or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple wants Beats for Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, not technology
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple wants Beats for Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, not technology - Page 3

post #81 of 114

I don't buy it.

And I don't think Apple did either.

post #82 of 114
If this is true, then it is the biggest waste of money in Apples history. No offense to either of these two guys, but no two mean are worth 3.5 billion dollars for their connections.

They both could die in car accident next week and the money would be gone with them.
post #83 of 114
This just sounds dumb. Spend a small percentage of that 3.2bn to keep good employees like the Core Animation developer within the company instead of something silly like this.

This may be a worse move than Brewett.
post #84 of 114

Stupid. Two people are not worth 3 billion dollars. 

post #85 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarcoot View Post

If this is true, then it is the biggest waste of money in Apples history. No offense to either of these two guys, but no two mean are worth 3.5 billion dollars for their connections.

They both could die in car accident next week and the money would be gone with them.

You managed to mess up the one universal fact from all these rumors: the 3.2 billion dollars.  $3.5 billion is crazy talk.  /s

 

If, on the off chance, Apple does value these two guys at billions of dollars, they will write a contract that somehow ties the money to performance (somehow).  I'm not worrying about the details because a) I'm not a corporate lawyer or strategist, b) Apple has a few of those and they know what they are doing, c) if Apple actually does acquire Beats we might actually get a press release from Apple that explains their thinking, and d) the whole idea sounds nuts to me so I'm not going to strain my brain to try to guess about a rumor.

post #86 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
 

Very expensive aqui-hire considering what Apple spent to get Steve Jobs back. Fashion & culture? I thought Apple already had that. Unless this is Tim Cook pandering to African-Americans and teenagers?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
 

If Apple is getting into the content creation business, i'd rather see them creating good TV programming rather than trying to build a record label.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
 

Just wait putting lipstick on the pig will happen soon.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


How is bringing on Iovine and Dre improving Apple's fashion? When I think of fashion and design I don't think of those two.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


I agree with what Marco Arment said on the last Accidental Tech Podcast. He recently tried out Beats headphones in an Apple store and said they were awful. He said Beats is essentially what Apple haters claim Apple is - OVERPRICED. Or the only reason people buy Apple products is because of slick marketing and design. The last thing Apple needs is to be associated with a brand that is considered overpriced. Also, for me Apple stands for quality. Tim Cook and Jony Ive have both said Apple's goal is not about revenues, but to make great products. And if you make great products the revenues will follow. To me Beats is the complete opposite of that. It's basically saying, who cares if it's a great product or not because it makes money. If that's what Apple is about now then that's really sad.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Yeah Beats are a fad. Apple would be buying them at the height of their popularity. And when they go out of fashion then all Apple has is crappy headphones. I've said it before and I'll say it again that Samsung marketing must have really got to Apple. To me this seems all about Apple thinking it's not cool anymore (especially with young people) and spending $3B to try and buy some cool. Sad.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Maybe he'll retire if this deal happens.

 

"Sad". 

 

No, what's sad is your incessant, obnoxious, self-congratulatory, mocking, ignorant, and downright nasty posts about something that is not even confirmed- and even if it was, you're utterly ignorant to the reason, motivations, and details of such a deal. You've made hundreds of comments about something that has been rumoured, and that nobody has any real specific or knowledge on. You're too damn narcissistic, vain, and trollish to at least wait until things are confirmed with some basic details, in order to give such conclusive and loud-mouthed opinions. Amazing that with all Apple has accomplished, with all the time their doubters have been wrong there's still people like you- who never, ever give them the benefit of the doubt and always assume the WORST case scenario- as if Apple has no clue what it's doing. Maybe you can hold your tongue until we know something real? You've given your obnoxiously ignorant take on this a million times already, and looks like there's no end in sight. You can't even imagine the possibility that Apple might know what it's doing. No, of course not- its the trolls like you that always know-all. 

post #87 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted44 View Post

This just sounds dumb. Spend a small percentage of that 3.2bn to keep good employees like the Core Animation developer within the company instead of something silly like this.

This may be a worse move than Brewett.

 

Maybe that developer had other reasons for leaving, and did want to spend his entire life at Apple? Maybe he accomplished everything he wanted to accomplish and more at Apple? You only live once, maybe he wanted to try his hand at something new? Maybe money couldn't sway him? Maybe he wasn't that vital at Apple anymore? Amazing how people like you can assume and conclude so many things based on complete, utter ignorance. 

post #88 of 114

This isn't even a rumor anymore this has been a done deal for a while. 

post #89 of 114
I'm starting to love this rumour. Mainly because no-one knows what to make of it. There's no clear confirmation that it's happening (or happened) and yet everyone is running around trying to work out what it's for. Within minutes on the web, you might see someone asserting it's definitely for the headphones, then for the music streaming, then for the people...

