or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "Liberal Media" to Air Anti-Kerry Film Days Before Election

"Liberal Media" to Air Anti-Kerry Film Days Before Election - Page 4  

post #121 of 142
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
Obviously New doesn't understand that the public consists of more than people who agree with him.

Do you have any doubt that this would get good ratings?

Nick

You keep using irrelevant and dumb examples.

I think you can see the difference between a public broadcaster and a chain of movie theaters, but you won't get into the issue.

And try to think less about your jeep. Cars are never very good analogies for anything...
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #122 of 142
Quote:
Yep, like we said this afternoon, among the jobless.

Sinclair Broadcasting's Washington Bureau chief Jonathan Lieberman got canned this afternoon for denouncing Sinclair's Swift Boat stunt in an interview for this morning's Baltimore Sun.

I give this guy a lot of credit. I feel bad for him. And I really hope someone picks him up quickly.

But my strongest impression is simply the outlandish quality of this drama. It's like we're a banana republic suddenly. Or it's like the late 19th century in some unruly part of this country where the local papers and most of the legislators were owned by some railroad boss or some similar honcho or tycoon. Only now the rot and swindlerdom of it all is magnified by cutting edge technology.

tpm
post #123 of 142
Quote:
Do you have any doubt that this would get good ratings?

Nick

No probably, but I still think it's bad for buisness...
post #124 of 142
Quote:
Originally posted by New
No probably, but I still think it's bad for buisness...

Thanks, I was looking for a good undervalued stock to pick up.

You've probably just helped me make a good sum of money.

Thanks,
Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #125 of 142
Quote:
Thanks, I was looking for a good undervalued stock to pick up.

You've probably just helped me make a good sum of money.

Thanks,
Nick

Good for you, buy some halliburton while your at it.
post #126 of 142
Halliburton's actually worth something. How much you want to bet that the wingers on this board weren't smart enough to buy up shares of _____s* back at the start of the war when the getting was good? After all, they're still lying to themselves about what happened with the war and don't even really realize what the story with halliburton really is.

*I figure there's no reason to tell them now. Why give away good info for free to people I don't like?
post #127 of 142
I figure I would never take financial advice from people who have no expertise.

Nick

post #128 of 142
That's what I thought. Probably don't even know the missing acronym, what firms are what or how to trade that type of company. That's why people who support this war for anything but economic reasons are mindless sheep, why groups like the infamous carlyle do what they do and why investors with even an ounce on conscience have found the past 4 years a moral struggle. It's a rough choice to make when you have public companies whose shares predictably go from 15 to 65-70 within months of each conflict, but it's OK since they are hidden away as parts of broader industries.
post #129 of 142
Looks like this could also create an insider trading scandal:

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=38393

Shareholders are getting pissed at the company.

In other pissed Sinclair shareholder news, Wall Street invesment firm Glickenhaus & Co., which holds 6100 shares, is taking action with backing from Media Matters

http://mediamatters.org/items/200410190004
post #130 of 142
That's what I thought, only a newbie would believe that knowing an acronym gives them understanding.

There are plenty of people who support this war and are not doing so for any sort of financial stake. People who are against it trade in false accusations and dwell in the realm of the weak-minded. They do so because they cannot trade in the truth. They lie and attempt to scare people by proclaiming a false draft, and attempt to create hysteria since they cannot deal with reason.

It's a rough choice to make when you watch a currency trader attempt to buy the election, and even threaten to attempt a destablization of the dollar and the economy just to achieve his political aims. It's even more amazing when you support and side with groups that spend millions of unaccountable slush money in a quest to put a sell out of a man into office who has shown that no tool, not even love and lies will be left aside in his quest for power and money.

It is also the type of hypocrisy old money trades in when it attempts to keep new people from competing with their thin blooded, weak-minded offspring.

Nick

post #131 of 142
Stop being so full of yourself.
post #132 of 142
Quote:
That's what I thought, only a newbie would believe that knowing an acronym gives them understanding.

There are plenty of people who support this war and are not doing so for any sort of financial stake. People who are against it trade in false accusations and dwell in the realm of the weak-minded. They do so because they cannot trade in the truth. They lie and attempt to scare people by proclaiming a false draft, and attempt to create hysteria since they cannot deal with reason.

It's a rough choice to make when you watch a currency trader attempt to buy the election, and even threaten to attempt a destablization of the dollar and the economy just to achieve his political aims. It's even more amazing when you support and side with groups that spend millions of unaccountable slush money in a quest to put a sell out of a man into office who has shown that no tool, not even love and lies will be left aside in his quest for power and money.

It is also the type of hypocrisy old money trades in when it attempts to keep new people from competing with their thin blooded, weak-minded offspring.

Nick

Lame diatribe Nick. Here, I'll summarize for the masses: "I, Nick, am right about the holy war that America is currently involved in. My savior, Bush, has told me this nation is on the right path and I believe him. Bush is a pious man so he wouldn't mislead me. You who question this war or my beloved president are wrong because Bush tells me so. To that end I will ignore reality as Bush deams fit for me to do so. I will ignore the reports coming from high ranking Generals, government investigations, and high ranking ex-officials. Bush has assured me the world is a good place right now thus making any despariging comments about Bush or this war wrong. I will let ideology rule my decision making processes despite the fact that 'evidence' shows my trust in Bush and beliefe in the ideology to be misplaced. So, to that end I firmly believe all is fair in politics when it comes to attacking my opponent; however, the converse is not true.I am right. You are wrong. Bush told me so."

