or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Post your desktop

Post your desktop - Page 40  

post #1561 of 1796
Here is mine, it is a photo of my wife that I enhanced in photoshop, though I didn't need to do much....

post #1562 of 1796
You wife? I'm lovin' it.
post #1563 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth
You wife? I'm lovin' it.

Thanks...I took a few of these pictures early yesterday, and this is my favorite one. I am probably going to make some kind of a multiple picture desktop with all of them, once I get them all to have the same lighting, etc....
post #1564 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by ijerry
Here is mine, it is a photo of my wife that I enhanced in photoshop, though I didn't need to do much....

Are you serious, ljerry? Excellent job on the photography, modeling, and touchup.

The problem with all of salmonstk's wonderful desktops is that there is no way I can use them at work (wouldn't want co-workers to judge me) or at home (my wife would feel betrayed). So they're all sitting in a little used folder down a long path on my HDD. Having enticing pictures of your own wife instead of an anonymous beauty would likely make them acceptable for home use. Maybe it's time for a photo session...

C.T.
post #1565 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Cold Turkey
Are you serious, ljerry? Excellent job on the photography, modeling, and touchup.

The problem with all of salmonstk's wonderful desktops is that there is no way I can use them at work (wouldn't want co-workers to judge me) or at home (my wife would feel betrayed). So they're all sitting in a little used folder down a long path on my HDD. Having enticing pictures of your own wife instead of an anonymous beauty would likely make them acceptable for home use. Maybe it's time for a photo session...

C.T.

Want to hear the cool part?! She is currently 8 months pregnant! That is why it is just a head shot, but I like it because of that fact.

I too have a hard time putting some other girl on my computer, so while I have the pictures, they are rarely used so as to not offend the wife...So, I figured that I would get the best of both worlds...I bought some cool Roman-type shades for my living room, and it makes a natural light softbox, by pure accident!!

Anyway, I would recommend a photo session with your wife so that you can actually use it!

And thanks for the compliment! She feels really good about these last batch of photos, and for anyone with a pregnant spouse or loved one, you know how important it is to make them feel sexy!!
post #1566 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by salmonstk
A little different update this week. Risque pics that have been color halftoned.

Its not dirty, they are just dots...

eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
post #1567 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Cold Turkey

C.T.

I don't even use my own desktops... for the same reasons you cite above. Having said that...

Another round of updates...
post #1568 of 1796
Quote:
I don't even use my own desktops... for the same reasons you cite above. Having said that...

salmonstk: It's funny to know that the artist himself suffers from the same preventive self-censorship as his followers.

I'm saving all your desktops anyway, just in case I ever become single again.

Escher
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
post #1569 of 1796
I don't use salmonstk's desktops because there's no way I could possibly get work done.

It's kind of funny: Last night "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld was on. . . a classic.

Anyway, we have a new addition to the family. She arrived last week, and has been giving me nothing but joy: (see image below)
Cat: the other white meat
post #1570 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Splinemodel
It's kind of funny: Last night "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld was on. . . a classic.

I consider them all classics!

_thedustin
post #1571 of 1796
Quote:
Anyway, we have a new addition to the family. She arrived last week, and has been giving me nothing but joy: (see image below)

Isn't Form-Z the package that Burt Rutan and his clan at Scaled Composites use during the initial design phase of their projects? I thought I read that on an old feature on the Apple/Pro website. Or was is Ashlar's Vellum Solids?

Escher
post #1572 of 1796
Quote:

Another round of updates...

Why is the girl on the left's leg pink?
post #1573 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Escher
Isn't Form-Z the package that Burt Rutan and his clan at Scaled Composites use during the initial design phase of their projects? I thought I read that on an old feature on the Apple/Pro website. Or was is Ashlar's Vellum Solids?

Escher

It may be. . . I'm not sure. I use it because, unlike most CAD packages, it's a 3D program that can also do 2D rather than the other way around. This makes it extremely good for designing injection molded plastics.
post #1574 of 1796
Quote:
It may be. . . I'm not sure. I use it because, unlike most CAD packages, it's a 3D program that can also do 2D rather than the other way around. This makes it extremely good for designing injection molded plastics.

It's a shame Apple removed that page from their website. Architosh still references the Apple feature, but doesn't say whether Burt uses Ashlar Vellum or FormZ. I'm too CAD illiterate to make an educated guess. I've only used MiniCAD and VectorWorks. But something that is "extremely good for designing injection molded plastics" (FormZ) might be good for Rutan's planes too. After all they're just larger pieces of plastic.

