or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone 5s & iPhone 5c keynote now available via web and AppleTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's iPhone 5s & iPhone 5c keynote now available via web and AppleTV

post #1 of 60
Thread Starter 
Just a few hours after it concluded on Tuesday, Apple made its keynote presentation ? at which it unveiled both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c ? available online for all to view.

Keynote


The stream of the event is now available on Apple's official website as well as from within the Apple Events app on your AppleTV. Tuesday's presentation included Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook, marketing chief Phil Schiller, and Software Engineering head Craig Federighi.

Apple used the event to introduce its new flagship smartphone, the iPhone 5s, which features a Touch ID fingerprint scanner and 64-bit A7 processor. It will go on sale next Friday, Sept. 20, and will be available for starting at $199 with a new service contract.

The company introduced the new iPhone 5c, which has similar specifications to last year's iPhone 5, but comes in a new polycarbonate plastic case that's available in five new colors: red, green, yellow, blue and white. The iPhone 5c will run $99 for a 16-gigabyte model with carrier subsidy, or $199 for a 32-gigabyte capacity, and will also debut next Friday. Preorders for the iPhone 5c begin this Friday, Sept. 13.

Apple also revealed that iOS 7, its redesigned mobile operating system, will launch for compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices next Wednesday, two days before the new iPhones become available. It will be a free download.
post #2 of 60
Is it possible to view this on AppleTV?

There are only two kind of people in this world.

Those who dont understand Apple and those who misunderstood Apple.

Reply

There are only two kind of people in this world.

Those who dont understand Apple and those who misunderstood Apple.

Reply
post #3 of 60

Straight from the keynote:

 
So today, we're announcing that we're making all five of these industry leading apps free. They're free with any new iOS device… So when you're setting up your new iOS device, iOS 7 will present you with this screen… This is for any new iPad or any new iPhone or 5th generation iPod touch.

 

Sounds like everything that runs iOS 7. Takes care of that problem. Unless they truly do mean ONLY for 'out of the box' devices.

post #4 of 60
I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a "one more thing" moment & I know I'm not the only one. Apple needs to get it together.
post #5 of 60
Originally Posted by Manishboy77 View Post
I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a "one more thing" moment & I know I'm not the only one. Apple needs to get it together.

 

What part of "Steve Jobs is dead" was unclear? Take your false concern elsewhere.

post #6 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What part of "Steve Jobs is dead" was unclear? Take your false concern elsewhere.

Lol- you're harsh Tallest! lol.gif
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
 
 
(So Y is the new X?   Zzzzzzzzzz......)
Reply
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
 
 
(So Y is the new X?   Zzzzzzzzzz......)
Reply
post #7 of 60

I was hoping for an upgrade from n to ac :( 

post #8 of 60
i'm very disappointed, no Mac news, Icloud video storage (like fotostream), Apple Tv, Macbook Pro...nothing, and i find i horrible that the Iphone 5 just disappears from the upgrade line, the 4S stays, 5 goes out...where is the logic?
Meanwhile stock is falling down and also NO livestream of this event..
Does Apple not have the technology to stream this event ?
I was all very 'cheap' and 'fast' done, with Costello as closing act.
Tim Cook has lost my trust. The time of magic of Steve and his 'one more thing' has completly faded out, there is no more 'magic' anymore.
Only thing i hope for is another event before the holydays that brings more than a fingersensor and cheap plastic sold as 'quality' (5C..)
What was it again that Tim Cook said in the last summer event 'it was never our intention to sell the most, but sell quality'
Apple and plastic...seems BIG mistake and seems more 'Samsung', indeed, Apple IS changing course for making 'the most'.
post #9 of 60

I didn't watch the whole video (I skipped the parts about new Apple stores and others boring PR  bits) but did anyone else notice how subdued the audience was? Very little applause and it was not very enthusiastic. The Apple team on stage also just didn't appear to me at least to be that excited either. The tension and discomfort was almost palpable. Contrast that with the WWDC event and you will quickly see what I mean. 

