or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Flaky User CP: I can't be a Wankel Wanker

Flaky User CP: I can't be a Wankel Wanker

post #1 of 57
There seems to be a problem with updating the user title

Warning: eregi_replace() [function.eregi-replace]: REG_BADRPT in /usr/local/www/aivbforums/docroot/admin/functions.php on line 947

Whoop, there it is.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #2 of 57
Same problem here, I'm not allowed to be a Local Yokel. Or anything else, for that matter
post #3 of 57
Have that too.

posted here
post #4 of 57
Same problem here. I'll keep on trying.
post #5 of 57
looks like it works now-or not
post #6 of 57
What are you going for, Defiant? Maybe 'goodhearted samaritan'?
post #7 of 57

maybe...who knows...

or 'chocolate mafia'
or 'changing minds'
or ... you tell me!

what are you going for? "I'm not german"?
post #8 of 57
Where is this option in the User CP? That is where you guys are trying to change your title isn't it?
post #9 of 57
you only get it, when you cross 1000 posts. you have, lemme see.. 666 posts, so, no luck for you. maybe next year.
post #10 of 57
so what's the problem exactly?

somebody take some screenshots of what's going on.
post #11 of 57
Here you go. BTW, thanks for the update of the post count, Jonathan.

http://www.zaan.be/userCP.jpg
post #12 of 57
Quote:
Originally posted by der Kopf
Here you go. BTW, thanks for the update of the post count, Jonathan.

(edit: this image once is enough)

Oh, this screen is the one I get after writing something in the little space for a new user status and clicking the submit button.
post #13 of 57
(
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
you only get it, when you cross 1000 posts. you have, lemme see.. 666 posts, so, no luck for you. maybe next year.

So that's what the surprise I heard about you get once you reach 1000 posts... \
post #14 of 57
Quote:
Originally posted by iBrowse
(

So that's what the surprise I heard about you get once you reach 1000 posts... \

secret of the big posters
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #15 of 57
Whoops, ignore this.
post #16 of 57
dear administrators, dear mods.

we gathered here to celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the big wankel wanker thread.

please hold on for a minute, and join us in our grief.

we cry, that it still isn't fixed. sniff'
post #17 of 57
gotta ask. is that on someones to-do list?
post #18 of 57
Yeah, I wanted to make myself "Embedded Member" but so far no go.
post #19 of 57
What about 9 Inch Member, is that allowed...?
post #20 of 57
same prob here too...
If I reset and leave blank, I'm back to Senior Member.

If I click on Reset button and add a new name, it makes it blank...
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #21 of 57
What I find strange is that this worked when the forums first moved to vB. I changed my title to "Member" from "Senior Member" almost immediately, in lieu of a better title. And now it stopped working... weird.

Any idea if this can be fixed sometime? Not to be pushy or anything, I'm just wondering what the status is on it.
post #22 of 57
Bump

Wanted to celebrate my 1000 post mark with changing my title...but alas this bug is still buzzin
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
post #23 of 57
I would look into this further, but I still don't have complete access to the server's SQL database to investigate this kind of bug.

Sorry folks.
post #24 of 57
Quote:
Originally posted by Luca Rescigno
What I find strange is that this worked when the forums first moved to vB. I changed my title to "Member" from "Senior Member" almost immediately, in lieu of a better title. And now it stopped working... weird.

Any idea if this can be fixed sometime? Not to be pushy or anything, I'm just wondering what the status is on it.

You changed yours to Senior Member? I'm not at 1000 yet so I couldn't change mine, but I have Senior Member, a lot of people do.
post #25 of 57
Quote:
Originally posted by Splinemodel
There seems to be a problem with updating the user title

looks like you got it..
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #26 of 57
No, I changed mine to "Member" near the beginning when it still worked. Then it broke a few days later; I realized it when I wanted to change from "Member" to something more creative. So now I'm either (null) or Senior Member until it's fixed.
post #27 of 57
Luca:

Try changing yours now. Do you get the same error?
post #28 of 57
****ers! You're going to make me post more, so I can have a custom title.
14" iBook
700MHz G3
640MB RAM

Kecksy's Korner
14" iBook
700MHz G3
640MB RAM

Kecksy's Korner
post #29 of 57
Brad:

Warning: eregi_replace() [function.eregi-replace]: REG_BADRPT in /usr/local/www/aivbforums/docroot/admin/functions.php on line 947

still the same, but I don't have to reset it now. It resets itself to 'Senior Member' now. \ or not. damn chache. (see below)
post #30 of 57
nevermind. IE on windows and its cache play with me...
post #31 of 57
Joining the Club..

How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
post #32 of 57
Same problem. Same error. No auto-reset.
post #33 of 57
Hmm it seems now that Splinemodel can be a Wankel Wanker... how can I change mine? I still get the error. But it seems like some people get it now.
post #34 of 57
I'm tryin'
post #35 of 57
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
looks like you got it..

you got it too.
post #36 of 57
What the hell.

Do I really need to go back to being Anders to be able to change my title? CanĀ“t you just make it possible for this registration. Or do you want to see a thousand "test" threads bloom
post #37 of 57
you're not able to do it anyways. it's broken right now.

well, let's get a life.
post #38 of 57
Just making sure: you guys aren't pushing the reset button right underneath the title field in your profile, are you?

That won't change it, it will reset it... Just put something in and save at the bottom of the page
post #39 of 57
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Just making sure: you guys aren't pushing the reset button right underneath the title field in your profile, are you?

That won't change it, it will reset it... Just put something in and save at the bottom of the page

well.. I'm pusing the one with the name 'Submit Modifications'.. so I guess this is the right one...

Jonathan, can't you try to change it for me? Maybe admin power will help...
post #40 of 57
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
you got it too.

i never changed mine after the first week vB was up... because of this thread, i don't want to test it
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Flaky User CP: I can't be a Wankel Wanker