or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Google refreshes Nexus 7 with twice iPad mini's pixel count, for $100 less
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google refreshes Nexus 7 with twice iPad mini's pixel count, for $100 less - Page 3

post #81 of 164

For most consumers, this will be known as the "cheaper iPad mini that runs Android."  

 

Just as a lot of folks call Galaxy Phones "the Samsung iPhone." 

post #82 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post


Apple didn't get where it is by running from challenges.  They seem to be asking themselves, "How can we make useful things simple?" 

 

Multiple user accounts are useful on tablets.  I'd wager Apple will add them in under two years.

 

Unless they get serious competition, it's not in their best interest fiscally to do so. From their point of view, it's better to encourage each person to get an iPad as a personal device.

post #83 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

 

Unless they get serious competition, it's not in their best interest fiscally to do so. From their point of view, it's better to encourage each person to get an iPad as a personal device.


I can appreciate that argument on purely capitalistic terms, and I recognize that Apple's in business to make money.

 

But on the other hand, when it comes to sacrificing utility for an artificial boost in profits, that doesn't seem Apple's way.  Sure, they make good money, but it seems mostly from delivering utility, not from hampering it.

 

And besides, given the trend in relative market share, my prediction and yours may be very much in synch after all.

post #84 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post


Which apps where those, they weren't in the top 500 that is for sure. I haven't seen that since Android version 2.3. All new apps are written for dynamic resolutions, their is no longer a set resolution. There are some apps that use lower resolution but these are either very old or poorly programmed and no one uses them.

 

Nah, when it first came out there was almost nothing optimised for it.  At least I couldn't find much.  You don't get to make first impressions twice either.  

 

Personally, I find Google's form factor almost impossible to thumb-type on at all.  It's to narrow, and the keyboard keys are all weirdly "extra" narrow.  It's like they don't even care or are expecting people to use typing cases like Microsoft does.  Despite the prevalence of typing cases and add-on keyboards, the iPad and the iPad mini especially, have the great advantage of actually not being that bad to type on whereas every Android tablet I've tried has had an absolutely horrible virtual keyboard.  

 

When you add in the fact that they are taller and heavier and are always trying to flip out of your fingers as a result, it's a piss-poor typing experience all round.  Android tablets seem to be mostly for teenagers to watch videos on IMO.  

post #85 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillio View Post

Google adding multiple accounts will help with one area that should've been addressed in iOS long ago: when I give the iPad to my pre-school daughter, many times she is stuck in an in-app purchase screen and gets frustrated. There should be a solution for it. 

 

I also saw in the comments above that multiple users is very complicated to implement. Since when did something complicated keep Apple from improving the experience of their users?

 

Not necessarily complicated coding-wise, but potentially complicated for the user. Multiple users is a hallmark of the PC; the iPad is the anti-PC.

 

For instance, can you transfer files between users? Is music considered a common file, or are duplicates stored on the device? Videos? If I buy an app on one account, is it available for everyone, or just that user? If it's not duplicated data, then either someone could delete it without everyone's permission, or deleting content will require an Admin account. And if it is duplicated, that will further deplete already scarce storage space. Not everyone buys the 64GB or 128GB model. 

 

Right now, an iPad "just works" when you pick it up. Nothing to set up, no administrators needed. It's simple for a user.

 

Making multiple users "simple for a user" is the difficult part. Not impossible, mind you. But challenging.

 

Obviously Apple can tackle "challenging", but it's not currently in their best interest, as it's preferable to them for each person to have their own personal iPad. 

 

A "guest mode" would be much easier on the other hand and would solve a lot of the problems mentioned.

post #86 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Restricted multi-user integration is a smart move and one I wish Apple would implement. When I let someone use my iPad I hate the fact that they have full access to my emails, texts, and other personal info. Of course this is also useful to prevent kids from in-app purchases.

 

People are always asking for this (mostly tech-heads), but I think it's pretty clear if you're honest that the hardware just isn't at the stage where this can be done properly at all.  Maybe a few generations from now, but at the moment the memory and processor limitations make it seem really unlikely to me.  

 

If history repeats itself, Google will cobble together some really crappy, jerky, full-of-security-holes implementation and then crow about it for a few generations as a "difference" between them and Apple.  Then Apple will implement it properly and everyone will be happy.  

post #87 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post


I can appreciate that argument on purely capitalistic terms, and I recognize that Apple's in business to make money.

 

But on the other hand, when it comes to sacrificing utility for an artificial boost in profits, that doesn't seem Apple's way.  Sure, they make good money, but it seems mostly from delivering utility, not from hampering it.

