or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iOS grows to 23% of worldwide smartphone shipments

Apple's iOS grows to 23% of worldwide smartphone shipments - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Most Android phones aren't used as smartphones.

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I don't know, if Apple decides to stick with 3.5" will you buy a new one? A better question is do you think the current 3.5" is to small. I think so but I own a phone with a 5.3" display, it has completely ruined me for smaller displayed phones. The size is so useful that I'm leaving my normal tablet behind more and more and using my phone more, I even installed the tablet version of Android on it. Do you think surfing the internet is comfortable enough on a 3.5", have you ever not used the zoom feature to view a website.

I use reader.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter236 View Post

A 4.5" iPhone is needed to beat the competition. No one will by a small 3.5" screen that does not display enough.

It amazes me that people can make such statements, apparently without even thinking about the facts.

The 3 iPhone models are among the top selling phones (#1, 2, and 3 for 2011, but I think #1, 2, and 5 for the last few months). How do you reconcile that with your statement that no one will buy a 3.5" iPhone?

Now, it may be that Apple will introduce a larger phone. It may even be a positive and might even help sells. But statements like "no one will buy a small 3.5" screen" are ridiculous.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It amazes me that people can make such statements, apparently without even thinking about the facts.
The 3 iPhone models are among the top selling phones (#1, 2, and 3 for 2011, but I think #1, 2, and 5 for the last few months). How do you reconcile that with your statement that no one will buy a 3.5" iPhone?
Now, it may be that Apple will introduce a larger phone. It may even be a positive and might even help sells. But statements like "no one will buy a small 3.5" screen" are ridiculous.

Reminds me of the famous Yoggi Berra quote where he said about a restaurant, "Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded."

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaw99 View Post

Apple is still leading in profits which what companies care about.  If it wants to gain significantly more market share (and that may not be a desirable thing if it cuts into profits), it needs to offer different size phones (ie a 4" iPhone 5 and a 3.5" 4s which very well may happen) and offer an inexpensive 3GS in markets where phones are not subsidized.

What's an iPhone 5? Why an iPhone 3GS rather than an iPhone 4?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iOS grows to 23% of worldwide smartphone shipments