 

I really feel like Apple missed a great chance today. The prices needed to be at least $100 less on the 5C, and they also could have doubled the memory to 32/64/128. It was also a great chance to kill the 3.5" and old 30pin for good. Why not just offer a 8G version of the 5C for $100 less off contract or free on contract. That one stumped me. 

 

Although some will disagree, until Apple releases a larger display or completely changes the case people will view these type of upgrades as very minor and nothing to get excited about. Fingerprint scanners and 64 bit just won't cut it. 

 

People worried the 5C would cannibalize sales from the 5S but it looks like it is the other way around. Pay $100 more and get a much nicer phone with far more improvements. $549 off contact for the 5C seems far too expensive. I thought $449 to $499 was a little expensive but still cheap enough to really grow market share. 

 

I have no doubts that both these phones will sell great and beat all previous models in sales numbers but will not help reduce the decline in global market share. It didn't offer a larger display or a cheaper price for the 5C so we have essentially the same line up as yesterday just in more colors.  I just can't help but feel very underwhelmed. While I was watching the video I also got this alert on my iPhone. 


Edited by gwmac - 9/10/13 at 2:10pm
post #10 of 60
Originally Posted by ElFig2012 View Post
i'm very disappointed, no Mac news, Icloud video storage (like fotostream), Apple Tv, Macbook Pro...nothing, and i find i horrible that the Iphone 5 just disappears from the upgrade line, the 4S stays, 5 goes out...where is the logic?

 

From common sense that absolutely anyone paying any manner of attention would have noticed? 

 
Meanwhile stock is falling down and also NO livestream of this event..

 

NO LIVESTREAM?! APPLE IS DOOMED. The stock falls after every keynote. Wall Street are idiots.

 
Tim Cook has lost my trust.

 

Leave, then.

 
Only thing i hope for is another event before the holydays that brings more than a fingersensor and cheap plastic sold as 'quality' (5C..)

 

Yeah, just leave.

 
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
Although some will disagree, until Apple releases a larger display or completely changes the case people will view these type of upgrades as very minor and nothing to get excited about. Fingerprint scanners and 64 bit just won't cut it. 

 

Every single one of Apple's product releases proves you wrong. Stop saying this.

post #11 of 60
A total disaster. Apple badly needs atleast 40 to 50 percent of Steve Jobs. Looking at these 5c n 5s i lost hope in ios7 too. Makers of htc motivated with Apple for build quality is moving ahead with Aluminium body but dont understand y Apple has gone for this cheap Samsung way (plastic). Both the models wud sure be a big zero for Apple. The basic ethics of APPLE that is the quality is gone. Cheaper in the sense is not surely going the Samsung way (plastic). A big blow for die hard Apple fans like me.
post #12 of 60
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manishboy77
I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a "one more thing" moment & I know I'm not the only one. Apple needs to get it together.

It is now called the "one more finger" moment.
post #13 of 60
Originally Posted by apjonson View Post
A total disaster. Apple badly needs atleast 40 to 50 percent of Steve Jobs. Looking at these 5c n 5s i lost hope in ios7 too. Makers of htc motivated with Apple for build quality is moving ahead with Aluminium body but dont understand y Apple has gone for this cheap Samsung way (plastic). Both the models wud sure be a big zero for Apple. The basic ethics of APPLE that is the quality is gone. Cheaper in the sense is not surely going the Samsung way (plastic). A big blow for die hard Apple fans like me.

 

Nothing at all you have said is true or even comprehensible. Shush.

post #14 of 60
Tim is doing the best he knows how. Unfortunately for Apple its best days are behind them even though they still make and will continue to make the best phones on the planet
post #15 of 60
tallest skil: get a life or better yet, learn to listen more---you may actually find that some people have opinions that are different than yours but greater merit and value. And OMG, they actually add to the value of this blog! Just because you log thousands of opinions on this forum doesn't make you the defender of all things Apple. Rather, you come across as shrill and condescending. I for one, found that gwmac's opinions made sense. And that elfig2012's frustration with Apple resonates with many loyal Apple fans. And one more thing, Wall Street aren't idiots; greedy, conniving and dishonest at times but that's the primary game for Apple investors. Sadly, that game has also lost it's luster.
__________________________________________________ _
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
Reply
__________________________________________________ _
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
Reply
post #16 of 60
Nokia Microsoft has already jumped in to diss Apple's announcements today. They obviously already had this done and waiting on the keynote.

