or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama Gaffes, Insults Blacks, Media Ignores

Obama Gaffes, Insults Blacks, Media Ignores

post #1 of 36
In recent weeks, Obama has made some gaffes that would have instantly been favorite "Bushisms" if they were uttered by the former President. As usual, most of the media gives Obama a pass.

1. Obama says we built the "Intercontinental Railroad" once in an interview, and again in a speech.

2. Obama recently gave a "fiery speech" to the Congressiona Black Caucus. By "fiery" I mean he did his best impression of a black preacher, telling them to "stop crying" and "stop complaining. Even certified nutbag Maxine Waters took issue with this one.

3. Here's an interesting one. Obama said "Jews" instead of "Janitor."

Those are the recent ones. While some of the media have covered it, it's interesting that Obama is still considered much more intelligent than former President Bush, especially after these previous gaffes:

--Obama can't pronounce Navy "Corpsman"

--Obama thinks there are 57/58 States.

---Obama thinks Austrian is a language.

---Obama thinks that 10,000 people died in a tornado

---Obama awarded the MoH to someone "alive" who was actually dead.

---Obama doesn't know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let's be clear...I am not stating Obama is stupid. But how can he be considered to be smarter than the former President? Any Republican would have been crucified over any one of these comments. But Obama? It might be mentioned in the context of "Republicans are attacking Obama over____________" Where are the SNL parodies? Where is Stewart? Colbert? Apparently these gaffes are excused away. "Well listen, people get tired, he has a lot on his plate, it was just a simple misstatement," we hear. But that Bush? Now that guy really was a retard! I mean, listen to him. The difference is that Obama is smart!

Why does anyone believe that, exactly?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 36
17 views, no responses. Put another check mark on the "pass" card.
post #3 of 36
I also remember that after the Fort Hood massacre occurred, Obama was at some event and when he went on stage to speak, he proceeded to give shout-outs to a few people in the audience before he got around to remarking on the massacre.

There is also the case of the "beer summit" and the outrageous accusations by Obama when he basically blamed the police and sided with his friend instead, no doubt motivated by race.

The media would have pounded on Bush if Bush had made been making the same amount of embarrassing and ridiculous blunders and gaffes that Obama has been making these past years. Instead, they are all quiet about it, because most of them are busy covering for him and getting thrills up their legs whenever Obama is mentioned.

It is a pure myth that Obama is a very intelligent person. He's not a retard, but he's certainly not extremely intelligent and I would rate him as being of average intelligence and also very thin skinned. It is quite frightening and disturbing to see how some of his fans and followers treat him as if he were some kind of messiah. These people should seek psychiatric care pronto.

The MSM totally failed the American public when they decided to not properly vet Obama, as they would have with any other candidate. We are seeing the disastrous results of that grave betrayal today as a person who is totally unqualified and inexperienced to lead the country somehow became President. A 10 year old with a lemonade stand has more business experience than Obama.
post #4 of 36
I was wondering when someone would get around to mentioning the abysmal Jew/Janitor gaffe.

That one alone is worse than just about anything Bush ever said.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #5 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I also remember that after the Fort Hood massacre occurred, Obama was at some event and when he went on stage to speak, he proceeded to give shout-outs to a few people in the audience before he got around to remarking on the massacre.

Don't remember that one.

Quote:

There is also the case of the "beer summit" and the outrageous accusations by Obama when he basically blamed the police and sided with his friend instead, no doubt motivated by race.

Possibly. I left that one out....totally horrendous.

Quote:

The media would have pounded on Bush if Bush had made been making the same amount of embarrassing and ridiculous blunders and gaffes that Obama has been making these past years. Instead, they are all quiet about it, because most of them are busy covering for him and getting thrills up their legs whenever Obama is mentioned.

It is a pure myth that Obama is a very intelligent person. He's not a retard, but he's certainly not extremely intelligent and I would rate him as being of average intelligence and also very thin skinned. It is quite frightening and disturbing to see how some of his fans and followers treat him as if he were some kind of messiah. These people should seek psychiatric care pronto.

Agreed.

Quote:

The MSM totally failed the American public when they decided to not properly vet Obama, as they would have with any other candidate. We are seeing the disastrous results of that grave betrayal today as a person who is totally unqualified and inexperienced to lead the country somehow became President. A 10 year old with a lemonade stand has more business experience than Obama.

Agreed as well.
post #6 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Don't remember that one.

It was widely covered at the time and it was not exactly a shining moment for Obama. Some leftists blame Bush for sitting in a classroom for a few minutes after he was told about what was happening on 9/11. At least Bush didn't begin giving shoutouts to the crowd after he was informed about the situation, which is precisely what Obama did after he found out about multiple dead US soldiers while the tragedy was still unfolding.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/polit...President.html
post #7 of 36
Only managed to get to one link so far, the MoH link.

