or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Can't delete shared folders in Sharing preferences

Can't delete shared folders in Sharing preferences

post #1 of 4
Dear all,

I upgraded to Lion and run into a strange problem, when I cleaned-up user accounts I no longer needed on my MBP: After securely deleting the home folder accounts in "Users & Groups", the (previously) shared folders are still listed in the "Shared Folders" box in "Sharing". When I klick the "-" box to remove a folder, the system asks me whether I am sure to stop sharing. But after klicking "ok" the respective folder remains listed in the box.

Do you have any ideas how I can get rid of the still listed, but no longer existing, shared folders?

Thanks in advance for your support!!

BRNY
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRNY View Post

Dear all,

I upgraded to Lion and run into a strange problem, when I cleaned-up user accounts I no longer needed on my MBP: After securely deleting the home folder accounts in "Users & Groups", the (previously) shared folders are still listed in the "Shared Folders" box in "Sharing". When I klick the "-" box to remove a folder, the system asks me whether I am sure to stop sharing. But after klicking "ok" the respective folder remains listed in the box.

Do you have any ideas how I can get rid of the still listed, but no longer existing, shared folders?

Thanks in advance for your support!!

BRNY

You should have stayed with the Snow Leopard OS.Lion to many bugs yet.
post #3 of 4
I have also the same problem.
You may see following message in /var/log/system.log

System Preferences[1351]: ### Error:-11003 File:/SourceCache/SharingPref/SharingPref-216/FileSharing.m Line:591

This message must be related with your problem.

Jiro
post #4 of 4
Hi, BRNY

I found a man who solved this problem.
Briefly, use directory utilities (directory editor) to delete the ghost of public folder.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/kronekodow/a...0#comment-form

This site is in Japanese, sorry. But with some pictures provided there, you can figure out the detail of method.

Jiro
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Can't delete shared folders in Sharing preferences