At least that's what I see when I read through your post's here Nick.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #133 of 142
Look at him frothing at the mouth. He's like a friggin animal.

Down, boy!
post #134 of 142
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
Lame diatribe Nick. Here, I'll summarize for the masses: "I, Nick, am right about the holy war that America is currently involved in. My savior, Bush, has told me this nation is on the right path and I believe him. Bush is a pious man so he wouldn't mislead me. You who question this war or my beloved president are wrong because Bush tells me so. To that end I will ignore reality as Bush deams fit for me to do so. I will ignore the reports coming from high ranking Generals, government investigations, and high ranking ex-officials. Bush has assured me the world is a good place right now thus making any despariging comments about Bush or this war wrong. I will let ideology rule my decision making processes despite the fact that 'evidence' shows my trust in Bush and beliefe in the ideology to be misplaced. So, to that end I firmly believe all is fair in politics when it comes to attacking my opponent; however, the converse is not true.I am right. You are wrong. Bush told me so."

At least that's what I see when I read through your post's here Nick.

Wow, you read all that. You need to ask your doctor to up your meds. You are dreaming in a lucid manner again. Also put back on the tin foil hat because you obviously are listening to the voices again. Of course that is the advice I give to anyone who reads an entire post and then transcribes it to what they hear or "see" in their head.

I love how you are doing it for the "masses" as well. Did you add that nice little nutty touch just to make me smile?

Nick

post #135 of 142
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Stop being so full of yourself.

....says the one giving stock advice.

Go back outside and play with your imaginary friends. To find them all you need to do is forget your meds like the other parties with whom you associate.

Nick

post #136 of 142
Quote:
Wow, you read all that. You need to ask your doctor to up your meds. You are dreaming in a lucid manner again. Also put back on the tin foil hat because you obviously are listening to the voices again.

Nick

No, I'm simply reading what you post Nick. You may feel you're smooth and superior but in the end your arguments boil down to the same thing--I and Bush are always right no matter what evidence is presented. You and yours are always wrong regardless of the evidence.
post #137 of 142
Quote:

Go back outside and play with your imaginary friends. To find them all you need to do is forget your meds like the other parties with whom you associate.

Nick

Case and point.
post #138 of 142
USA Today lists some of the many problems with Sinclair:
Quote:
Sinclair's stock is down 56.7% year-to-date compared with the S&P 500's rise of 0.2% for the year. He adds that Sinclair may consider trying to go private but would be hindered by its debt.

Among the decisions that raised the ire of many investors and public-interest advocates:

Since 2002 Sinclair has produced and distributed costly news and mostly conservative-opinion segments, called News Central, about national and international affairs for stations' local newscasts. While Sinclair describes the package as a cheaper way to offer news, analysts question why its small stations need to air news at all.

Also related to news, in at least 11 regulatory filings last year and this year, Sinclair blamed the Iraq war for $2.2 million in lost ad revenue. Sinclair's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission say the Iraq conflict prompted advertisers to cancel or forced stations to pre-empt ads for news.

Until last summer, Sinclair has vigorously opposed the transition to digital television. The company said it wanted a technical standard that would make it easier for homes to receive over-the-air signals on indoor antennas. But critics said Sinclair put its interests ahead of the country's, and angered regulators, by trying to put off the expense of converting to digital TV.

Sinclair has an ongoing battle with Jesse Jackson's Rainbow/PUSH Coalition. The group has asked the Federal Communications Commission to rescind some Sinclair station licenses and keep it from buying more. The group says Sinclair used a minority-run company it controls to improperly create duopolies ownership of two TV stations in a market in cities such as Oklahoma City and Dayton, Ohio.

In a seeming counterattack, Sinclair has asked a Georgia court for permission to review videotapes submitted in a lawsuit against Rainbow/PUSH by a former employee.

Investors also challenged Sinclair's decision in 2002 to invest $20 million in Summa Holdings, an auto dealership controlled by CEO David Smith. This year Sinclair said it would make no additional investments in Summa.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/...ing-woes_x.htm
post #139 of 142
Quote:

Nick

I said I believed it was bad for business. And this is where you get yourself!?!
You seem to be losing it, trumpt. Please stick to the issue.
post #140 of 142
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
No, I'm simply reading what you post Nick. You may feel you're smooth and superior but in the end your arguments boil down to the same thing--I and Bush are always right no matter what evidence is presented. You and yours are always wrong regardless of the evidence.

You can keep retyping what I "feel" and what you and the voices believe my posts say for the "masses" all day.

Really... enjoy yourself.

However the reality is that the non-delusional often attribute to people the actual things they type and post, not your little "clarifications for the masses."

Nick

post #141 of 142
Quote:
You can keep retyping what I "feel" and what you and the voices believe my posts say for the "masses" all day.

Really... enjoy yourself.

However the reality is that the non-delusional often attribute to people the actual things they type and post, not your little "clarifications for the masses."

Nick

Nick, you should really comb through some of your old post before making statements like "...the non-delusional often attribute to people the actual things they type and post..."
post #142 of 142
Well this is going great.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "Liberal Media" to Air Anti-Kerry Film Days Before Election