5 things Apple didn't announce:
http://www.thinglink.com/scene/432647156990476289
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #17 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElFig2012 View Post

i'm very disappointed, no Mac news, Icloud video storage (like fotostream), Apple Tv, Macbook Pro...nothing, and i find i horrible that the Iphone 5 just disappears from the upgrade line, the 4S stays, 5 goes out...where is the logic?
Meanwhile stock is falling down and also NO livestream of this event..
Does Apple not have the technology to stream this event ?
I was all very 'cheap' and 'fast' done, with Costello as closing act.
Tim Cook has lost my trust. The time of magic of Steve and his 'one more thing' has completly faded out, there is no more 'magic' anymore.
Only thing i hope for is another event before the holydays that brings more than a fingersensor and cheap plastic sold as 'quality' (5C..)
What was it again that Tim Cook said in the last summer event 'it was never our intention to sell the most, but sell quality'
Apple and plastic...seems BIG mistake and seems more 'Samsung', indeed, Apple IS changing course for making 'the most'.

 

One of the shittiest troll posts I've ever seen. You were expecting Mac news @ this event? What the **** is wrong with you? The reason you had this expectation, which goes against all reason and rationality, is not Apple's fault- it's yours. 

post #18 of 60
Originally Posted by Sandyf View Post
tallest skil

 

Please actually read the comments before assuming things about people. They do not have opinions. They are trolling, and therefore there is no reason to put up with posts like that. They do not deserve proper rebuttals after they have proven to take positions that are patently false.

post #19 of 60

If Bono died U2 wouldn't be the same either.  Apple are now Edge, Adam and Larry making music as U2.

post #20 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by apjonson View Post

A total disaster. Apple badly needs atleast 40 to 50 percent of Steve Jobs. Looking at these 5c n 5s i lost hope in ios7 too. Makers of htc motivated with Apple for build quality is moving ahead with Aluminium body but dont understand y Apple has gone for this cheap Samsung way (plastic). Both the models wud sure be a big zero for Apple. The basic ethics of APPLE that is the quality is gone. Cheaper in the sense is not surely going the Samsung way (plastic). A big blow for die hard Apple fans like me.

 

You make yourself sound like a total troll, with funny statements like these. You do realise that the rest of the industry has first of got nothing close to a Touch ID technology that works the ways Apples does ? 

And you wouldn't understand what the significance of moving platforms to a 64 bit OS means either. Apps on the iPhone would be more powerful and blazing fast. 2 Giant strides in the mobile computing space, that the rest of the competition is going to try hard to achieve.

 

The iPhone 5S, has raised the bars of any device out there today, and you'll notice that when you see these devices sell !

 

Stock prices ALWAYS drop after a major Keynote, so investors can make a quick buck , taking advantage of the sudden spikes in the stock price. So that's not any different this year as well. So the next time you post , think a while before doing so .

post #21 of 60

I did get the feeling that this was a somewhat subdued keynote. I found my attention wandering quite a bit during the live blog (esp. during the part that seemed to go on endlessly about iSight; I'd rather that CF spent more time recapping OS7). The true test is in the fact that I have no desire to watch the video version.

 

While I will most certainly be getting the Gold 64 (and my daughter, the Pink 32), I have to say that I am disappointed they didn't have 128 and 64, resp. Those were no-brainers, IMHO.

 

And, Elvis Costello?! Yikes. That's all they could come up with for a closer!?