Update: Burt Rutan uses Ashlar-Vellum. It says so on Ashlar's website, which includes a congratulatory message re: SpaceShipOne's recent space flight.

Update 2: Ashlar ships its programs in both Windows and Mac OS X versions with every license, so you can switch platforms for free. How cool is that? If only Microsoft would do the same thing with Office.

Now back on topic! Desktops!

Escher
post #1575 of 1796
From my new 20 inch Apple Cinema Display.

post #1576 of 1796
Collages this update: a bit smaller than ussual for modesty's sake.
post #1577 of 1796
Why don't you ever show YOUR desktop?
post #1578 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by psgamer0921
Why don't you ever show YOUR desktop?

A current shot:
post #1579 of 1796
salmonstk: It's good to see your own desktop, especially now that you've admitted that you would never use the revealing ones you produce yourself.

I thought that Stata was available for Mac OS X these days? Is the OS X version too expensive or limited in functionality?

Escher
post #1580 of 1796
Quote:
salmonstk: It's good to see your own desktop, especially now that you've admitted that you would never use the revealing ones you produce yourself.

I thought that Stata was available for Mac OS X these days? Is the OS X version too expensive or limited in functionality?

Escher

I didn't say I never use them. I just don't use them often or at work.

The Windows Stata I am using was free, as was virtual PC so I am stuck with that now. maybe will make the investment one day to buy myself, or wait till I get a job and i can get a department to buy it.
post #1581 of 1796
here is my latest creation in the spirit of Tiger...

post #1582 of 1796
Quote:
I didn't say I never use them. I just don't use them often or at work.

I know, I know. I sometimes use them too. I exaggerated for effect. Nothing to worry about. Still enjoy your desktops very much. Move right along.

Escher
post #1583 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by ijerry
here is my latest creation in the spirit of Tiger...

Wow! That is one full dock, ljerry. Mine only has 14 icons, including the finder and trash. For everything else, I just hit command-shift-A to call up the Applications menu in the Finder. Oh, and the Tiger desktop is nice.

Escher
post #1584 of 1796
Quote:
Wow! That is one full dock, ljerry. Mine only has 14 icons, including the finder and trash. For everything else, I just hit command-shift-A to call up the Applications menu in the Finder. Oh, and the Tiger desktop is nice.

Escher

Yeah it is a full dock!...I just hate navigating through my applications folder, there are a ton more that I don't have in my dock and it can be cumbersome. Thanks for the comment though.
post #1585 of 1796
post #1586 of 1796
post #1587 of 1796

Bigger!

Here is my current desktop. I am going for simple with this one.
Agent69
Agent69
post #1588 of 1796
This update features underwear. But It won't be up for long.
post #1589 of 1796
Quote:
This update features underwear. But It won't be up for long.

Ahhhh! That is my favorite kind of underwear (pictured above). It will grace my desktop for today, and then will safely go into my "salmonstk" folder.

Escher
post #1590 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Concord
Today's Wall... a *very* nice 3D render.

Cheers,

C.

You have the original/source to this one? Very nice. I wouldn't mind having that as my desktop.
New Powerbook!!! 1.25 ghz of... something!
post #1591 of 1796
Never done this before, so here's my current desktop, which i made to satisfy my Alias fandom in the absence of the show,

Here's the full size (1280x854)
post #1592 of 1796
Black & whites... all artfull. Some a bit "strong"
post #1593 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by trebuchet:
You have the original/source to this one? Very nice. I wouldn't mind having that as my desktop.

Sorry Trebuchet, I completely forgot... here ya go!

Cheers,

C,
post #1594 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Concord
Sorry Trebuchet, I completely forgot... here ya go!

Cheers,

C,

Thank you kindly!!!
post #1595 of 1796
post #1596 of 1796

An risque desktop update.
post #1597 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Agent69

Bigger!

Here is my current desktop. I am going for simple with this one.

Can you post the original desktop pic please? Id like to use that too!
A friend will help you move, but a REAL FRIEND will help you move a body.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL FRIEND will help you move a body.
post #1598 of 1796
Excuse the altered image, but otherwise not so good for AI.

Check out the rest at the site.
post #1599 of 1796
Quote:
Excuse the altered image, but otherwise not so good for AI.

Check out the rest at the site.

LOL...... i'm not sure if that would be allowed either...
post #1600 of 1796
Art risque's this update.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Post your desktop