or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › iPad gives Apple market-leading 19% share of PC shipments

iPad gives Apple market-leading 19% share of PC shipments - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

I'll also point out that many -- if not most -- routers have featured a browser-based admin interface over the past ten years. You connect to the router via WiFi, enter the admin login and password (per the user manual) and begin configuration.
But keep pumping out nonsensical, poorly reasoned blathering. It fits in well with much of the other commentary here at AppleInsider.

Pray tell me how you connect to a NEW router using WiFi when the WiFi hasn't been set up? Answer - you initially need an ETHERNET connection which Oh Lordy! the iPad doesn't have...

Shut up and go away, you useless, pathetic FUDmonger - Tallest Skil
Shut up and go away, you useless, pathetic FUDmonger - Tallest Skil
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by nht View Post

Why are 4 & 6 irrelevant?  That's the only things I need my desktop for: ilife, itunes and pixelmator.  And development but that's not normal.

7 is very useful if you share the device.  I have 2 ipads and 3 kids plus the wife and I.

3 kids?? Are you insane??

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by agramonte View Post

nonsense!...

you need a computer to make the website you visit... to design the magazine you read.... to code the APP you use... to render the movies you rent... if it was not for an actual computer you would do nothing with an ipad.
only way you think an ipad is in the same as a MAC is if you make nothing - it is an insult to lump a MAC running OSX with the mickey mouse iOS and a toy like an iPad.

Even Apple keeps them apart. 

Some of those things are valid but how much of it is due to a lack of apps? Here's an app for web development for example:

http://horseandtherook.com/gusto/#

One for making books:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/09/book-creator-for-ipad-makes-e-book-publishing-easy/

With iMovie, you can do rough edits, if they put FCPX on there it takes it up a notch. Same with Aperture. They have Photoshop Touch too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hej8N1Me0

The fact is, the iPad is running a desktop-class operating system. Now, while the iPhone is running the exact same OS and isn't defined as a PC, the screen size and usage scenarios have to come into it.

I've seen people replace laptops with iPads as their only device too and they couldn't replace them with a phone.

When the iPad was a slave device, it could never replace other machines but now that it's a master device, that is no longer true and I think it is valid to class it as a PC.
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

3 kids?? Are you insane??

If not before then certainly now.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › iPad gives Apple market-leading 19% share of PC shipments