Certainly reflects badly on Obama. I suspect though, he was getting muddled with another event, hence the nonsense.

At least he talks in a relatively relaxed, coherent and open way...the same cannot be said for Bush.

Take your pick.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #8 of 36
Quote:

It was widely covered at the time and it was not exactly a shining moment for Obama. Some leftists blame Bush for sitting in a classroom for a few minutes after he was told about what was happening on 9/11. At least Bush didn't begin giving shoutouts to the crowd after he was informed about the situation, which is precisely what Obama did after he found out about multiple dead US soldiers while the tragedy was still unfolding.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/polit...President.html

Well I certainly can see the reason behind Mr. Georges take on things :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._George_(pundit)

Quote:
Robert A George is an editorial writer for the New York Post and a conservative/libertarian blogger and pundit. He was born in Trinidad and lived in the United Kingdom before moving to the United States. A graduate of St. John's College in Annapolis, Maryland, George worked for the Republican National Committee and, following the 1994 midterm elections, Speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich.
In addition to his position with the New York Post, George also has appeared on the CNN public affairs program Take 5 and regularly appears on other political affairs programs. George has written for the conservative National Review and the libertarian Reason. He also writes for the Huffington Post and sponsors his own group political/cultural blog, Ragged Thots.[1] In addition, George occasionally moonlights as a stand-up comic.[2]

Uh huh.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #9 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._George_(pundit)

Uh huh.

So you felt his speech and remarks were just fine and that he was correct to have the "shout out" and the light hearted talk before getting to the more serious matters at hand, correct?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #10 of 36
Quote:

Uh huh.

Ok, I see, so you don't like the source, even if what they might be writing about makes sense. I'd never even heard of that guy before, but it says in your own link that he's appeared on CNN and even writes for the Huffington Post! Is the Huffington Post too conservative for you? I think that you're really digging and you are searching for any reason to excuse Obama's enormous blunder.

Well, here is a source that nobody can dispute or complain about.

This is the pathetic video of Obama at that event, where he's giving shoutouts, thanking people and doing all sorts of nonsense. It's not until 2 minutes into the speech that he even begins to mention the massacre. I bet that most people watching it live were like WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNN_ETf50o
post #11 of 36
And I know it may seem like a nitpick, except to the ones that earned it, but you don't "win" a medal of honor. You earn it with bravery, devotion, and at times your life. It is not a prize, it is an honor.

If you wonder why I say this, in the video he calls out to the "medal of honor winner".
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #12 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

And I know it may seem like a nitpick, except to the ones that earned it, but you don't "win" a medal of honor. You earn it with bravery, devotion, and at times your life. It is not a prize, it is an honor.

If you wonder why I say this, in the video he calls out to the "medal of honor winner".

Maybe Obama got it mixed up with his own prize that he won, without having done anything at all to deserve it?

Obama did win a Nobel Peace prize and he certainly didn't earn it. I'm pretty sure that most people think that it was a bit premature. The guy hadn't even done anything yet! Leftist Norwegians are extremely ideology driven and they have basically tarnished the whole Nobel Peace prize and turned it into a worthless prize.
post #13 of 36
Quote:

In recent weeks, Obama has made some gaffes that would have instantly been favorite "Bushisms" if they were uttered by the former President. As usual, most of the media gives Obama a pass.

1. Obama says we built the "Intercontinental Railroad" once in an interview, and again in a speech.

2. Obama recently gave a "fiery speech" to the Congressiona Black Caucus. By "fiery" I mean he did his best impression of a black preacher, telling them to "stop crying" and "stop complaining. Even certified nutbag Maxine Waters took issue with this one.

3. Here's an interesting one. Obama said "Jews" instead of "Janitor."

Those are the recent ones. While some of the media have covered it, it's interesting that Obama is still considered much more intelligent than former President Bush, especially after these previous gaffes:

--Obama can't pronounce Navy "Corpsman"

--Obama thinks there are 57/58 States.

---Obama thinks Austrian is a language.

---Obama thinks that 10,000 people died in a tornado

---Obama awarded the MoH to someone "alive" who was actually dead.

---Obama doesn't know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let's be clear...I am not stating Obama is stupid. But how can he be considered to be smarter than the former President? Any Republican would have been crucified over any one of these comments. But Obama? It might be mentioned in the context of "Republicans are attacking Obama over____________" Where are the SNL parodies? Where is Stewart? Colbert? Apparently these gaffes are excused away. "Well listen, people get tired, he has a lot on his plate, it was just a simple misstatement," we hear. But that Bush? Now that guy really was a retard! I mean, listen to him. The difference is that Obama is smart!

