they are applauding so hard."


Sounds like Bush's subconcious.... :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>
I doubt that his mind processes thoughts that clearly. I mean really, they're in complete sentences and everything!
<img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />
"I'm not afraid of computers - they're defenseless" - Thom Yorke
Reply
"I'm not afraid of computers - they're defenseless" - Thom Yorke
Reply
post #116 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:
<strong>"....ents, sanitizes inspection sights. Intimidates witnesses? I am ssurprised by the partisan response to the comments on the Iraq crisis. I actually cant believe it. Everyone is applauded like there is no tomorrow. Maybe that?s why they are applauding so hard."


Sounds like Bush's subconcious.... :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

I just took quick notes. Bush is a smarter man than you people give him credit for being.
post #117 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:
<strong>"....ents, sanitizes inspection sights. Intimidates witnesses? I am ssurprised by the partisan response to the comments on the Iraq crisis. I actually cant believe it. Everyone is applauded like there is no tomorrow. Maybe that?s why they are applauding so hard."


Sounds like Bush's subconcious.... :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

hehehehe
post #118 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by Mr. Macintosh:
<strong>I just took quick notes. Bush is a smarter man than you people give him credit for being.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I can take quick notes without making 235 grammatical mistakes and ignoring punctuation, paragraphs and composition. Perhaps you're not as smart as you give yourself credit for. Bush is a dumbass.

Tranaslation: Smart is relative. Lots of people think Bush is smart. And compared to them he probably is.
post #119 of 306
[quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:
<strong>Clinton is old and getting older. 2004 or 2008 is make or break.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Uh, yeah. Ronald "Heimer" Reagan? George "needs a walker" Bush?
post #120 of 306
Hmm. Perhaps...since she will be up for re-election in 2012 anyway because of a possible win in 2008, she may be able to pull off a first-term victory in 2012 too. I don't see any later than that though. We're talking about ending two terms in either 2016 or 2020. That's mind-boggling to me being only 19. But come on, she'll be 70 or close to it! That's pushing it to me. I say no later than what you said before- 2008/2012.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › State of the Union tonight...place your bets