or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Apple to vastly expand color options with this year's 'iPhone 5S' & low-cost iPhone

Rumor: Apple to vastly expand color options with this year's 'iPhone 5S' & low-cost iPhone - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

Apple might introduce 3 not 2 new iPhone's later this year. A low-cost re-engineered 5c with the non-metallic case (ceramic or plastic) in multiple colours, a 5s with upgraded internals and maybe more colours also, and a 5x with a similar spec to the 5s but with a 5 inch display and 'x' designated SoC (like the iPad 4) to handle the extra resolution. 

I like your plan. :)

post #42 of 48
Id love me a ProductRED iPhone!
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
post #43 of 48

I waited in line for the first White iPhone 3G.  Back then the screen and bezel were black and the back was white.  Why Apple thought a White face was a good idea is beyond me.  Maybe they though the white back was not as noticeble or something...but to me that goes against the idea of being true to what it's function is.  The bezel shoudl be black and always black.  The high contrast of the white is too distracting and just plan ugly IMO.  It sounds stupid but the lack of a black bezel on the MBA always bugged me too.  Looks old and cheap..even though it aluminum.  I was really hoping the iPhone 5 would do away with the white bezel but alas it hasn't.  Give me an aluminum body and black bezel please!!!  If there's a less expensive iPhone in plastic, give the white one a black bezel.  Looking at the iPod touches and Nanos all with white bezels...my god their hideous.  Not to mention the black aluminum unibody is only coated and will expose the raw aluminum with use and wear.

post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

Apple might introduce 3 not 2 new iPhone's later this year. A low-cost re-engineered 5c with the non-metallic case (ceramic or plastic) in multiple colours, a 5s with upgraded internals and maybe more colours also, and a 5x with a similar spec to the 5s just with a 5 inch display and 'x' designated SoC (like the iPad 4) to handle the extra resolution. 

I'd love to see that. However, if they change the unibody to something that's not identical to the iPhone 5, it will have a different nomenclature.  I'm not saying it's not possible to do in a 5" iphone with the iP5 unibody, but in a plastic body?  Probably not.

Starting from the iPHone 4 i started using cases...mainly because i don't like the hard/squared/chamfered edges of either the 4 or 5.  and the iPhone 5 is so much thinner that to me it's even more uncomfortable to hold and grip naturally.  But that's just me.

Offering the iPhone in any other color than black or silver makes little sence.  Most people put cases on their phones anyway, so what's the point?  Sure there's others that use them naked at well.  Yeah it worked for the nano and cheaper models but those are not $700+(retail) devices.  It's a whole matter of what do they do with the Gold (and other odd colors) that don't sell as well.

you walk into a retailer and only find every color you don't want is available.  That's just annoying.

Edited by antkm1 - 5/25/13 at 1:18am
post #45 of 48
Of COURSE they're going to release a new iPhone in a week or two. I just bought a new iPhone 5, so it's bound to happen.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

Offering the iPhone in any other color than black or silver makes little sence.  Most people put cases on their phones anyway, so what's the point?  

Yup. I only know one person that uses his iphone 4 caseless and only because he got it used from a friend and the corners have cracked glass already.

With a phone that is made of aluminum and glass, it's stupid not to use at least a basic bumper. Plus if you have your phone for 1.5 - 2 years some people like to change up their cases because they get bored with the same look. I know I have and so has my girlfriend. So black and white or black and silver does make the most sense. How many people have complained that the iphone doesn't come in multiple colors so far?  

post #47 of 48

I love to get a new iPhone 5S in either a yellow or blue color! 

Even the orange would be different - warm looking! 

I hope the step it up in the technology inside with an A7, 2GB RAM and option for 128GB storage flash memory.  Don't need the finger print technology however.  It would be nice to have color options which will get sales going for upgrades and for new buyers that did not like just the white and black. 

post #48 of 48
Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

I hope the step it up in the technology inside with an A7, 2GB RAM and option for 128GB storage flash memory.

2GB of RAM? No way.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Rumor: Apple to vastly expand color options with this year's 'iPhone 5S' & low-cost iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Apple to vastly expand color options with this year's 'iPhone 5S' & low-cost iPhone