 

And besides, given the trend in relative market share, my prediction and yours may be very much in synch after all.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple did or didn't offer it. It just doesn't seem to be a pressing need (for them) currently. 

 

If they can get the iPad mini under $300 eventually, I think more people will simply buy them for each member of their family. I know my family has just about an iPad for each person, and a lot of people I know. It's viewed as a personal device, not a family device. 

 

As was brought out in an earlier thread, I think iPads have a longer life expectancy than iPhones, so for growth to continue in existing markets, it will mostly be from new users, not upgraders as often (or an upgrader who gifts his old iPad to a family member, which is pretty common). If it's easier for iPads to be shared, I'd think growth would be hurt quite a bit.

post #88 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

 

Unless they get serious competition, it's not in their best interest fiscally to do so. From their point of view, it's better to encourage each person to get an iPad as a personal device.

But even a single user often can need 2 separate accounts to make life easier. One corporate one personal for example. 

 

Blackberry also did that for their new OS and that feature was widely praised for exactly that reason. On my Mac I have 3 users accounts just for myself because I need them. 

 

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

Reply

 

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

Reply
post #89 of 164
OMG what is that little kid doing listening to Spoon?  
As if. 
post #90 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalG View Post


So draw a box on the login screen for another user and voila! Done!

Consider how to restrict or grant access to data/apps on the same device between users? Or can you when you switch, do you actually logout and shutdown or suspend programs or keep them running in the background? How do you determine who gets what storage space? It's certainly not a simple thing to do.

Although most of that, I would say, is not beyond the abilities of Apple's in-house devs, I think the problem lies entirely with third party apps. Let's say you have the same app installed on both user profiles. You could have the app installed twice, which would be wasteful (but simple,) or you have the much more complicated approach of sharing the app between two users. It isn't impossible to imagine that Apple could develop a layer of abstraction above the resources of third party apps that handles some of this, but depending on how the data is stored in the app (game saves, user settings, etc.) a lot of this might make changes to files that are kept in the app's resources, which would not respect the boundaries of multiple user profiles, by default.

The better path is to offer developers of third party apps API's to handle multiple users in a standardized way, but this would be a case by case approach (as apps added the functionality,) which would mean that some apps might need to be installed for each user. This could mean that the limited storage of an iPad would be eaten up by huge amounts of redundancy, and that could have serious "user experience" consequences.

Due to the approach that Apple has taken, apps are not currently written to deal with multiple users, as a rule (although some apps might store all user data/settings remotely, contingent on login, which would mitigate this problem,) and it seems like this would be a significant hurdle to overcome, although you can easily imagine a lot of approaches that Apple might choose.

TL;DR: Third party apps are not currently written to handle multiple users accessing local resources, and the behavior would be unpredictable.

I guess I agree with you, but I think Apple could pretty easily overcome everything except third party data issues, and even that could be addressed with APIs.
post #91 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Nah, when it first came out there was almost nothing optimised for it.  At least I couldn't find much.  You don't get to make first impressions twice either.  

Personally, I find Google's form factor almost impossible to thumb-type on at all.  It's to narrow, and the keyboard keys are all weirdly "extra" narrow.  It's like they don't even care or are expecting people to use typing cases like Microsoft does.  Despite the prevalence of typing cases and add-on keyboards, the iPad and the iPad mini especially, have the great advantage of actually not being that bad to type on whereas every Android tablet I've tried has had an absolutely horrible virtual keyboard.  

When you add in the fact that they are taller and heavier and are always trying to flip out of your fingers as a result, it's a piss-poor typing experience all round.  Android tablets seem to be mostly for teenagers to watch videos on IMO.  

I don't know how the device was when it first came out. I personally don't have one but my son does, he won it at my Christmas party last year. I've tried many apps on it and I just haven't seen any of these inconsistencies some of you are talking about. I would seriously like an example of just one app to check out, I have it in front of me right now.
Edited by Relic - 7/24/13 at 3:21pm
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #92 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmondo View Post

The NAND in the Nexus 7 is not, and never was, faulty.  Try actually reading up on a subject, rather than repeating the same incorrect information over and over again.  Anyway, since you no doubt will not bother - the issue is a driver one which meant that TRIM commands were not properly being issued to clear unused sectors in the NAND.  I wouldn't be surprised if Apple use virtually the same NAND chips in the iPad.


Most of the price differential is likely explained by the *very* different profit margins of the two devices.

I so much am not interested in your opening post, 3 years ago.
post #93 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillio View Post

I cannot send e-mail to a group from my iPhone: why?