 

Finally, TS: chill. The fact that SJ is dead has nothing to do with Apple resurrecting OMT. In fact, bringing it back would be a small validation/celebration of SJ's ways.

post #22 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyf View Post

tallest skil: get a life or better yet, learn to listen more---you may actually find that some people have opinions that are different than yours but greater merit and value. And OMG, they actually add to the value of this blog! Just because you log thousands of opinions on this forum doesn't make you the defender of all things Apple. Rather, you come across as shrill and condescending. I for one, found that gwmac's opinions made sense. And that elfig2012's frustration with Apple resonates with many loyal Apple fans. And one more thing, Wall Street aren't idiots; greedy, conniving and dishonest at times but that's the primary game for Apple investors. Sadly, that game has also lost it's luster.

 

2 questions for you.

 

Is there any smart phone out there today that runs finger print scanning technology successful enough to make it main stream ?

 

Is there any mobile OS that's 64 bit ? If your not aware of the advantages of a 64 bit OS, over a 32 bit Google it.

 

Those 2 factor's alone make for what , people would realise the foundations for a new direction of mobile computing. Although basic and fundamental today, if you look around you'll realise that Apple's making those moves while the rest of them have lost focus with 4.5 " and 5 and 6 , and phablets, and glasses n stuff while Apple stays focus and improves its device taking it to a whole different level.

post #23 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post
 

I did get the feeling that this was a somewhat subdued keynote. I found my attention wandering quite a bit during the live blog (esp. during the part that seemed to go on endlessly about iSight; I'd rather that CF spent more time recapping OS7). The true test is in the fact that I have no desire to watch the video version.

 

While I will most certainly be getting the Gold 64 (and my daughter, the Pink 32), I have to say that I am disappointed they didn't have 128 and 64, resp. Those were no-brainers, IMHO.

 

And, Elvis Costello?! Yikes. That's all they could come up with for a closer!?

 

Finally, TS: chill. The fact that SJ is dead has nothing to do with Apple resurrecting OMT. In fact, bringing it back would be a small validation/celebration of SJ's ways.

 

I agree with your post 100% and said as much in my other comments. When I watched the video and the camera panned to the audience there was almost a sense of Fremdschämen which means sort of vicarious shame or embarrassment. The audience just seemed uncomfortable to be there. 

 

I also just can't understand why no 128GB version. Would it really cost Apple more than a few bucks to switch to 32/64/128? Or at least offer a 128GB version for another $100? This is the same storage they have offered for several years now with no increase while some Android phone can now reach up to 196GB or higher with storage cards. 

post #24 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
 

 

I agree with your post 100% and said as much in my other comments. When I watched the video and the camera panned to the audience there was almost a sense of Fremdschämen which means sort of vicarious shame or embarrassment. The audience just seemed uncomfortable to be there. 

 

I also just can't understand why no 128GB version. Would it really cost Apple more than a few bucks to switch to 32/64/128? Or at least offer a 128GB version for another $100? This is the same storage they have offered for several years now with no increase while some Android phone can now reach up to 196GB or higher with storage cards. 

 

 

Why Rant about 128 gb ? Are you aware that the largest portion of iphone users live in the 32 GB space, and then you have the 64 gb that's a smaller minority. And to top that your looking for 128 gb.. 

Look around you other than the GS4 providing 64gb, there aren't many others at the 64gb point yet.So stop these pointless rants.

post #25 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikilok View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
 

 

I agree with your post 100% and said as much in my other comments. When I watched the video and the camera panned to the audience there was almost a sense of Fremdschämen which means sort of vicarious shame or embarrassment. The audience just seemed uncomfortable to be there. 

 

I also just can't understand why no 128GB version. Would it really cost Apple more than a few bucks to switch to 32/64/128? Or at least offer a 128GB version for another $100? This is the same storage they have offered for several years now with no increase while some Android phone can now reach up to 196GB or higher with storage cards. 

 

 

Why Rant about 128 gb ? Are you aware that the largest portion of iphone users live in the 32 GB space, and then you have the 64 gb that's a smaller minority. And to top that your looking for 128 gb.. 

Look around you other than the GS4 providing 64gb, there aren't many others at the 64gb point yet.So stop these pointless rants.