Why does anyone believe that, exactly?

When he mentioned Jews that was a slip of the tongue. He is shrewd Obama and knows what he is doing in front of the public not like Bush who is really slow and pathetic as a leader.
post #14 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Only managed to get to one link so far, the MoH link.

Certainly reflects badly on Obama. I suspect though, he was getting muddled with another event, hence the nonsense.

At least he talks in a relatively relaxed, coherent and open way...the same cannot be said for Bush.

Take your pick.

No, he does not. I've seen him stumble at least as much as Bush, if not more. It's the way it's covered. Here's a perfect example:

AP called "racist" after accurately transcribing Obama CBC speech.

(it's from infowars, but it's a good article).

I distinctly recall Bush's words being reported verbatim, with dropped g's, pauses and even the "[untelligible]" reference being thrown in. The media covers for Obama. It excuses his blunders. Off prompter, Obama often sounds either like a blithering idiot, or a condescending jackass.
post #15 of 36
Quote:

No, he does not. I've seen him stumble at least as much as Bush, if not more. It's the way it's covered. Here's a perfect example:

AP called "racist" after accurately transcribing Obama CBC speech.

(it's from infowars, but it's a good article).

I distinctly recall Bush's words being reported verbatim, with dropped g's, pauses and even the "[untelligible]" reference being thrown in. The media covers for Obama. It excuses his blunders. Off prompter, Obama often sounds either like a blithering idiot, or a condescending jackass.

Er.. he did not drop the "g". Listen to it again, closely.

post #16 of 36

post #17 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

When he mentioned Jews that was a slip of the tongue.

Does that make it OK? Of course it was a slip of the tongue. The question is why he made that slip.

Quote:
He is shrewd Obama

Obama shrewd is not, says I.

Quote:

and knows what he is doing in front of the public not like Bush

The point is he doesn't. He's probably even worse at public speaking...but the media portrays it differently.

Quote:
who is really slow and pathetic as a leader.

"Slow" as in mentally challenged? I'd love to see some real evidence of that. And what does "pathetic" mean? Bush got nearly everything he wanted. He had clear stances. Obama has failed at nearly everything he has done in office.
post #18 of 36
What mistake is Obama supposed to have made about the Intercontinental Railroad?

post #19 of 36
Quote:

Which part? He used a black dialect, or as Harry Reid would say, a "negro dialect."
post #20 of 36
Quote:

What mistake is Obama supposed to have made about the Intercontinental Railroad?

You're kidding, right?
post #21 of 36
Quote:

Unless there is a train to another continent that I and others are unaware of he may have actually meant the "Transcontinental Railroad".

Perhaps?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #22 of 36
Quote:

An intercontinental railroad connects continents. What was built in the US is a transcontinental railroad. I'm sure at least one man in Crawford knows the difference.
post #23 of 36
Maybe the reason Obama didn't really distinguish himself in Hyde Park, Springfield or Washington DC was because he's really not that bright or spectacular. While the media was Scouring Wasilla no one got around to the Midway.

Fucking pathetic and they don't even know it.
post #24 of 36
Quote:

Did you listen to the whole thing? Starting at about 1:05 he seriously relaxed his pronunciation of most of his words and went into an easier, more laid back speech pattern. If you cannot hear it, then you are not very perceptive. Is there anything wrong with him doing it? Absolutely not. Is there anything wrong with transcribing it that way? Absolutely not. Is there anything wrong with calling the transcriber a racist for doing it? Yes, there absolutely is.

In fact, the transcription here does not go far enough:

Quote:
“Take off your bedroom slippers. Put on your marching shoes,” Obama lectured the audience. “Shake it off. Stop complainin’. Stop grumblin’. Stop cryin’. We are going to press on. We have work to do.”

Should actually be:

Quote:
“Take off your bedroom slippers. Put on your marching shoes,” Obama lectured the audience. “Shake it off. Stop complainin’. Stop grumblin’. Stop cryin’. We are gonna press on. We've got work, to do.”
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #25 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Did you listen to the whole thing? Starting at about 1:05 he seriously relaxed his pronunciation of most of his words and went into an easier, more laid back speech pattern. If you cannot hear it, then you are not very perceptive. Is there anything wrong with him doing it? Absolutely not. Is there anything wrong with transcribing it that way? Absolutely not. Is there anything wrong with calling the transcriber a racist for doing it? Yes, there absolutely is.

In fact, the transcription here does not go far enough:

Should actually be:

I didn't think the transcriber or whatever they're called deserved being called racist. I think it's silly of Obama to speak in that manner too. All it does is encourage it. But I think he was saying "ing" not "in" even though.

