or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Online Apple Store, AT&T site both down as iPhone 5 pre-orders loom

Online Apple Store, AT&T site both down as iPhone 5 pre-orders loom - Page 2

post #41 of 114

Just tried ordering through AT&T by going through my account. After showing a picture of the iPhone 5 and showing that my wife's line was eligible for an upgrade, I was given this error:

Quote:

There was a problem with your request.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience.
(P1234)

post #42 of 114
Finished placing the order through Apple's website. ATT started taking orders at 2:55 A.M. EST ... however, the website crashed several times while I was using it and it could not complete the order ... I tried for a full 5-6 minutes until Apple's site tarted to take orders. My order for a Black 64GB iPhone 5 was complete on Apple's site in literally 3 minutes. ATT not only missed out on my business, but probably the business of thousands ... they suck!
post #43 of 114

Iphone store app was live right away, easy to use. 

post #44 of 114

Done. No problems upgrading on AT&T's site.

post #45 of 114

HA!
Guess what, the Apple Store app worked just fine.  Already got my confirmation email from Apple, took less than 5 minutes to complete!  DONE!

post #46 of 114

Still can't get in form east coast to either apple or ATT... Apple store still showing offline for maintenance...

post #47 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Just tried ordering through AT&T by going through my account. After showing a picture of the iPhone 5 and showing that my wife's line was eligible for an upgrade, I was given this error:

I had the same thing happen.  Neither Apple Store or AT&T's Big Event are going past the pre-midnight status for me ...

post #48 of 114
NOT SELLING UNLOCKED is the headline for your next story. I am pissed. If I'm willing to shell out over $1,000 for an unlocked iPhone why should I have to wait til later to be allowed to buy one that way?

Six x 3.5GHz '14 MP, 64GB, 1TB PCIe, 16TB HDs
2.6GHz 6GB 17"HD LED MBP, Sony 52XBR6 HDTV
EyeTV 500, Hybrid 2G, EyeTV 3 HDTV Recorder
64 ATT iPhone 5S, 128 ATT iPad Air, 128 ATT iPad miniRetina, 16...

Six x 3.5GHz '14 MP, 64GB, 1TB PCIe, 16TB HDs
2.6GHz 6GB 17"HD LED MBP, Sony 52XBR6 HDTV
EyeTV 500, Hybrid 2G, EyeTV 3 HDTV Recorder
64 ATT iPhone 5S, 128 ATT iPad Air, 128 ATT iPad miniRetina, 16...

post #49 of 114

Sprint keeps crashing and Apple is not up at all for me at 3:11am.

TAKE MY MONEY DAMIT!!!!

post #50 of 114

I am getting we will be back still.  Why can't Apple ever get this preorder thing right.

post #51 of 114

Same here... att and apple web site showing down. I was able to use the app with no problem though.

post #52 of 114

Shift+F5

post #53 of 114

It's MUCH easier to just order from the Apple Store app. No waiting, no refreshing, and it's fast. Learned that the hard way back wit the iPhone 4.

Ordered my iPhone 5 with a few button clicks.

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 / iMac 27" 2.8 Quad i7 / 17" Macbook Pro Unibody / Mac Mini HTPC / iPhone 6 Plus 64GB /iPad with Retina Display 64 GB
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 / iMac 27" 2.8 Quad i7 / 17" Macbook Pro Unibody / Mac Mini HTPC / iPhone 6 Plus 64GB /iPad with Retina Display 64 GB
post #54 of 114
Ordered on iPad via the app store. Back to bed.
post #55 of 114

Use the Apple store app!! very fast do meow before everything crashes

post #56 of 114

Got my order in. Just kept on hitting refresh starting about 11:59, but couldn't get through. Not sure if it made a difference, but I went into private mode on Safari to make sure that the website was loading and I wasn't just reloading a cached version. After going into private mode, it loaded first time.

post #57 of 114

Hey everyone, I just ordered mine through the Apple Store app without any problems.  Already received my confirmation email.  Was having trouble with Apple Store and AT&T web sites.  Good Luck to everyone else, I'm heading back to bed.  Can't wait till next Friday.

post #58 of 114

Just completed my order on the Apple Store.  Was relatively prompt.  

post #59 of 114

Yes same here,

Online site is still out so I tried the Apple Store App a few clicks and I already have my conformation email

post #60 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

I had both windows open, but AT&T went live right on time so I went with them.

I just finished pre-ordering 2 unlocked phones from the Apple Store (Canada) - I couldn't decide which colour I liked best so I ordered 1 of each. The estimated delivery date shows as 9/21-9/25.