Sure you can: create a group in your contact list. Open Mail, create a new email, tap on the top-right + sign, tap on the top-left Groups button.
post #94 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post

Although most of that, I would say, is not beyond the abilities of Apple's in-house devs, I think the problem lies entirely with third party apps. Let's say you have the same app installed on both user profiles. You could have the app installed twice, which would be wasteful (but simple,) or you have the much more complicated approach of sharing the app between two users. It isn't impossible to imagine that Apple could develop a layer of abstraction above the resources of third party apps that handles some of this, but depending on how the data is stored in the app (game saves, user settings, etc.) a lot of this might make changes to files that are kept in the app's resources, which would not respect the boundaries of multiple user profiles, by default.

The better path is to offer developers of third party apps API's to handle multiple users in a standardized way, but this would be a case by case approach (as apps added the functionality,) which would mean that some apps might need to be installed for each user. This could mean that the limited storage of an iPad would be eaten up by huge amounts of redundancy, and that could have serious "user experience" consequences.

Due to the approach that Apple has taken, apps are not currently written to deal with multiple users, as a rule (although some apps might store all user data/settings remotely, contingent on login, which would mitigate this problem,) and it seems like this would be a significant hurdle to overcome, although you can easily imagine a lot of approaches that Apple might choose.

TL;DR: Third party apps are not currently written to handle multiple users accessing local resources, and the behavior would be unpredictable.

I guess I agree with you, but I think Apple could pretty easily overcome everything except third party data issues, and even that could be addressed with APIs.

Or do it exactly like android does now and has done for a year (Multiple users is not new to 4.3 Google just improved them with 4.3) You don't install an app twice. Its one app per device. The user data is kept separate per user. Apps only show up on users home screens if they 'install' them from the app store. They are kept hidden until then. You never double up on an all. Just the app data. Its brilliant.
post #95 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

. . . Start sucking the life out of Google's ad revenue and see how much Google likes it. Timid Cook just lets his company get screwed over by Google and Wall Street gives Google a free pass with a P/E ratio of close to 30. . . . C'mon Timid Cook, take off those white gloves and start kicking the crap out of Google for unleashing Android on the world.

Ooo, Commander Dodo, I love it when you talk that way . . . and that uniform . . . !
post #96 of 164
@PhilBoogie I liked that Fear less ad!
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #97 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusPhan View Post


Or do it exactly like android does now and has done for a year (Multiple users is not new to 4.3 Google just improved them with 4.3) You don't install an app twice. Its one app per device. The user data is kept separate per user. Apps only show up on users home screens if they 'install' them from the app store. They are kept hidden until then. You never double up on an all. Just the app data. Its brilliant.


It's not like Apple's never done anything like this before.  It's not all that different from how we went from Mac Classic to OS X.

post #98 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

@PhilBoogie I liked that Fear less ad!

I'm a bit 'worried' about kids turning to Google for advise on asking a girl out. It could be 'okay', but knowing the data harvesting they do, we have no idea what they consider to be a 'matching answer'.
post #99 of 164

"It is like having a 5.1 surround sound system".  A new low.    They should hire Joe Isuzu to do their next product presentation. 

"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #100 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post


It's not like Apple's never done anything like this before.  It's not all that different from how we went from Mac Classic to OS X.

Exactly! I'm stunned it has not already been done by Apple. It makes my tablet so perfect to share with my girlfriend. All her non-sense pintrest and facebook updates stay oh her side and I can have my apps with their own notifications and I'm a happy camper.
post #101 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by force4ever View Post

It may be cheaper than the iPad Mini and pack more pixels, power, etc - yet take the Chromebook Pixel and Macbook Air for example, the Pixel has almost 4x the resolution of the Air for the same price point, but you don't see people flocking to that thing. It's all about software and quality, and that's where Apple wins. 


That could also be a distribution problem. Here, every other electronic store has the iPad on sale, But the Nexus tablet is much less common. Plus it's a lot more expensive after factoring in the shipping charges, so I don't really save that much compared to the iPad mini.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
post #102 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Which apps where those, they weren't in the top 500 that is for sure. I haven't seen that since Android version 2.3. All new apps are written for dynamic resolutions, their is no longer a set resolution. There are some apps that use lower resolution but these are either very old or poorly programmed and no one uses them.

Try the Motor trend app. Completely unreadable on my S4's 1080 screen due to the tiny font size resulting from the high resolution. I imagine it's not much better on a small, hires tablet.

iPhone 5 64GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, mid-2011 iMac, Apple TV 2nd Gen, iPod Nano

Reply

iPhone 5 64GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, mid-2011 iMac, Apple TV 2nd Gen, iPod Nano

Reply
post #103 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleTechSpot View Post

You realize that you are trying to heap layers of complexity on a tablet and make it into a PC right? Tablets are supposed to be mobile single user devices to avoid the complexity of being a PC!!!