Calm down. Nobody's 'ranting' about anything. (Look it up if you don't know what the word means).

 

Why don't you share with us your data for 32 v. 64 iPhone sales. From a credible source, please.

post #26 of 60
Watching the iPhone 5C video I sensed a subtle, if unintentional dig at the Apple of old (Jobs/Forstall). You had Jony talking about software and Craig talking about how the wallpaper colors were designed to match the hardware. Back when Steve and Scott were still at Apple, software and hardware were designed independently. That's obviously no longer the case and Apple seems to be highlighting that fact more and more.

I thought I was going to hate these colored phones based on some of the leaked photos. But I think they actually look really nice and durable. All the hands on impressions I've read so far say they don't feel or look cheap at all. Of course I should know better than to expect Apple would do something cheap. Once again Apple proved me wrong. 1smile.gif
post #27 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Nokia Microsoft has already jumped in to diss Apple's announcements today. They obviously already had this done and waiting on the keynote.

5 things Apple didn't announce:
http://www.thinglink.com/scene/432647156990476289
Honestly I think it just makes these companies look really lame. Plus if Apple is such a has been, not on the bleeding edge, boring, blah, blah, blah, why are other companies still so obsessed about them? Why would you acknowledge something that doesn't matter?
post #28 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I thought I was going to hate these colored phones based on some of the leaked photos. But I think they actually look really nice and durable. All the hands on impressions I've read so far say they don't feel or look cheap at all. Of course I should know better than to expect Apple would do something cheap. Once again Apple proved me wrong. 1smile.gif

I think the 5Cs -- with the exception of the Yellow -- look gorgeous!

post #29 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Honestly I think it just makes these companies look really lame. Plus if Apple is such a has been, not on the bleeding edge, boring, blah, blah, blah, why are other companies still so obsessed about them? Why would you acknowledge something that doesn't matter?

 

Apple only wishes it had Microsoft's insight and instinct into what people actually want. Clearly, Microsoft's marketshare in the phone and tablet space means they're doing something right. And I'm so dissapointed Apple didn't announce the "Nokia Pro Cam" and "Live Tiles". Was really holding my breath or those. 

 

/s

post #30 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
 

I didn't watch the whole video (I skipped the parts about new Apple stores and others boring PR  bits) but did anyone else notice how subdued the audience was? Very little applause and it was not very enthusiastic. The Apple team on stage also just didn't appear to me at least to be that excited either. The tension and discomfort was almost palpable. Contrast that with the WWDC event and you will quickly see what I mean. 

 

I really feel like Apple missed a great chance today. The prices needed to be at least $100 less on the 5C, and they also could have doubled the memory to 32/64/128. It was also a great chance to kill the 3.5" and old 30pin for good. Why not just offer a 8G version of the 5C for $100 less off contract or free on contract. That one stumped me. 

 

Although some will disagree, until Apple releases a larger display or completely changes the case people will view these type of upgrades as very minor and nothing to get excited about. Fingerprint scanners and 64 bit just won't cut it. 

 

People worried the 5C would cannibalize sales from the 5S but it looks like it is the other way around. Pay $100 more and get a much nicer phone with far more improvements. $549 off contact for the 5C seems far too expensive. I thought $449 to $499 was a little expensive but still cheap enough to really grow market share. 

 

I have no doubts that both these phones will sell great and beat all previous models in sales numbers but will not help reduce the decline in global market share. It didn't offer a larger display or a cheaper price for the 5C so we have essentially the same line up as yesterday just in more colors.  I just can't help but feel very underwhelmed. While I was watching the video I also got this alert on my iPhone. 

 

couldn't agree with you more...100%

post #31 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

couldn't agree with you more...100%
Buy on the rumor sell on the news. Happens to Apple all the time. Then Apple will announce record preorders and first weekend sales and the stock will shoot up again....and the trolls will still be posting here how Apple is doomed.
post #32 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

From common sense that absolutely anyone paying any manner of attention would have noticed? 

 

NO LIVESTREAM?! APPLE IS DOOMED. The stock falls after every keynote. Wall Street are idiots.