Oh, and I appreciate being taught the meaning of "intercontinental"!

post #26 of 36
Quote:

Does that make it OK? Of course it was a slip of the tongue. The question is why he made that slip.

Obama shrewd is not, says I.

The point is he doesn't. He's probably even worse at public speaking...but the media portrays it differently.

"Slow" as in mentally challenged? I'd love to see some real evidence of that. And what does "pathetic" mean? Bush got nearly everything he wanted. He had clear stances. Obama has failed at nearly everything he has done in office.

Bush got us into this financial fiasco with 2 wars for no reason especially Iraq. No one is perfect! Obama since he started as president the main goal of the Republicans to make him a one term president in which they are trying to do for 3 years.It is disgusting the way they treat Obama as a human being! Insults constantly.
post #27 of 36
Quote:

Obama since he started as president the main goal of the Republicans to make him a one term president in which they are trying to do for 3 years.It is disgusting the way they treat Obama as a human being! Insults constantly.

This is lunacy. It's a regular Democratic political talking point but lunacy none the less.

Bush I contended with a Democratic Congress, who were keen on making him break the 'No New Taxes' pledge so he would be a one term president. Clinton had to contend with a Republican Congress that was no less keen on bringing him down for electoral reasons.

This is how politics works. U.S. voters seem to like splitting the executive and congress among the two parties so that one can keep the other in check. And somehow, other presidents have still managed to accomplish big things.

If Obama can't, it's not the fault of a Congress that is in no way overwhelmingly dominated by any one party.
post #28 of 36
Yea like Democrats weren't trying to make Bush a one termer.
post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Yea like Democrats weren't trying to make Bush a one termer.

With the Iraq war Bush didn't need much help. Sadly in 2004 the Democrats somehow imploded at the last minute.
post #30 of 36
Quote:

Ok, I see, so you don't like the source, even if what they might be writing about makes sense. I'd never even heard of that guy before, but it says in your own link that he's appeared on CNN and even writes for the Huffington Post! Is the Huffington Post too conservative for you? I think that you're really digging and you are searching for any reason to excuse Obama's enormous blunder.

This is the pathetic video of Obama at that event, where he's giving shoutouts, thanking people and doing all sorts of nonsense. It's not until 2 minutes into the speech that he even begins to mention the massacre. I bet that most people watching it live were like WTF?

Had our situations been reversed you would have done the same thing. Also to make your Huffington Post comment valid please supply a link to an article by him on that same subject on the Huffington Post.

And since you like Youtube so much here's my favorite video on there :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5LH7pxOW2o

Enjoy!
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

With the Iraq war Bush didn't need much help. ...

Neither does Obama.
post #32 of 36
Quote:

Neither does Obama.

Mr. Peace Prize winner is involved in Libya also, what a mess that is turning out to be. The US should never have gotten involved in that fiasco. I don't support what's happening there.

'Days, not weeks'.

In an attempt to be non-partisan, just about the only thing that I can think of where I can give Obama props is when Bin Laden got popped. Obama has been a complete disaster on the world stage when it comes to foreign policy. I find him to be very naive.
post #33 of 36
Quote:

And since you like Youtube so much here's my favorite video on there :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5LH7pxOW2o

Enjoy!

And I can link to plenty of Obama Gaffes too on youtube. The point is that the media went ballistic whenever Bush made a blunder and that same media excuses, ignores and in some cases, it intentionally doesn't report it when Obama is committing one of his numerous gaffes and blunders. They're censoring the news that they report, because they treat Obama differently.

Obama's MANY Gaffes #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hZpJp7U3Y

7 Lies In Under 2 Minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UErR7...eature=related

Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania I - Dumber than Dumb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Cg_FDRy4
post #34 of 36
Quote:

Bush got us into this financial fiasco with 2 wars for no reason especially Iraq.

the Iraq War is not the reason we are in this "financial fiasco." It's not even close. The cost of BOTH the Iraq and Afgahnistan wars to date is about $1.25 Trillion. That's over ten years. The amount is less than our current ANNUAL deficit. Get real.

Quote:
No one is perfect! Obama since he started as president the main goal of the Republicans to make him a one term president in which they are trying to do for 3 years.It is disgusting the way they treat Obama as a human being! Insults constantly.

What is disgusting...their criticism of his POLICIES? They want him to be a one-term President because they think he's a disaster, which he is. In fact, the vast majority of conservative criticism is about policy, not Obama personally. It certainly has nothing to do with race.
post #35 of 36
Quote:

An intercontinental railroad connects continents. What was built in the US is a transcontinental railroad. I'm sure at least one man in Crawford knows the difference.

Apparently he wasn't kidding.
post #36 of 36
Quote:

I remember now. Horrific.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama Gaffes, Insults Blacks, Media Ignores