or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor mill again points to Boost Mobile getting Apple's iPhone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rumor mill again points to Boost Mobile getting Apple's iPhone

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c may be on their way to prepaid carrier Boost Mobile, as new images have emerged showing what appear to be promotional materials touting the two smartphones.



Monday brought leaks of supposed new promotional posters for the iPhone 5s and 5c on Boost Mobile, leaked by @evleaks. The materials tout the iPhone 5s as "legendary" and the iPhone 5c's colors as "brilliant" while offering a plan to match both.

According to the posters, Boost Mobile would offer both the 5s and the 5c in its standard no-contract model with the accompanying Shrinking Payments feature, which sees users' bills get smaller the longer they stay with the carrier.

While the promotional materials could be real, @evleaks has in the past been off with Boost Mobile predictions. Earlier this year, the noted leaker claimed that the prepaid carrier would have iPhones for sale in the third quarter of this year. Other sources have also said the iPhone was coming to Boost Mobile in years previous, as well.

Were Boost to get the new iPhones, it would mark a continuation of a trend that has seen Apple expanding its devices' reach to include carriers beyond the four largest in the U.S., and doing so in a rapid fashion.

Whereas previous years have seen the smaller carriers waiting months to get the iPhone, this year Apple's smartphones will launch on regional US carriers less than two weeks after their national counterparts. Prepaid carrier Virgin Mobile has also announced that it will be getting the iPhone 5s and 5c on October 1.
post #2 of 8
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post
…the accompanying Shrinking Payments feature, which sees users’ bills get smaller the longer they stay with the carrier.

 

The one feature I wouldn’t mind them colluding to provide. :grumble:

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #3 of 8
When will PagePlus get LTE (and this, the iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, etc)?
post #4 of 8

I'm scratching my head at why this and the Virgin Mobile story are news. I mean, whether or not they announced this, just go ahead and buy a Sprint phone and a Boost plan. Or VM, Boost, Kajeet, PlatinumTel,... All this really means, I think, Boost will also participate in advertising the product and their support staff will be fully trained on the iPhone. I'm welcoming corrections here...

post #5 of 8

Why do these stories also fail to mention that Boost and Virgin Mobile are simply the pre-paid brands of Sprint. They may be technically separate companies with their own stores, plans, and advertising but they are fully owned by Sprint. So of course they will get the iPhone since this only helps Sprint fill it's sales quota made to Apple. 

post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
 

Why do these stories also fail to mention that Boost and Virgin Mobile are simply the pre-paid brands of Sprint. They may be technically separate companies with their own stores, plans, and advertising but they are fully owned by Sprint. So of course they will get the iPhone since this only helps Sprint fill it's sales quota made to Apple. 

 

I wasn't so sure of that so tried to do some confirmation. Wikipedia contradicts what you're stating about those being owned by Sprint. They're not even partially owned by them. Sprint has dipped their toes into the market but I believe they no longer have pre-paid offerings. I've been doing the math on this.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawson100 View Post
 

 

I wasn't so sure of that so tried to do some confirmation. Wikipedia contradicts what you're stating about those being owned by Sprint. They're not even partially owned by them. Sprint has dipped their toes into the market but I believe they no longer have pre-paid offerings. I've been doing the math on this.

 

Then you better check again. 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_Mobile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Mobile_USA

post #8 of 8
I work for boost....sprint is the mother company of Boost/Virgin...they do not OWN them, but all profits from those 2 companies (at least boost) go to sprint....also..

iPhone comes out Nov. 8th..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor mill again points to Boost Mobile getting Apple's iPhone