 

Leave, then.

 

Yeah, just leave.

 

Every single one of Apple's product releases proves you wrong. Stop saying this.

 

the begining of the presentation was all about live streaming events, yet they didn't live stream this one?  Ironic, or just stupid?

post #33 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Buy on the rumor sell on the news. Happens to Apple all the time. Then Apple will announce record preorders and first weekend sales and the stock will shoot up again....and the trolls will still be posting here how Apple is doomed.

 

I don't think Apple is doomed, I just think they missed the mark on this event in many ways.  I'm ready to upgrade my iPhone 4, but i'm neither of these phones are too exciting for my wants/needs.  But i have to go Apple since I'm locked into their ecosystem.  So it has to be Apple, and I'm ready now for an upgrade, but none of the options presented are all that exciting.

 

I need an off-contract phone that I can use in the US and China.  I currently carry 2 phones, an iPod Classic, iPad2 and my MBP.  That's 5 devices (not including my Nikon P&S).  If Apple had released even the iPhone 5S with 128GB of storage, I could go from 5 devices to 2.  Now, that would cost Nearly a grand$ and I would never pay that much for a phone.  So really none of the options presented will solve my wants/needs.

 

Based on what we've seen.  It might not be until 2014 (Sept) that we see a larger screen iPhone.  And that will upset alot of people in Asia and NON-USA buyers.  In my experiences in China, over the last year, iPhone 5's have been fairly scarce in public, and a lot more 5"-6" Samsungs and others.  People in these countries aren't going to wait for Apple or be that loyal.  And that is going to hurt Apple.

post #34 of 60
The new iPhones look nice. I'll buy two. Substantial upgrade from my ip4.

But...this event will play on my Apple TV...but the DVD extras that come with movies I pay for won't? Gentlemen...
post #35 of 60
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

the begining of the presentation was all about live streaming events, yet they didn't live stream this one?  Ironic, or just stupid?

 

Neither. Were this one out of all other events they had previously streamed, that's another thing.

post #36 of 60

Honestly, was anyone blown away watching this thing?

 

Then, the price on the 5c??? Why pay that when you could get a way better iPhone for $100 more but yet still have a price too high for the majority of people in emerging markets?

post #37 of 60
Originally Posted by Irving Muller View Post

Then, the price on the 5c??? Why pay that when you could get a way better iPhone for $100 more

 

Same reason people bought the iPhone 4S when they could get the 5. Bought the iPhone 4 when you could get the 4S. Bought the 3GS when you could get the 4.

post #38 of 60

Do Apple fanboys go to Android sites and trash Android, or are we just that fortunate to have their company? 

post #39 of 60
I can't understand why people are expecting a substantial feature upgrade when it is almost always readily apparent since iPhone 3GS that the S versions of the iPhone are always a refinement, improvement, adding a so-called "polish" to the the iteration of the iPhone prior to it.

So to me this is a totally expected upgrade. I did not look forward to a mind blowing experience, and it seems I guessed right.

But on the other hand, that Infinity Blade III demo sure looked sweet and mind blowing! Having played Infinity Blade I & II on my iPhone 4, this is by leaps & bounds a huge improvement to my game playing experience.
post #40 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikmanshah View Post

I can't understand why people are expecting a substantial feature upgrade when it is almost always readily apparent since iPhone 3GS that the S versions of the iPhone are always a refinement, improvement, adding a so-called "polish" to the the iteration of the iPhone prior to it.

So to me this is a totally expected upgrade. I did not look forward to a mind blowing experience, and it seems I guessed right.

But on the other hand, that Infinity Blade III demo sure looked sweet and mind blowing! Having played Infinity Blade I & II on my iPhone 4, this is by leaps & bounds a huge improvement to my game playing experience.

 

I agree, and since S is for speed, one might think the S upgrade would deal with additional speed.... oh wait, it was :) That is why I am a bit surprised wireless ac was not included. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone 5s & iPhone 5c keynote now available via web and AppleTV