I don't know if it's happening. I suspect not, as it doesn't make much sense, but I'm not running a multi billion dollar corporation. But the entertainment value of watching pundits and internet commenters run round trying to explain it is starting to win me over. And I don't usually go in for this kind of voyeurism.
post #90 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by malax View Post
 

You managed to mess up the one universal fact from all these rumors: the 3.2 billion dollars.  $3.5 billion is crazy talk.  /s

 

If, on the off chance, Apple does value these two guys at billions of dollars, they will write a contract that somehow ties the money to performance (somehow).  I'm not worrying about the details because a) I'm not a corporate lawyer or strategist, b) Apple has a few of those and they know what they are doing, c) if Apple actually does acquire Beats we might actually get a press release from Apple that explains their thinking, and d) the whole idea sounds nuts to me so I'm not going to strain my brain to try to guess about a rumor.

 

 

 

edit

missed the /s tag

post #91 of 114
I know you guys shorted Apple...but trying to extend this rumor every Thursday will not salvage your incorrect decision. So wake up and drink a cup of coffee and stop lying thru your unprofessional articles.
post #92 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post
 

Stupid. Two people are not worth 3 billion dollars. 

Especially not THESE particular two people.....

post #93 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post












"Sad". 

No, what's sad is your incessant, obnoxious, self-congratulatory, mocking, ignorant, and downright nasty posts about something that is not even confirmed- and even if it was, you're utterly ignorant to the reason, motivations, and details of such a deal. You've made hundreds of comments about something that has been rumoured, and that nobody has any real specific or knowledge on. You're too damn narcissistic, vain, and trollish to at least wait until things are confirmed with some basic details, in order to give such conclusive and loud-mouthed opinions. Amazing that with all Apple has accomplished, with all the time their doubters have been wrong there's still people like you- who never, ever give them the benefit of the doubt and always assume the WORST case scenario- as if Apple has no clue what it's doing. Maybe you can hold your tongue until we know something real? You've given your obnoxiously ignorant take on this a million times already, and looks like there's no end in sight. You can't even imagine the possibility that Apple might know what it's doing. No, of course not- its the trolls like you that always know-all. 

You know you can put me on ignore if my "trolling" bothers you so much. But I'm sure if I was posting here about how great this is and how genius Tim Cook is nobody would be complaining or calling it trollish behavior. 1rolleyes.gif
post #94 of 114

We all seen this before went we see analysis making wild predictions like this one they have no clue what they are talking about, they just filling the fact vacuum with made up stuff to make it sound like they have some idea what they are doing.

 

Apple does not need to buy Beats to get Jim to help them as power broker with content owns, they can put him on the board and hire him as a consultant. But Apple issue is not with music or written content, it is with video and the players are different. Apple already has an in with Disney but that does not seem to help. Apple has to work with company like Viacom and Comcast, neither of which is interested in seeing Apple getting a content deal.

post #95 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insightful View Post

As to comments regarding the quality of the Beats products, remember that Apple currently sells these products in its stores today.

Jimmy Iovine commented on the sound quality of Beats. Typically reviewers merit headphones on sound reproduction, which is understandable but they were aiming to make the audio sound good:

http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2014/05/09/beats-co-founder-and-possible-apple-employee-jimmy-iovine-explains-how-he-and-dr-dre-innovate/

"It just came down to whether we liked the sound. We didn’t test anything with an oscilloscope. A lot of it was musician tested. I have a lot of people coming into my office–Bono and Edge were a big part of it. We asked people, “Is this what your music sounded like when you recorded it in the studio?” and we kept working on in until they said yes.

We worked with a manufacturer that had never made headphones before–Monster. We wanted a manufacturer that didn’t have preconceived ideas about what a headphone should be. Most headphones have the same “curve,” which is tuned for classical music. And we brought a sense of fashion to it, too. Most headphones look like medical devices. Who would want to put that on their head?"

The lead designer for Beats was Robert Brunner from Ammunition, Jony Ive's previous boss at Apple. He would have designed the old Pismo Powerbook G3s. Jony Ive took over around the late 90s and you can see the design shift to the iBooks and titanium G4 powerbooks later on.

