or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Is this the proper place for a person to introduce himself?

Is this the proper place for a person to introduce himself?

post #1 of 5
Hopefully it is.

I've lurked this board for going on two years, so I thought this would be a good time to finally join in the conversation. I'm an Apple fan and investor. I bought my first Apple product 25 years ago this summer: a Mac Plus. I used it for business and personal projects, and I probably had more fun and made more money using that device than I have any other device, save my trusty old HP-12C. Still the best computer I have ever owned (for its time). Unfortunately I fell into Microsux/WinTel bondage in the early 90's and couldn't justify another Mac until fairly recently. Last year I bought an iPod Touch and it was such a great device, I immediately started shopping for a MacBook Pro. Then I got sick and almost died. But now I'm back, looking forward to getting another Mac... 25 years on.

I am not a computer expert by any stretch. So hopefully the experts here will have some patience if I ask a question that has been answered a thousand times before. My fields of knowledge include real estate, equities and Six Sigma. So if I can help you with any of those areas, I'd be happy to try. In personal interests, I am a Formula One fanatic. And cars are my passion... Jaguars, specifically (as you might have guessed from my handle). So if there are any F1 or ALMS/Le Mans fans here, please speak up.

Nice to meet everyone. I look forward to getting some direction and advice on picking out the portable Mac system that best fits my needs.
If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
post #2 of 5
Cheers and welcome. BTW I've always been a Lamborghini fan. Seeing it in action in GT300 was quite a moment during a recent SuperGT event where I am ...Even though it was just a practice round. You get to see what it's meant to do instead of being pranced around outside dance clubs.
post #3 of 5
No beer?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

No beer?

Only if you promise to put out.
post #5 of 5
F1 is fun, but the best driver in the world right now is a WRC man: Seb Loeb.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Is this the proper place for a person to introduce himself?