or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Macromind Director 2.0-3.0 software?

Macromind Director 2.0-3.0 software?

post #1 of 5
During my college years I created animations using early versions of Macromind Director. A few years ago I purchased Macromedia Director 5.0 so that I could open those legacy files and transfer them to a format I could currently play or edit. "NO CAN DO."

Can anyone help me find where I can purchase or download the Macromind Director 2.0-3.0 software, so that I can open these legacy animation files?

"Peace is not the abscence of danger..."
post #2 of 5
Hey, I see you are not getting any bites here, so I'll pass it along to the Software forum.

I suppose it's purchasing advice, but it's probably going to end up a discussion of the app, how to open said documents, etc, so it'll be a better fit over there.

Oh, and welcome to AI.

post #3 of 5
In Director 6 or higher there's an option called "update movie" to convert older director files to a more compatible versions.

It works with version 4 or 5 but don't know if it still works for 2 or 3....
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #4 of 5
OK, thanks for the tip. I'll try it.

(Still interested, though, if anyone can help me find a copy of Macromind Director 2.0 or 3.0.)
post #5 of 5

I've seen it on ebay & I think Amazon as well (well, at least the books & books on it are on Amazon)  Good Luck!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Macromind Director 2.0-3.0 software?