Beats has captured over 50% of the premium headphone market so it clearly has a strong appeal. I don't see a reason to get rid of the headphone line as that just hands over that huge market to a competitor but hiring strong candidates in their respective fields is a good strategy. A lot of the current Apple leads are getting nearer retirement. Eddy Cue has been at Apple for 25 years:

https://www.apple.com/pr/bios/eddy-cue.html

Dre and Iovine don't have to replace him entirely but they can have some lead in the direction of iTunes to take some weight off Eddy Cue. They are ideal candidates to direct the world's leading online music retail outlet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC 
How will Apple get them to stay if one day they decided to leave and with all the Bs these guys are set for life without work.

I'm pretty sure they were set for life beforehand. Their company had over $1b in revenue. It also may not be in cash but stock that they have to wait to cash in like Angela Ahrendts.
post #96 of 114

"Despite mediocre reviews from critics, the firm's high-margin headphones are some of the most popular models on the market."

I guess this just goes to show how ignorant people are. It maybe a POS, but if everybody else is ignorant and buying them, then I guess I have to too. What fools the consumers are. I need to think of something horrible I can sell to the sheep.

post #97 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
 

"Despite mediocre reviews from critics, the firm's high-margin headphones are some of the most popular models on the market."

I guess this just goes to show how ignorant people are. It maybe a POS, but if everybody else is ignorant and buying them, then I guess I have to too. What fools the consumers are. I need to think of something horrible I can sell to the sheep.

 

There should always be room for choice, and we shouldn't be denigrating people who merely choose a product which we ourselves did not choose. It's not for us to say what best suits someone else. Aside from technical quality, there are many reasons to choose an alternative to what you might feel is "the best", including personal style, price, corporate politics, individual "fit", and others, both tangible and intangible. No need to call people "sheep" or "cultists" or "droids" or "fanbois". Doing so just exposes your own arrogance.  

 

Everyone need not assimilate, and resistance is never futile.

post #98 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post
 

 

There should always be room for choice, and we shouldn't be denigrating people who merely choose a product which we ourselves did not choose. It's not for us to say what best suits someone else. Aside from technical quality, there are many reasons to choose an alternative to what you might feel is "the best", including personal style, price, corporate politics, individual "fit", and others, both tangible and intangible. No need to call people "sheep" or "cultists" or "droids" or "fanbois". Doing so just exposes your own arrogance.  

 

Everyone need not assimilate, and resistance is never futile.

 

... or they could have bought a product out of sheer ignorance.

 

It still happens to me. Not near as much as it did when I was younger. Hype thrown at a gullible audience has built quite a few companies.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #99 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post


"Sad". 

No, what's sad is your incessant, obnoxious, self-congratulatory, mocking, ignorant, and downright nasty posts about something that is not even confirmed- and even if it was, you're utterly ignorant to the reason, motivations, and details of such a deal. You've made hundreds of comments about something that has been rumoured, and that nobody has any real specific or knowledge on. You're too damn narcissistic, vain, and trollish to at least wait until things are confirmed with some basic details, in order to give such conclusive and loud-mouthed opinions. Amazing that with all Apple has accomplished, with all the time their doubters have been wrong there's still people like you- who never, ever give them the benefit of the doubt and always assume the WORST case scenario- as if Apple has no clue what it's doing. Maybe you can hold your tongue until we know something real? You've given your obnoxiously ignorant take on this a million times already, and looks like there's no end in sight. You can't even imagine the possibility that Apple might know what it's doing. No, of course not- its the trolls like you that always know-all. 

Good job, needed to be said. Major irritant.
post #100 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

You know you can put me on ignore if my "trolling" bothers you so much. But I'm sure if I was posting here about how great this is and how genius Tim Cook is nobody would be complaining or calling it trollish behavior. 1rolleyes.gif

Putting you on ignore doesn't work because others respond to you.

If you had a rational approach to this rumored deal, you might say a couple things, share a couple if insights, and then keep quiet.

You are working this over shamefully. If it was a horse, you'd be arrested for animal cruelty. Your motives are highly suspect as a result.
Edited by Flaneur - 5/23/14 at 1:06pm
post #101 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post

"Despite mediocre reviews from critics, the firm's high-margin headphones are some of the most popular models on the market."
I guess this just goes to show how ignorant people are. It maybe a POS, but if everybody else is ignorant and buying them, then I guess I have to too. What fools the consumers are. I need to think of something horrible I can sell to the sheep.

Critics might find OLED displays poor quality if they were testing faithful color reproduction. However, consumers might love them because they show very vivid, highly saturated colors. Just because Beats weren't designed for faithful sound reproduction doesn't mean they deserve a poor reception. If consumers like how they sound then they'll review them positively. Most consumers seem to be reviewing them positively:

http://www.amazon.com/Beats-On-Ear-Headphone-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B008DS0W18
http://www.amazon.com/Beats-On-Ear-Headphone-Drenched-Black/dp/B00ETI275K

Examples of the negatives are:

"BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! if this is how you BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! like to listen to your music, then BOOM! BOOM! these might be just be the outlet your $200 has been looking for. If, however, you have any desire to enjoy any sound above 200Hz or so, then by all means move along people -- there's nothing to hear...here. The mids and highs aren't just muddy, they're mired in quicksand."