 

With due respect, says who? Who decided what a tablet "should" be?

 

Seems to me the tablet is just the typical computer user's newer, cheaper, easier device for consumption and sharing, stuff that doesn't require the power of a traditional personal computer.

 

As they gradually take over more and more of the personal computing market, tablets are going to have to start incorporating some features and capabilities of computers.

post #104 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillio View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Sure you can: create a group in your contact list. Open Mail, create a new email, tap on the top-right + sign, tap on the top-left Groups button.
Really, that's your solution? You still have to select and add all members of the group individually. I'm talking about like on iCloud in the browser: you put a group in the To field, and it adds all members of the group automagically. Sounds pretty simple, right? That's why it should be available on the iPhone.

This sound complicated. To the point of 'you put a group in the To field' What group? You enter a name I presume? Ok. 'and it adds all members of the group automagically'. Which members? How does 'it know' which members to add? Completely failing to understand this - at my end.
post #105 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

Seems to me the tablet is just the typical computer user's newer, cheaper, easier device for consumption and sharing, stuff that doesn't require the power of a traditional personal computer.

As they gradually take over more and more of the personal computing market, tablets are going to have to start incorporating some features and capabilities of computers.

Like SD Card slots, hooking it up to DVI or whatever port displays, external HDD's and what not? I sure hope not.
post #106 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

I find iOS 7 hideous. I doubt I'll upgrade my iPads or iPhones to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Have fun stuck in the past. 

 

 

I agree with Allen about the appearance of iOS7. What little I've seen of it was enough to make me cringe, but unlike Allen I'll probably install it anyway just because function matters more than appearance.

 

Did Sir Jon suffer a blow to the head a couple years ago? First the rMBP, then the iMac, now iOS.

post #107 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

Actually it is an LED backlit IPS LCD panel with Gorilla Glass (says so right on Google's page)  So technically yes, it is the same screen tech as in Apple products. It is not Pentile or OLED crap.

 

Everyone who mocked those of us who said Tim was making up excuses when he said one can't make a screen with good color saturation and resolution and white point in that size:

 

Nyah nyah! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of Elderberries!

 

You may now begin coming up with lame claims of how this is totally different than what Apple uses...

 

Whether or not Apple CHOOSES to make a larger iPhone or a higher res iPad mini is totally up to them and until I'm in Tim's chair I got nothing to say (besides "I want one"). The only point I'm making is that people argued when it was suggested that Tim was just blowing smoke and his excuses were pure hooey. I think we can now declare that argument settled.

post #108 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

Did Sir Jon suffer a blow to the head a couple years ago? First the rMBP, then the iMac, now iOS.

I get your point on iOS. But what do you think is 'wrong' with the rMBP, or iMac?
post #109 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I get your point on iOS. But what do you think is 'wrong' with the rMBP, or iMac?

The design. It's "too thin".

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #110 of 164
The mini is going Retina eventually.

And the tablet ecosystem kicks Google's butt.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #111 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I get your point on iOS. But what do you think is 'wrong' with the rMBP, or iMac?

The design. It's "too thin".

Total non-issue then.
post #112 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I get your point on iOS. But what do you think is 'wrong' with the rMBP, or iMac?

 

Jony's fetish for anorexic computers.

 

I don't like the rMBP's use of a unique and exclusive storage format that reduces choice and increases cost just to make it thinner. Fine idea, but not for the Pro. If I want thin, there's an Air for that. I also happen to think the Retina display is total overkill for a computer display, but that's not a hating point, just an observation.

 

As for the iMac, they went to slower standard storage, offer only Fusion as a faster BTO upgrade, and make it damn near impossible to replace when it fails. The lust for thin also means that GPU. storage and CPU options are limited as much by heat considerations as anything else.

 

I don't really dislike either, I just think they're examples of form over function. I think chassis skinniness is significantly less important than fast, high-performance internals.

post #113 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I get your point on iOS. But what do you think is 'wrong' with the rMBP, or iMac?

Jony's fetish for anorexic computers.

I don't like the rMBP's use of a unique and exclusive storage format that reduces choice and increases cost just to make it thinner. Fine idea, but not for the Pro. If I want thin, there's an Air for that. I also happen to think the Retina display is total overkill for a computer display, but that's not a hating point, just an observation.

