or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Lion and gripes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lion and gripes

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Hi,

For those of you having just installed Lion, are there any gripes you want to get off your chest? Mine are:

-\tThe new scrollbar, it just lacks any depth. I havent wanted to install a UI skin in a while, but that might be the reason to do so.
-\tDownload window is hard to find in Safari. Could only find a way to show it by adding a new button in the tool bar
-\tLack of colour for certain icons makes quick differentiation harder and slower,
-\tThe scroll wheel scrolls in the wrong direction. Arghhhh. You can change the direction, but they seem to have unified mouse and track-pad behaviour, when they really should be separate in terms of scrolling behaviour.
-\tThe new Address Book lacks icons, which previously added nice visual cues. It looks more book and not enough designed to be used. Too much context change necessary. Oh and nothing next to names to differentiate between company and people entries
-\tIn Mail, the icons in the folder tree are huge. I havent found a way to reduce the size yet.
- Finder, screwed up the order of the icons and removed colour in the sidebar. Where is my custom icon and how can I get the icons smaller.
This is not to say I hate Lion, its more to say that between everything else there are some things that seem to stick out like a sore thumb.
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmas View Post

-\tDownload window is hard to find in Safari. Could only find a way to show it by adding a new button in the tool bar

Uh... what? You add its button like you do anything else.

Quote:
-\tThe scroll wheel scrolls in the wrong direction. Arghhhh. You can change the direction, but they seem to have unified mouse and track-pad behaviour, when they really should be separate in terms of scrolling behaviour.

There is no "wrong" direction. And you already said you changed it. So there's no issue here.

Quote:
- Finder, screwed up the order of the icons and removed colour in the sidebar. Where is my custom icon and how can I get the icons smaller.

Did you try the Finder preferences? You can't make them smaller. It's more like iOS this way.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Uh... what? You add its button like you do anything else.

Sure, but it is not accessible via the menu bar. If it wasn't for playing around with the tool bar then I would have found it.

Quote:
There is no "wrong" direction. And you already said you changed it. So there's no issue here.

For the track pad the new direction makes sense, but not for the scroll-button on a mouse. As you said there is an option to change this, so no biggie now.

Quote:
Did you try the Finder preferences? You can't make them smaller. It's more like iOS this way.

A friend told me where to look. Its in the system preferences, under general -> sidebard icon size. Though there is no way to change the order of the sections or reintroduce colour.
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmas View Post

Sure, but it is not accessible via the menu bar. If it wasn't for playing around with the tool bar then I would have found it.

Or any of the other buttons addable...

Quote:
Though there is no way to change the order of the sections or reintroduce colour.

You couldn't change section order in Snow Leopard, either.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmas View Post

Hi,

For those of you having just installed Lion, are there any gripes you want to get off your chest?

Well... Here's one:
The day of the week in the menu bar disappears after each restart/log out...
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny View Post

Well... Here's one:
The day of the week in the menu bar disappears after each restart/log out...

You have a problem with that preference file, then, as it doesn't do this for me and never did through development. Delete it and reset your Date/Time preferences in System Preferences.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You have a problem with that preference file, then, as it doesn't do this for me and never did through development. Delete it and reset your Date/Time preferences in System Preferences.

Which file are you talking about and where do I find it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Lion and gripes