"Boomy bass creates a jumbled and imprecise sound. The balance is way too bass heavy for just about any genre of music, and you lose any quality in the highs and mid-range that you would otherwise have. Vocals sound like you're listening to a singer through a glass wall and it's hard to pick out the highs when they sound so far away."

The hundreds of positive reviews however simply say that they look great and sound great and people are happy with them. A lot of the positive reviews seem to come from people using them for everyday music. The negative reviews come more from people looking for the most accurate sound reproduction.
post #102 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Jimmy Iovine commented on the sound quality of Beats. Typically reviewers merit headphones on sound reproduction, which is understandable but they were aiming to make the audio sound good:

http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2014/05/09/beats-co-founder-and-possible-apple-employee-jimmy-iovine-explains-how-he-and-dr-dre-innovate/

"It just came down to whether we liked the sound. We didn’t test anything with an oscilloscope. A lot of it was musician tested. I have a lot of people coming into my office–Bono and Edge were a big part of it. We asked people, “Is this what your music sounded like when you recorded it in the studio?” and we kept working on in until they said yes.

We worked with a manufacturer that had never made headphones before–Monster. We wanted a manufacturer that didn’t have preconceived ideas about what a headphone should be. Most headphones have the same “curve,” which is tuned for classical music. And we brought a sense of fashion to it, too. Most headphones look like medical devices. Who would want to put that on their head?"

The lead designer for Beats was Robert Brunner from Ammunition, Jony Ive's previous boss at Apple. He would have designed the old Pismo Powerbook G3s. Jony Ive took over around the late 90s and you can see the design shift to the iBooks and titanium G4 powerbooks later on.

Beats has captured over 50% of the premium headphone market so it clearly has a strong appeal. I don't see a reason to get rid of the headphone line as that just hands over that huge market to a competitor but hiring strong candidates in their respective fields is a good strategy. A lot of the current Apple leads are getting nearer retirement. Eddy Cue has been at Apple for 25 years:

https://www.apple.com/pr/bios/eddy-cue.html

Dre and Iovine don't have to replace him entirely but they can have some lead in the direction of iTunes to take some weight off Eddy Cue. They are ideal candidates to direct the world's leading online music retail outlet.
I'm pretty sure they were set for life beforehand. Their company had over $1b in revenue. It also may not be in cash but stock that they have to wait to cash in like Angela Ahrendts.

Good post, thanks. On the headphones, the single most salient fact is that they got it to be acceptable and desirable to wear headphones out in the world. No "straight " headphone has accomplished that, no matter how much better they sound. It's about the next step in wearables, in my opinion. The bass-heavy sound is necessary because it provides a tactile atmosphere, which is part of the urban armor that the "music" projects.
post #103 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The hundreds of positive reviews however simply say that they look great and sound great and people are happy with them. A lot of the positive reviews seem to come from people using them for everyday music. The negative reviews come more from people looking for the most accurate sound reproduction.

 

Just curious.

 

Which of these two attributes would you say is most closely aligned with Apple products?

 

1. Good enough for every day use.

 

2. Most accurate.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #104 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sad". 

 

No, what's sad is your incessant, obnoxious, self-congratulatory, mocking, ignorant, and downright nasty posts about something that is not even confirmed- and even if it was, you're utterly ignorant to the reason, motivations, and details of such a deal. You've made hundreds of comments about something that has been rumoured, and that nobody has any real specific or knowledge on. You're too damn narcissistic, vain, and trollish to at least wait until things are confirmed with some basic details, in order to give such conclusive and loud-mouthed opinions. Amazing that with all Apple has accomplished, with all the time their doubters have been wrong there's still people like you- who never, ever give them the benefit of the doubt and always assume the WORST case scenario- as if Apple has no clue what it's doing. Maybe you can hold your tongue until we know something real? You've given your obnoxiously ignorant take on this a million times already, and looks like there's no end in sight. You can't even imagine the possibility that Apple might know what it's doing. No, of course not- its the trolls like you that always know-all. 

 

You are basically trying to curtail debate, and the problem isn't Apple, it's the present management. The more Cook messes up the more he needs to get scrutinised. Where are the products throughout 2014? 

 

If Steve Ballmer made this deal during his tenure the howls of laughter here would be undrownable. 