As for the iMac, they went to slower standard storage, offer only Fusion as a faster BTO upgrade, and make it damn near impossible to replace when it fails. The lust for thin also means that GPU. storage and CPU options are limited as much by heat considerations as anything else.

I don't really dislike either, I just think they're examples of form over function. I think chassis skinniness is significantly less important than fast, high-performance internals.

Can't a (Fusion) drive be replaced at an (B&M) Apple Store?

Isn't the MP designed for high performance? The iMac for AIO - one stop PC, and the Mini for light computing?

To me, your points are mood. But I do want to point out: to each his own. I don't see the issues like you do. And that's perfectly fine. Fine to me; you might disagree.
post #114 of 164

This is a great value in hardware -- hands down.

 

Although we don't know if the ram and battery will go bad in 6 months.

 

But if you just want it as an HD confidence monitor for that next video shoot; best deal yet.

 

Awesome hardware, crap software, risky future. It will work for the two weeks the user brags about what a deal they got over an iPad and then in three weeks, will fit comfortably on the shelf next to books of Shakespeare that came with the furniture.

post #115 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


The design. It's "too thin".


Maybe it's 'Too Fast'? or the screen is a little too 'Amazing'

post #116 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

To me, your points are mood. But I do want to point out: to each his own. I don't see the issues like you do. And that's perfectly fine. Fine to me; you might disagree.

 

I agree. We probably wouldn't choose the same car, either. That variety of preferences and biases is why I think it's a good idea to have more than one size of iPhone.

post #117 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillio View Post

Sadly, I think Android will, in fact, be "good enough" for most people. Not for me, but other people. 

 

I don't think it is good enough at all. I have a Nexus 7, and it does appear decent, and is nearly a good tablet.

Sadly (or not, for Apple), user experience will mainly serve to push people to something built and designed properly and completely - an iPad.

 

I got mine to try out using a tablet to replace dragging a laptop around to an offshore oil rig... and i'm quite sure a tablet will be enough... an iPad mini, will be enough.

 

To be honest, i only got the N7 to tide me over until the retina ipad mini came out... but i might break down and see about a used ipad mini.

 

N7 with better resolution?

Doesn't fix 2 major design faults.

 

#1 - it's 7 inches. Should have gone to an 8inch retina screen... the extra inch makes a HUGE difference. Take a N7 and compare a newspaper web page on an ipad mini.

 

#2 - even if they did 8"... you still have the wasted screen space with a status bar at the top and the soft buttons on the bottom. Dreadful. Haven't they heard of auto-hide?

Just taken a ruler to it, and the two bars take up around 13mm (9mm bottom, 4mm top roughly). Doesn't sound much?

In portrait the screen height is 150mm, so you've just lost %8 1/2 of your display by height... in landscape the waste is criminal - landscape ~ 96mm screen so you're left with 83mm. 

 

ps yes, i've had to root the thing to install some software to allow me to use a gesture to hide these bars at will. It's still too small.

 

I'd say Android is 'good enough' and 'cheap enough' to introduce people to tablets - and as soon as 'they' can, they'll upgrade to Apple.

 

I'm not sure I going to be able to wait for the retina version... must resist ;-)

post #118 of 164

This new Nexus looks like a pretty cool piece of hardware. Is there a way to jailbreak it and install iOS?

post #119 of 164

How many of those Google will sell until the end of the year? One million, two millions? They will probably be available trough limited distribution channels like many of the Nexus products and won't get a lot of advertising in mainstream media, aside from the free advertising from the tech media.

 

If Apple wants to ship a retina iPad mini for this holiday season, it will need something like 10 millions of them at least, and unlike Google, they still have to make a significant profit on them to satisfy shareholders.

 

Nexus devices (and Chromebooks) are a publicity stunt to improve (or maintain) the mindshare about Google and the Android platform, aimed at tech journalists, bloggers and to keep Google fans and investors confident that their platform is superior (or so they think). By making little or no profit on them, Google is essentially indirectly paying tech journalists to say nice things about them and ignore its faults because "it's so affordable!"

 

By doing that they also create a race to the bottom for competitors (who need to make a profit, unlike Google), bringing down quality and encouraging even worse working conditions for those who make them somewhere else in the world. If you think Foxconn is bad, just imagine the working conditions of Goggle's Android tablet competitor factories trying to match Google's profitless products.

post #120 of 164

I have to say, this article read like a frothy, fandroid advertisement...

 

Lauding the Nexus 7 and all it's wonderfulness? 

 

APPLE Insider… wut?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Google refreshes Nexus 7 with twice iPad mini's pixel count, for $100 less
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Google refreshes Nexus 7 with twice iPad mini's pixel count, for $100 less