One thing I noticed - on the Accessories page, it says the following:

Additional Lightning to 30-pin Adapter

Your iPhone includes a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter for connecting 30-pin accessories to devices featuring the Lightning connector. Purchase this additional adapter to have a second adapter for your home or office.

Is a 30-pin adapter really included, or is this an error? FWIW the "In the box" section does not list it as being included.
post #61 of 114

Just placed an order through Apple's website. Was also able to get 1 extra bonus point per dollar spent with my Chase CC. Score!! :)

post #62 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

It's MUCH easier to just order from the Apple Store app. No waiting, no refreshing, and it's fast. Learned that the hard way back wit the iPhone 4.

Ordered my iPhone 5 with a few button clicks.

THAT'S what I did last year. I completely forgot about that. I couldn't get in because both sites kept crashing, so I tried the mobile app and was done in minutes.

post #63 of 114

I got my order in on AT&T at about 11:50 luckily, because now the site is down now. 

post #64 of 114

0:20 PDT and apple is still down.  Verizon accepted a *new* line order for my wife (xfer from AT&T) but AT&T is still stuck on upgrade verification.  Same AT&T error.

post #65 of 114

Launch time was Friday 5pm in Sydney. I had an alarm set to remind myself, switched to the Apple Store App on my current iPhone and was finished in about 30 seconds. Way to drop $999 in a hurry, and definitely beat queueing up next week.

post #66 of 114

Yup, both Apple web and Sprint sites are down but using the Apple Store app on my iPad worked just fine :)

post #67 of 114

ATT's site has been stalling and timing out so I went to apple and got my order through.

post #68 of 114

Ordered via Apple site few mins ago, little slow but pretty painless. I think unless you are getting an opening you will see We will be back, that's how they are load balancing. Try the app!

I'm not a pessimist. I'm an optimist, with experience.
I'm not a pessimist. I'm an optimist, with experience.
post #69 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkstr360 View Post

Same here... att and apple web site showing down. I was able to use the app with no problem though.

Haha, where were you guys 1/2 an hour ago? Anyways, I'll remember the app for next time (though I didn't have any problems ordering online this time, aside from having to wait an extra 4 minutes for the Apple Store to come online).

post #70 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIA View Post

One thing I noticed - on the Accessories page, it says the following:

Additional Lightning to 30-pin Adapter

Your iPhone includes a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter for connecting 30-pin accessories to devices featuring the Lightning connector. Purchase this additional adapter to have a second adapter for your home or office.

Is a 30-pin adapter really included, or is this an error? FWIW the "In the box" section does not list it as being included.

I think it's just worded oddly, as I haven't heard anything about an adapter being included with the phones themselves. Would be nice, as that would save me 30 bucks, but oh well. My fault for buying a car with a hardwired OEM connector.

post #71 of 114

FIREFOX PRIVATE BROWSING WORKS FOR APPLE.COM

LOG ONTO TO APPLE.COM IN "PRIVATE BROWSING"

post #72 of 114

that actually worked!  I couldn't find the no contract option though

post #73 of 114

Well I'll be, the Apple store app really did work. But then I just check the store on my MBP and that finally loaded up too. No biggie, got my confirmation email already.

post #74 of 114

Went thru the Apple Store, my first (16 white att) is "reserved".  The second, 32 blk att, went thru.  Need to wait on the reservation email...

post #75 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

Ordered via Apple site few mins ago, little slow but pretty painless. I think unless you are getting an opening you will see We will be back, that's how they are load balancing. Try the app!

That's strange, my ISP is in Hong Kong and I've had no problems accessing the Apple Store since it came back online (albeit 4 minutes later than scheduled).

post #76 of 114
Still down and it is 02:27 CST. I wonder what the heck is going on.
post #77 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by senator2001 View Post

that actually worked!  I couldn't find the no contract option though

The no-contract option is not available yet in the US.

post #78 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsonice View Post

Still down and it is 02:27 CST. I wonder what the heck is going on.

Try clearing your browser cache/cookies or switching to private browsing mode.

post #79 of 114

Just finished . Firefox both Apple and AT&T down. Downloaded app store on the iPhone, right in no problem. Use the App Store for iphone.

post #80 of 114

Done here!  Placed the order through Apple's site, no issues or slow page loading.  Got my confirmation email, smooth sailing so far.  =)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Online Apple Store, AT&T site both down as iPhone 5 pre-orders loom