 

Plenty of Apple fans on the internet - Gruber for instance - are utterly confused by this. Some are hostile. Even DED is keeping his powder dry.

I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #105 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

You are basically trying to curtail debate, and the problem isn't Apple, it's the present management. The more Cook messes up the more he needs to get scrutinised. Where are the products throughout 2014? 

If Steve Ballmer made this deal during his tenure the howls of laughter here would be undrownable. 

Plenty of Apple fans on the internet - Gruber for instance - are utterly confused by this. Some are hostile. Even DED is keeping his powder dry.

What are Cook's mess ups?

Happy new year! I did not realize 2014 ended in May.
post #106 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Just curious.

Which of these two attributes would you say is most closely aligned with Apple products?

1. Good enough for every day use.
2. Most accurate.

They typically put people first and focus on the experience rather than the hardware spec. Their professional displays don't rank the highest in quality. I don't think anyone would rank their Earpods amongst the best earbuds.

When talking about accuracy, it's important to consider what the reference is. Are 'accurate' or balanced headphones good at reproducing the sound you hear from a live orchestra, music gig or soundbooth in a recording studio? If they are balanced then they have less weight to the audio. When you hear music live, you can feel the music through the floor. Even with vocal-heavy high-treble audio, if there's a powerful enough delivery, you feel it from more places than your ears.

The way you worded the question is to suggest that the choice is accurate=best quality vs everyday use=average quality. If balanced headphones make everyday music sound weak then some would consider them to be lower quality.

I would expect Apple to aim for the best all-round experience. This would be trying to deliver the strongest audio where possible so the audience can feel the music but without affecting the clarity too harshly.
post #107 of 114
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

You are basically trying to curtail debate, and the problem isn't Apple, it's the present management. The more Cook messes up the more he needs to get scrutinised. Where are the products throughout 2014? 

 

If Steve Ballmer made this deal during his tenure the howls of laughter here would be undrownable. 

 

Plenty of Apple fans on the internet - Gruber for instance - are utterly confused by this. Some are hostile. Even DED is keeping his powder dry.

 

And your proof that this is even happening is… what, exactly?

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #108 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The way you worded the question is to suggest that the choice is accurate=best quality vs everyday use=average quality. If balanced headphones make everyday music sound weak then some would consider them to be lower quality.
 

 

That's exactly what I am suggesting.

 

Personally, I don't consider Beats quality to be even close to the quality of Apple's products.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #109 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post
 

This isn't even a rumor anymore this has been a done deal for a while. 

 

link to the press release.

 

nope. it's a rumor still.

post #110 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Personally, I don't consider Beats quality to be even close to the quality of Apple's products.

The ideal then would be for Apple to increase the quality of Beats products while building on the established userbase (50%+ premium headphone market).

Scrap the Shuffle, Nano and Classic, put a Shuffle into the Beats Solo for $99-149, 60 hour battery life. Make a higher-end version Studio model with better drivers, more internal storage around $199-299.

There could be one specific to running with buds but battery life would be lower.

Controls would be on the sides and it would just scroll through the letter reading them out. Double-tap phones to shuffle.

They can keep the iPod Touch going as that's the only iPod worth continuing but I'd rather see that changed to an entry-level iPhone. iPhones could control and send tracks to the headphones wirelessly but not stream them so as not to wear down the headphone batteries.
post #111 of 114
"They want Jimmy and they want Dre," the unnamed source said. "He's got fashion and culture completely locked up."

Locked up and thrown away the key.
iPad a Dream.
Reply
iPad a Dream.
Reply
post #112 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZREOSpecialist View Post

How does everyone feel Iovine and Dre will fit into Apple's corporate culture?

Iovine? Well. Dre? Misfit.
iPad a Dream.
Reply
iPad a Dream.
Reply
post #113 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZREOSpecialist View Post

 
Tim Cook once said that he will never hire a "VP of innovation" because doing so would mean there was a problem at Apple. Well, what do you think he's doing with his recent hires? He is offloading the task of ideation to others and managing the scene. I am a little conflicted about how I feel about this, but then again, Cook's strengths are managerial and not creative. He is not a visionary. Maybe this is what Apple has needed.

Is Ive quitting?

No.
iPad a Dream.
Reply
iPad a Dream.
Reply
post #114 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I'm wondering what the reaction is going to be at WWDC if they drag these two on stage.   It could go one of three ways.  1.  Cheers, 2.  Boos or 3.  No response.

This ought to be interesting.  I think Cook has lost his mind on this one.

With luck, it looks as though there was a deal, but the dreadful Dre video scuppered it.
iPad a Dream.
Reply
iPad a Dream.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple wants Beats for Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, not technology